Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

53 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Nacho (& Perez possibly) is the answer to both questions, yours & @Ric Flair’s.

Probably.

We probably wanted to take our time with CDK and get rid of the odd player before we finalized anything. But if Premier League clubs other than us keep getting linked (especially ones who are about to get a massive influx of cash through sales) it might just force our hand to act fast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LFox99 said:

At this rate I'm convinced Fabrizio has lost his Leicester sources. No way do we ask about a pre-deal back in January and then go to inquire again later on multiple times just to drop our interest out of nowhere. 

Also, surely nobody in their right mind chooses Leeds over us or AC Milan

clearly been slipped a few folded green ones by either his agent or Club Bruge to get things going..

8 hours ago, LFox99 said:

At this rate I'm convinced Fabrizio has lost his Leicester sources. No way do we ask about a pre-deal back in January and then go to inquire again later on multiple times just to drop our interest out of nowhere. 

Also, surely nobody in their right mind chooses Leeds over us or AC Milan

He’s going to look like a right tit when Youri signs his new deal and this guy signs for us…….

I used to like him, but now I just think he’s a sad Virgin living in his mums loft talking to himself all day. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LFox99 said:

What project? Project "lets not get involved in a relegation scrap again" ? They play a dire brand of football at the minute and I really don't see how Leeds can offer CDK anything better sporting-wise or financially. 

Even if we magically didn't sell a single player this window, we should be able to fork out 30m for De Ketelaere.

We all start with zero points.

What do you base your suggestion that Leeds are less financially sound than us?

Why are we in a better position than Leeds to 'fork out' 30M?

Reality check needed.................

Look at the KP business and the effect Covid has had.

New training ground.

Massive stadium development

Fringe players on £5,2M PA basic One is as FACT (that's £200ish per supporter per player)

Rodgers on £10m (that's £400ish per supporter)

A series of duff bewildering signings

No head of recruitment in place yet

New territory for Rodgers as never been in a job more than 3 years and never really successful rebuilt a side

I'm hopeful but not deluded

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts
  • Haha 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 hours ago, MPH said:

clearly been slipped a few folded green ones by either his agent or Club Bruge to get things going..

His agent or Club Brugge are trying to get a better deal out of someone here....its blindingly obvious.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

His agent or Club Brugge are trying to get a better deal out of someone here....its blindingly obvious.

Of course they are. I hope its understood that this lad will not be cheap. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

He’s going to look like a right tit when Youri signs his new deal and this guy signs for us…….

I used to like him, but now I just think he’s a sad Virgin living in his mums loft talking to himself all day. 

Come on now, I'm sure you're joking but Fabrizio has given us plenty of information in the past, including on Fofana.

He seems to get a lot of his info from the agent side, so as others have said, he probably just doesn't have the Leicester contacts he might have done in the past. The Youri stuff will likely be via Arsenal contacts (biased) or agent-based, since he knew about Youri for us in the past too I think. If he doesn't mention us in that tweet about CDK it doesn't mean we aren't interested - just that he's not certain of anything on our side, whereas he is for Leeds.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Of course they are. I hope its understood that this lad will not be cheap. 

No but we shouldn't overpay either. Big jump from the Belgian league to the prem.

20 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

We all start with zero points.

What do you base your suggestion that Leeds are less financially sound than us?

Why are we in a better position than Leeds to 'fork out' 30M?

Reality check needed.................

Look at the KP business and the effect Covid has had.

New training ground.

Massive stadium development

Fringe players on £5,2M PA basic One is as FACT (that's £200ish per supporter per player)

Rodgers on £10m (that's £400ish per supporter)

A series of duff bewildering signings

No head of recruitment in place yet

New territory for Rodgers as never been in a job more than 3 years and never really successful rebuilt a side

I'm hopeful but not deluded

In fairness, Leeds' coach nearly managed to somehow get RB Leipzig involved in a relegation scrap in the first third of the season, they ended up finishing 4th under their new coach and won the cup.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Come on now, I'm sure you're joking but Fabrizio has given us plenty of information in the past, including on Fofana.

He seems to get a lot of his info from the agent side, so as others have said, he probably just doesn't have the Leicester contacts he might have done in the past. The Youri stuff will likely be via Arsenal contacts (biased) or agent-based, since he knew about Youri for us in the past too I think. If he doesn't mention us in that tweet about CDK it doesn't mean we aren't interested - just that he's not certain of anything on our side, whereas he is for Leeds.

This summer he seems to repeat a lot of information to increase traffic to his tweets, podcasts etc. Youri stuff is all from his agent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They probably haven't forgotten that we got good money for Sowah from them who even having performed superbly in their own league then hasn't been fancied there. They'll want big money for CDK. 

On the flip side they've got much much less for Noah Lang who's been as good if not better than CDK so it's a very volatile market.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They probably haven't forgotten that we got good money for Sowah from them who even having performed superbly in their own league then hasn't been fancied there. They'll want big money for CDK. 

On the flip side they've got much much less for Noah Lang who's been as good if not better than CDK so it's a very volatile market.

Lang hasn't actually been sold yet, has he?

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has he not? I thought I saw a fee agreed a few weeks ago for about £22m?

I think it's the same issues as with Botman and Sanches - things agreed, but nothing has gone through. Very odd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

.. Noah Lang is an exciting left sided player and suits that team well!!!

He doesn't pick the ball up from his half, a lot of his work is done in the opponents half. They link brilliantly and everyone shares the load.

It is a very balanced team and no one stands out as a really must have.

If you were to compare them it would be to Forest under Clough, perhaps only one player having left them went on to have stellar playing careers. As for Club Brugge as a unit, they balance each other..

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We've been down this road before. I doubt hrs coming. When did it ever work out when we spend all summer chasing a player?

They either turn out to be crap or go elsewhere and be crap.

We chased Fofana for around a month, don't think he's turned out crap. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20220623_95106631

Andy Carroll out of all players is undergoing medicals at Club Brugge. CDK is defnitely moving this summer then. This would be the 2nd or 3rd attacking player they're bringing in.

....wow, that is a big surprise!!!

Andy Carroll at his best playing in a central position upfront is how I envisage CDK to play!!!

Similar build, similar ball skills, but they are surely not looking to play him wide, I wouldn't think he would still have the legs.

Really hope we can bring this lad in hoping the likes of Youri and Tim can put a few good words in get him to Seagrave to sample the top notch facilities, we really need to pull out all the stops if this lad is as good as to be believed !

• Like 1