Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

You questioned if AC Milan, the current champions of Italy, could progress him as a player. I’d be shocked if anyone thinks the answer to that is no to be fair mate, that’s what it’s got to do with your question.

Look at Minamino's progression at Liverpool, they were league champions. He's not done anything other than kick us out of the carabao cup.

Cole Palmer or James McAttee, they're both going to end up leaving Man City because they can't progress further if they don't get minutes with the seniors.

Being a league champion is no guarantee of progression for young talents. It's no coincidence that it's Dortmund and not Bayern who keep shitting out young talents and sell them for ridiculous money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

Look at Minamino's progression at Liverpool, they were league champions. He's not done anything other than kick us out of the carabao cup.

Cole Palmer or James McAttee, they're both going to end up leaving Man City because they can't progress further if they don't get minutes with the seniors.

Being a league champion is no guarantee of progression for young talents. It's no coincidence that it's Dortmund and not Bayern who keep shitting out young talents and sell them for ridiculous money.

I agree with you mate, but people seem unable to see past big names at times.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Yeah I’ve been struggling a little as to how we fit him, Maddison and Vardy in the same team. Something like the below could work: 

Fofana      Evans    Left footed CB

Castagne       Ndidi     KDH         Left footed FB

De Ketelaere      Maddison

Vardy

Barnes and Lookman as the impact subs to stretch games if needed. Ricardo and Justin as wing back rotation and Justin also could play as the outside CBs in the formation 

@MadsEmil did a nice little write-up in this thread the other day how exactly CDK would fit us. In a 433 with CDK at RW and Madders in midfield we'd be able to create quite the overload leaving Barnes in acres of space on the left. He also pointed out that despite him having mainly played as a striker/ support striker, he basically does 90% of his work in wide areas.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

@MadsEmil did a nice little write-up in this thread the other day how exactly CDK would fit us. In a 433 with CDK at RW and Madders in midfield we'd be able to create quite the overload leaving Barnes in acres of space on the left. He also pointed out that despite him having mainly played as a striker/ support striker, he basically does 90% of his work in wide areas.

I hope that’s the plan and I hope that does not negatively impact Maddison’s development.

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wow. We are good at developing players better than AC Milan anyway. This is the best reason for a young player to come here, not some media fed bias many seemed to buy into  lol

I actually cannot believe peeople think otherwise and just follows the brand direction of the media   :frusty:

That's slightly ignorant of Milan's recent renaissance. 

They have done very well over the last two seasons bringing players in and pushing them on. They are one of the youngest Serie A winning squads ever. 

Tomori, Diaz, Tonali, Rafael Leao, Saelemaekers, Theo Hernandez, Kalulu are all examples of them signing players in their early 20s underutilised at big clubs or signed from a 'smaller club'. Six of those have been the cornerstones in their championship winning season. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

You have never met him.  But you have seen a photo.   And from that drawn the conclusions he is introverted and a boy next door type.  

That's not speculative it's farcical. 

....that suggestion was not taken from the photo, it was from the games I have watched him play and his interaction with his team mates on the pitch!!!

My take on him seems to have been vindicated by a reply from @LFox99.regarding an article he had read, regarding his life and personality.

36 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Yeah I’ve been struggling a little as to how we fit him, Maddison and Vardy in the same team. Something like the below could work: 

Fofana      Evans    Left footed CB

Castagne       Ndidi     KDH         Left footed FB

De Ketelaere      Maddison

Vardy

Barnes and Lookman as the impact subs to stretch games if needed. Ricardo and Justin as wing back rotation and Justin also could play as the outside CBs in the formation 

Hmmmmm

...and no ricardo! 

55 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That's slightly ignorant of Milan's recent renaissance. 

They have done very well over the last two seasons bringing players in and pushing them on. They are one of the youngest Serie A winning squads ever. 

Tomori, Diaz, Tonali, Rafael Leao, Saelemaekers, Theo Hernandez, Kalulu are all examples of them signing players in their early 20s underutilised at big clubs or signed from a 'smaller club'. Six of those have been the cornerstones in their championship winning season. 

Thats fair enough, they were lost for a while but they are clearly back to something resembling their best. I just rail against the premise its impossible he would choose a club like Leicester who (also) do have a good record with developing players.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thats fair enough, they were lost for a while but they are clearly back to something resembling their best. I just rail against the premise its impossible he would choose a club like Leicester who (also) do have a good record with developing players.

Of course it is possible we just have to show Bruges and De Ketelaere and his agent the colour of our money.

Edited by An Sionnach

3 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Fair, I just think AC have a huge pull and are probably big favourites he se why players like Minamino go to teams like Liverpool.

Edited by Costock_Fox

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Fair, I just think AC have a huge pull and are probably big favourites he se why players like Minamino go to teams like Liverpool.

In general that's a fair statement but you need to look at it more in-depth to see which club can best cater a player's needs. AC are looking increasingly like to bring Noa Lang in, on top of that they made their current RW/ CAM permanent after his initial loan. CDK would be a guaranteed starter week in week out with us, don't think AC can offer him the same and for someone who's still yet to fully develop and who has been warned by his NT coach to make sure to keep playing consistently before the WC, that's going to be a big factor.

3 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

CDK would be a guaranteed starter week in week out with us

Only if he's getting the right wing role.

There's every possibility he's succession planning for Maddisons departure and not the RW solution.

Just now, JimJams said:

Only if he's getting the right wing role.

There's every possibility he's succession planning for Maddisons departure and not the RW solution.

Why can't he be both. At the end of the day that's just smart recruitment. We sort out our RW issue for the time being and if someone should come in for Maddison we won't be pressed to sell because we're sorted in the position. 

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

He can. But if (bigger font needed) we actually go for a dedicated RW this window then he's not guaranteed anything.

Or Maddison’s perceived best role is given to CDK and he moves to an England friendly position in midfield, which has been recently vacated by a certain Mr. Tielemans…..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Or Maddison’s perceived best role is given to CDK and he moves to an England friendly position in midfield, which has been recently vacated by a certain Mr. Tielemans…..

I've often wondered this but not sure if it would nullify Maddison a bit. Not sure he'd be able to get the goals and assists numbers that he did last season if he was playing number 8 instead of 10. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Maddison, KDH and Ndidi ain’t too bad of a trio. 

• Like 1

Just now, jayfox26 said:

I've often wondered this but not sure if it would nullify Maddison a bit. Not sure he'd be able to get the goals and assists numbers that he did last season if he was playing number 8 instead of 10. 

Have you not watched us last season? Maddison played as RW and 8 for pretty much the entire time bar a game or two where he actually got to be the dedicated #10