Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

22 hours ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I don’t think BR wants our new right sided player to play on the wing. I assume he’s looking for someone who cuts inside with their left foot (thus overloading and overpowering the midfield/attack. 

If this is the case, Joel Piroe could be a sensible ( not necessary eye catching) purchase. 

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/joel-piroe-at-swansea-city-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

30E13A38-DA61-4FF1-AFA6-0A2CF8AE5D78.jpeg

it’s funny that you can see how often swansea had to kick off lol

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

If we really are going for this fella, I wonder who his alternative is in case we miss out.... An out and out striker? A winger? A secondary striker? A number 10? 

I think this is the problem. BR either doesn’t know what he wants, or his requirements of the player are ludicrous. 

Can you imagine the scouting/data analysis meeting? Right team, we need a right sided player who is left footed. He must be able to play on the wing and cut inside. He needs to be able to support our midfield and ghost into the opposition’s penalty box and become a 2nd/3rd striker. And don’t forget his work rate is essential. He has to track back, support our marauding rightback (thus becoming a makeshift defender). Oh yeah, we have of budget of between 15-30 mil!!!!’

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I think this is the problem. BR either doesn’t know what he wants, or his requirements of the player are ludicrous. 

Can you imagine the scouting/data analysis meeting? Right team, we need a right sided player who is left footed. He must be able to play on the wing and cut inside. He needs to be able to support our midfield and ghost into the opposition’s penalty box and become a 2nd/3rd striker. And don’t forget his work rate is essential. He has to track back, support our marauding rightback (thus becoming a makeshift defender). Oh yeah, we have of budget of between 15-30 mil!!!!’

Yep we are looking for a one man football team at a Lidl price.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

That basically describes Bowen and Raphinha who were both signed for less than 30m. We may be uniquely crap at signing wingers but other teams have proven repeatedly over the past few years that it's entirely possible to bring in quality without breaking the bank.

35 minutes ago, Guest said:

That basically describes Bowen and Raphinha who were both signed for less than 30m. We may be uniquely crap at signing wingers but other teams have proven repeatedly over the past few years that it's entirely possible to bring in quality without breaking the bank.

Then why haven’t we? I not saying it impossible, but BR’s requirements restrict the number of options. 

13 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Then why haven’t we? I not saying it impossible, but BR’s requirements restrict the number of options. 

I couldn't tell you but I would argue that being able to contribute in more than one area of the pitch and working hard defensively are requirements of top-level footballers generally rather than being things that Rodgers specifically insists we look for. Good teams typically don't/can't afford to carry players out of possession and the days of attacking being left to attackers and defending being the sole responsibility of defenders are, broadly, behind us.

9 minutes ago, Guest said:

I couldn't tell you but I would argue that being able to contribute in more than one area of the pitch and working hard defensively are requirements of top-level footballers generally rather than being things that Rodgers specifically insists we look for. Good teams typically don't/can't afford to carry players out of possession and the days of attacking being left to attackers and defending being the sole responsibility of defenders are, broadly, 

The role is definitely changing (consequence of the marauding left/right backs).  I still maintain its a tall ask. 

Interestingly, we won the Premiership with an right sided attacker who was not renowned for his work rate and a right back who rarely crossed the half way line. 

I hope we sign CDK and he’s going to improve the starting 11 as much as people say on here.

I still have a gut feeling of not replacing Youri with someone who is best at playing those quarter back passes to quickly break the lines is a mistake.

Madders is best in between the those said lines with his ability to take the ball (particularly centrally) turn on a sixpence and cause damage further up the pitch.

His weight of pass for those Youri balls are not at the same level for starters.

2 hours ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

The role is definitely changing (consequence of the marauding left/right backs).  I still maintain its a tall ask. 

Interestingly, we won the Premiership with an right sided attacker who was not renowned for his work rate and a right back who rarely crossed the half way line. 

...it can still work!!!

Not sure one reliable this one is but seems to expand a little on the situation. 

Charles De Ketelaere's next destination seems to be increasingly AC Milan. In the meantime, the Red Devil has brushed off that other concrete club. Leicester City was also concrete for Charles De Ketelaere. The Foxes were already sitting around the table with Club Brugge and had already cast some lines to the player himself. According to Italian media, however, De Ketemaere has indicated that his preference is with I Rossoneri. Club Brugge and Milan are negotiating a transfer of about thirty to forty million euros.

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nieuws/2022-06-16/charles-de-ketelaere-wimpelt-leicester-city-af-en-wil-club-brugge-enkel-verlaten-voor-ac-milan

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Not sure one reliable this one is but seems to expand a little on the situation. 

Charles De Ketelaere's next destination seems to be increasingly AC Milan. In the meantime, the Red Devil has brushed off that other concrete club. Leicester City was also concrete for Charles De Ketelaere. The Foxes were already sitting around the table with Club Brugge and had already cast some lines to the player himself. According to Italian media, however, De Ketemaere has indicated that his preference is with I Rossoneri. Club Brugge and Milan are negotiating a transfer of about thirty to forty million euros.

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nieuws/2022-06-16/charles-de-ketelaere-wimpelt-leicester-city-af-en-wil-club-brugge-enkel-verlaten-voor-ac-milan

With continental players we have to pay a Brexit premium. Outbidding teams for desirable players is becoming increasingly difficult for a club like ours.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, DezFox said:

They're quoting "Italian Media". Its like writing an article about Mbappe joining us after asking the Leicester Mercury or Seanfromenderby about it and then saying "according to English media".

There's not been a single reliable report from ANY journalist, that he's made up his mind. It's all these Italian tabloids who obviously push the narrative of "CDK chooses Milan over interest from the Premier League" but as per the latest update we got from a reliable source regarding CDK (just before the internationals started), we're still in the lead for his signature.

Edited by MadsEmil

7 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Its a tax thing , it was bound to happen. There was never going to be continuation of the old system.

What sort of tax thing? Most of my friends who import produce for their business get buried under paperwork for the simplest and smallest of orders which costs them time & money on advice and makes the transaction hardly profitable. I can’t see how this translates across to football when you have the legal infrastructure in place and are dealing with single, very expensive commodities. Can you shed any light on this?

• Like 1

Mm7TM7lc_x96.png

Yes it is ! CDK is interested as he'd like to play European games next year, in the same time, he doesn't want to take too many risks before the World Cup. He needs to play. From what i know, no agreement yet between Milan and the players. Talks are going to start soon :)

Mm7TM7lc_x96.png

#LCFC are still in the race too. CDK is also interested, but let's be fair, Milan is a game changer in this case. Honestly, impossible to say where he will play for the moment. We have to wait a little bit more :)

21 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

What sort of tax thing? Most of my friends who import produce for their business get buried under paperwork for the simplest and smallest of orders which costs them time & money on advice and makes the transaction hardly profitable. I can’t see how this translates across to football when you have the legal infrastructure in place and are dealing with single, very expensive commodities. Can you shed any light on this?

In the past, any European passport holder could come here and play. Now they must meet certain criteria re international football etc etc 

hence those players who meet the criteria are a little more valued - I’m not sure it makes that much difference as the criteria isn’t such a high bar. (Currently)