Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Has he played in any of the previous three games ??

0 minutes against the Netherlands
15 minutes off the bench against Poland where he looked really impressive and I thought he might be due a start
0 minutes against Wales - left out of the squad

Just now, LFox99 said:

0 minutes against the Netherlands
15 minutes off the bench against Poland where he looked really impressive and I thought he might be due a start
0 minutes against Wales - left out of the squad

Left out because he doesn’t want to get injured ahead of his medical with us….. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Left out because he doesn’t want to get injured ahead of his medical with us….. :ph34r:

my thoughts exactly

We saw what happened with Etikite the other day where he did his hammy and Newcastle stopped the negotiations

Just now, Deeg67 said:

I must have missed something - why would a player potentially changing clubs impact whether he plays for the national team on any given day?

@Pliskin said it, you don't want to put a move in danger by potentially getting injured before having a medical/ having the contract signed and sealed

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

@Pliskin said it, you don't want to put a move in danger by potentially getting injured before having a medical/ having the contract signed and sealed

Maybe, but I'm not buying.

This is a youngster who got a call up to the national team, one with one of the best starting 11s in the world.  He'll be desperate to make an impression, surely.  He's not going to ask out of playing because he's worried about his next contract.

Surely there is just a chance that he doesn’t make the starting 11?

Should he have had more minutes? Potentially.

But Madders should have been called up (for England unless he has found out he has a Belgian gran) and wasn’t so maybe Martinez just didn’t fancy CDK?

I wouldn't give much about the noise coming from Italy right now, it's just a load of tabloids recycling the same tweets from not ITK sources who then go on to recyle the articles they've initially been recycled in themselves.

We know from a reliable Belgian source nothing will be decided (if it hasn't already) while CDK is on duty with Belgium. We also know that according to Belgian sources the odds of him joining us are 80/20 in our favour and that he rates us highly. Expecting to get some noise from our sources within the next two weeks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Must mean he's signing for us, Milan, he's crap, failed his medical, waiting on offers from Man City, signed for Spurs yesterday, injured out for the season, just scored his first goal for our u23s.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Phenom said:

He’s good but we cannot and should not win a bidding war against him. I can think of better ways to spend 40 million.

Just now, MadsEmil said:

Such as?

I actually get the original comment.

Let’s say Youri does finally leave, getting a quality replacement is a necessity otherwise the ball won’t ever get up the pitch quick enough to release the forward players.

He also could be deemed as someone in direct competition with Madders who was our POTS.

21 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I actually get the original comment.

Let’s say Youri does finally leave, getting a quality replacement is a necessity otherwise the ball won’t ever get up the pitch quick enough to release the forward players.

He also could be deemed as someone in direct competition with Madders who was our POTS.

That all depends on how we set up in the coming season though, doesnt it?

If we got with the 433 that has Madders in midfield, then we're sorted because we'll have Madders and KDH to progress the ball instead of Youri. 

Also who says we have to spend the money we get for Youri on a CM replacement 1/1?

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He might come for the money just like most of the players who play for us do.

Genuinely, name me one mercenary in our squad. I don't think there's anyone who isn't fully convinced of our project who will still be here next season. 

If he wants to progress as a player - where does he go? Is it AC Milan? No idea on their player progression record, or us, where its decent, but could be declining.

He would join several Belgians here, but there seems to be a few at AC Milan too.

Despite their current resurgence, AC Milan are not the same team as "back in the day" and he is too young to remember those days,

I would say its on a knife edge

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

If he wants to progress as a player - where does he go? Is it AC Milan? No idea on their player progression record, or us, where its decent, but could be declining.

He would join several Belgians here, but there seems to be a few at AC Milan too.

Despite their current resurgence, AC Milan are not the same team as "back in the day" and he is too young to remember those days,

I would say its on a knife edge

They literally just won Serie A and will play Champions League football. I’m pretty sure going there would progress him as a player.

• Like 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

No idea on their player progression record

The biggest names who have moved in the last years are Bonucci to Juventus and Paqueta to Lyon (although I wouldnt quite credit AC for his development, they bought him for 40m and sold him for 20m).

It also seems they're quite the graveyard for strikers - Piatek, Cutrone, Lapadula and André Silva were all fairly rated names before they went to AC and look at them now.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The main difference is Saelemakers has been there for just a year, Origi is coming in fresh this summer. They both won't have the full picture compared to Castagne, Tielemans and Praet

• Like 1