Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

They literally just won Serie A and will play Champions League football. I’m pretty sure going there would progress him as a player.

What has that got to do with my question?

He should just sign for PSG then by your logic, or go sit on the Man City bench

Sitting in the stands or even on the bench in the CL is not progression.

• Like 1

Just now, LFox99 said:

The biggest names who have moved in the last years are Bonucci to Juventus and Paqueta to Lyon (although I wouldnt quite credit AC for his development, they bought him for 40m and sold him for 20m).

It also seems they're quite the graveyard for strikers - Piatek, Cutrone, Lapadula and André Silva were all fairly rated names before they went to AC and look at them now.

I have no idea about AC Milan so cannot comment, but that does not sound ideal. Not sure we are a perfect advert currently, but hopefully Tielemans, Castagne (Hide Praet) could provide positive feedback

9 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Genuinely, name me one mercenary in our squad. I don't think there's anyone who isn't fully convinced of our project who will still be here next season. 

...we do seem to offer a good salary to our new recruits!!!

It may be viewed as our USP, we have got to tighten up on this, in the long run it holds us back down the line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure we are a perfect advert currently

Not perfect but look at the young players we either bought or that came through our academy and broke through: Chilwell, KDH, Barnes, Tielemans, Soyuncu (he was 22 when we got him), Fofana, JJ. There's a clear pattern of progression and success.

• Like 1

Just now, LFox99 said:

Not perfect but look at the young players we either bought or that came through our academy and broke through: Chilwell, KDH, Barnes, Tielemans, Soyuncu (he was 22 when we got him), Fofana, JJ. There's a clear pattern of progression and success.

Not slandering our credentials in this area, we perhaps have some things wrong but not knowing the details its impossible to comment (beyond hyperbole anyway) and I think we have certainly been on the better end of player development than most

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we do seem to offer a good salary to our new recruits!!!

It may be viewed as our USP, we have got to tighten up on this, in the long run it holds us back down the line.

I doubt we offered more than 75k/ week to any of our new signings recently. Look at what sort of contracts mediocre players are getting elsewhere in the league. Nkethia with over 100k/ week after scoring 5 goals this season, Tarkowski well clear of 100k/ week at Everton, Callum Hudson Odoi with something close to 200k/ week after having a decent stint.

We need to be offering this sort of money to make sure foreign clubs cant keep up. We've done well enough to fend off Premier League competition despite inferior wage offers.

Putting myself in his position and I’m keen to live around Milan.  

these guys are supremely confident in their ability - they don’t worry that their new club may not allow them to showcase their talent. They know that they will perform.  Has he more chance of getting in the Belgian starting eleven after playing CL for Milan or carabao cup for us ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Has he more chance of getting in the Belgian starting eleven after playing CL for Milan or carabao cup for us ? 

There's plenty of Belgians who regularly make their starting XI by performing well in the Belgian league so your argument can go straight out the window.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

The main difference is Saelemakers has been there for just a year, Origi is coming in fresh this summer. They both won't have the full picture compared to Castagne, Tielemans and Praet

....that picture of card playing with the Leicester teammates, probably tells us more!!!

Depending what kind of person he is, he may view coming here as a easier transition than Milan. He looks like the boy next door, easy going and someone who appears to be a people person, rather than carrying any kind of ego. He will probably value friendship over money.

All speculative, never met the player but watching him interact with other teammates, and you can see (to me any way) he appears be introverted in a group situation.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Putting myself in his position and I’m keen to live around Milan.  

these guys are supremely confident in their ability - they don’t worry that their new club may not allow them to showcase their talent. They know that they will perform.  Has he more chance of getting in the Belgian starting eleven after playing CL for Milan or carabao cup for us ? 

So he will start ahead of Origi in the CL, ahead of Giroud in the CL you think? He wont start for Belgium if he is not playing regularly, and he can get picked for Belgium and in the CL by staying at Club Brugge

I watched Gazzetta Football Italia too :D

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....that picture of card playing with the Leicester teammates, probably tells us more!!!

Depending what kind of person he is, he may view coming here as a easier transition than Milan. He looks like the boy next door, easy going and someone who appears to be a people person, rather than carrying any kind of ego. He will probably value friendship over money.

All speculative, never met the player but watching him interact with other teammates, and you can see (to me any way) he appears be introverted in a group situation.

There's been the odd article that has described him in the past, I think Ive also posted about it in this thread but bottom line, he was a uni student until he had to drop out because he got the offer to go full-time with Brugge, he likes playing tennis because you can only blame yourself in that sport, VERY humble in the way he still lives with his parents, just like KDH and even is afraid to go to his bakery because people have started asking him for autographs there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

And that logic would be perfectly sound? I'm sure if PSG and man city were in for him we wouldn't stand a chance. The reason he's not going to those clubs is not his choice but because he's currently not good enough for them. 

