Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

23 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Tbf I remember us laughing at all the Arsenal lot claiming they'd play him as an 8 but Madders did say in the past he doesnt need to play as a 10 and actually likes the slightly deeper role as an 8.

image.png.c5ac63bf72122ead50d6ca2c3134a979.png

Would be quite the side

This is it. With Madders pushing as a 10 in possession. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Tbf I remember us laughing at all the Arsenal lot claiming they'd play him as an 8 but Madders did say in the past he doesnt need to play as a 10 and actually likes the slightly deeper role as an 8.

Would be quite the side

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I said in another thread this is what we should look to do, it get Madders back playing through the middle and also means we don't need to spend big on a Youri replacement

If Brendan wants to he can still probably play the double pivot pair and possibly push Madders into a 10 and KDH played a lot deeper when at Luton as well - although I hope we don't do that and allow Wilf to do what he does best on his own

Interesting dilemma. If we sign CDK and if it convinces Youri to stay (ie. Signing a new contract with a release clause for a champions league club).

Who doesn’t start? KDH? Youri? CDK? Barnes with a diamond formation? 

Gives us plenty of options at least 

3 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Interesting dilemma. If we sign CDK and if it convinces Youri to stay (ie. Signing a new contract with a release clause for a champions league club).

If good Tielemans signs then KDH makes way assuming CDK hits the ground running. KDH then slots in for whoever tires first. 

But Youri isn't staying.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Would be quite the side

This looks really good. I hope it pans out like this, and all the talk of a ‘healthy re-build/re-shuffle’ is just a load of BS. I don’t want 6-7 changes. Keep it simple

16 minutes ago, JimJams said:

If good Tielemans signs then KDH makes way assuming CDK hits the ground running. KDH then slots in for whoever tires first. 

But Youri isn't staying.

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Even with how much I love him I would probably say KDH

Some of the best football and the best run of results we have seen with Rodgers was in 19/20 where we had a brilliant 1st half of the season and had a period of 15 games with 1 defeat and 13 wins in all competitions

Our only defeat was Liverpool because of a dodgy penalty and also included the 9-0 win

Our most used system during this was Wilf as a lone DM, with Youri and Madders as a pair of 8s

I guess it comes down to opposition partly as well. Imagine against a Top 6 side KDH would likely come in for Maddison or CDK to bolster the midfield a bit with his work rate.

30 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

I'm amazed this is even considered a discussion. KDH is honest, enjoyable and a fab attitude...but is absolutely light years away from top half of the PL. 

, at best, top championship/bottom 5 prem

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

This looks really good. I hope it pans out like this, and all the talk of a ‘healthy re-build/re-shuffle’ is just a load of BS. I don’t want 6-7 changes. Keep it simple

Totally agree. If we can sort out the RW position and get our best players on the pitch for a normal amount of time across the season then we are definitely in the mix for top 6/7, I think. 

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

We need to stop pi551ng about and get this lad signed if we’re genuinely interested in signing this lad before he’s stolen from under our noses whilst the recruitment team Keep Procrastinating over things !!

Or maybe he’s the one stalling whilst he’s on international duty?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

If he wants to progress as a player - where does he go? Is it AC Milan? No idea on their player progression record, or us, where its decent, but could be declining.

He would join several Belgians here, but there seems to be a few at AC Milan too.

Despite their current resurgence, AC Milan are not the same team as "back in the day" and he is too young to remember those days,

I would say its on a knife edge

They aren't but they're a lot nearer to that than they were. This signing is another example of them starting to become sensible. The right type of profile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Would be quite the side

I think Maddison is not a player to play that roll , he doesn’t have the work rate to play deep , we would get over run in the midfield with him playing that roll . 

3 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Have you not watched us last season? Maddison played as RW and 8 for pretty much the entire time bar a game or two where he actually got to be the dedicated #10

I watched us plenty thanks. And yes you're right that towards the end of the season he played rw/rm alot but that is nothing like playing as number 8. He only played deeper a few times last season as for the majority of games we had Tielemans and Ndidi/KDH. Playing rw, he still drifts inside and plays similar to when he plays 10 as Brendan clearly gave him freedom to roam around and find space. Playing deeper, he'd have more defensive responsibility which could potentially limit his output in goals and assists. 

Screenshot_20220616-002020_Samsung Internet.jpg

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I watched us plenty thanks. And yes you're right that towards the end of the season he played rw/rm alot but that is nothing like playing as number 8. He only played deeper a few times last season as for the majority of games we had Tielemans and Ndidi/KDH. Playing rw, he still drifts inside and plays similar to when he plays 10 as Brendan clearly gave him freedom to roam around and find space. Playing deeper, he'd have more defensive responsibility which could potentially limit his output in goals and assists. 

Screenshot_20220616-002020_Samsung Internet.jpg

When Ndidi is in the lineup, Maddison will still get into plenty of advanced positions when playing in midfield— we’ve watched that for several seasons.

One could argue that Maddison would be even more effective in a slightly deeper option if he has other offensive weapons on the pitch with him. I think need him to be on the ball more, not less, which we get when we play him in the middle. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Ndidi, KDH, and Madders is far to lightweight and would get steam rollered more often than not.

6-0 away to West Ham if we start with that trio 

Literally how? We've played large parts of a season with Ndidi and Tielemans as a double pivot and it worked beautifully. 

Ndidi + Madders AND KDH would be more than plenty to get on with. Arsenal are playing a midfield 3 of Partey, Odegaard and Smith Rowe at times and it works ffs

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Ndidi, KDH, and Madders is far to lightweight and would get steam rollered more often than not.

I genuinely don’t think N’Didi, KDH and Maddison is a weak midfield trio overall. 

N’Didi, physically is as good as anyone in the middle.

KDH gets around, hassles, strong in the challenge.

Maddison gives you some creativity, isn’t as lightweight as his persona suggests.

You can have 3 destroyers in the middle, but we won’t go for that under Rodgers. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Not a chance. KDH lightweight? The lads probably our most combative midfielder. Playing madders as a high 8/10 could be a stroke of genius. He dropped deep a lot anyway when played centrally, it was solve the issue of playing 4-3-3 and not knowing where to play him. A midfield 3 of KDH N’didi and Madders is actually mouthwatering. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

We were literally 2nd in the league at Christmas with him playing at 8, in good form, with Rodgers proudly praising his defensive contributions.

Will people please stop parroting this crap rhetoric. 

Some of our best form since BR took over was with Maddison at 8. 

Maddison's work rate and defensive work is easily equal to Youri's, if not better.

All this crap about a lightweight midfield go forward over the last 3 seasons we have been pretty good when Maddison, Tielemens and Ndidi have played together, hardly a bunch of bruisers 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1