Also the main benefit for coming to us that is regularly being thrown around is that we're supposedly a better pathway to the elite clubs such as PSG and Man City, which is debateable personally as we've had very few players make the move to that level successfully.

If you take away the possibility of making the move to an elite club then very clearly ac Milan are the better destination even if you take history out of the equation.

Just now, honeybradger said:

And that logic would be perfectly sound? I'm sure if PSG and man city were in for him we wouldn't stand a chance. The reason he's not going to those clubs is not his choice but because he's currently not good enough for them. 

Also the main benefit for coming to us that is regularly being thrown around is that we're supposedly a better pathway to the elite clubs such as PSG and Man City, which is debateable personally as we've had very few players make the move to that level successfully.

If you take away the possibility of making the move to an elite club then very clearly ac Milan are the better destination even if you take history out of the equation.

Ok, why?

56 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

Such as?

There are many ways but CDK’s best position is the one that Nacho plays and we know that Nacho does not play regularly so why would we spend that much on a rotation option when have holes in our starting 11.

30 million I get…he’s a good talent. Getting in a bidding war with Milan and paying over 40 million doesn’t make sense to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Ok, why?

1st place team in serie A vs 8th place team, champions league, better starting XI, better manager, potential to win more trophies off the back of a league win, better ability to attract other talents, smarter moves in the transfer market (recently).

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

What a load of rubbish.

Haaland chose Dortmund over Man United because he got guarantees to start week in week out. He also chose RB Salzburg before committing to big clubs for the same reason. There's a perfect example of this in German football, Jan-Fiete Arp was a really highly rated young talent coming out of Hamburgs academy and got the offer to become a senior player with them and develop further. He also got an offer by Bayern Munich which (to his demise) he went for. He ended up getting just a handful of substitute appearances with them and is currently rotting in their 2nd team in the 3rd division doing bugger all.

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You questioned if AC Milan, the current champions of Italy, could progress him as a player. I’d be shocked if anyone thinks the answer to that is no to be fair mate, that’s what it’s got to do with your question.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

There are many ways but CDK’s best position is the one that Nacho plays and we know that Nacho does not play regularly so why would we spend that much on a rotation option when have holes in our starting 11.

30 million I get…he’s a good talent. Getting in a bidding war with Milan and paying over 40 million doesn’t make sense to me.

Yeah I’ve been struggling a little as to how we fit him, Maddison and Vardy in the same team. Something like the below could work: 

Fofana      Evans    Left footed CB

Castagne       Ndidi     KDH         Left footed FB

De Ketelaere      Maddison

Vardy

Barnes and Lookman as the impact subs to stretch games if needed. Ricardo and Justin as wing back rotation and Justin also could play as the outside CBs in the formation 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

There's been the odd article that has described him in the past, I think Ive also posted about it in this thread but bottom line, he was a uni student until he had to drop out because he got the offer to go full-time with Brugge, he likes playing tennis because you can only blame yourself in that sport, VERY humble in the way he still lives with his parents, just like KDH and even is afraid to go to his bakery because people have started asking him for autographs there.

....if it is a choice of two, I would say we would for him be the easier option, (not necessarily) the better option!!!

4 minutes ago, Phenom said:

And part of the reason Nacho doesn't play more than he does is because when we actually go for 2 up top, he isn't doing enough to justify us going with that system full-time. Using Nacho as an argument against signing CDK is like saying "look we've got Ayoze Perez playing RW already and he never does anything, so why should we bother signing Messi".

Who said anything about "over 40m"? That's the price Brugge would like to get for him and its currently a bidding war from 30m up to that 40m figure. 

Wow. We are good at developing players better than AC Milan anyway. This is the best reason for a young player to come here, not some media fed bias many seemed to buy into  lol

I actually cannot believe peeople think otherwise and just follows the brand direction of the media   :frusty:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

What a load of rubbish.

Haaland chose Dortmund over Man United because he got guarantees to start week in week out. He also chose RB Salzburg before committing to big clubs for the same reason. There's a perfect example of this in German football, Jan-Fiete Arp was a really highly rated young talent coming out of Hamburgs academy and got the offer to become a senior player with them and develop further. He also got an offer by Bayern Munich which (to his demise) he went for. He ended up getting just a handful of substitute appearances with them and is currently rotting in their 2nd team in the 3rd division doing bugger all.

Now you're just making stuff up, haaland would've started at Manchester United but they refused to put a release clause in his contract, that's why he chose Dortmund.

The Jan fiete arp point doesn't disprove my point, actually it just backs it up by showing that if there is a choice between a bigger club and a smaller one the player will choose the big club, the reason he flopped wasnt the clubs fault, it was because he wasnt good enough and that's why PSG and Man City aren't in for him.