Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I wasn't talking about that, though. You can have an opinion on a player and not want them signed. For example, I think Zaha is a good player, but at his age and with his wages, would I want him at Leicester? No, I wouldn't. That's probably a bit like what it's for for Perez. 

Zaha you say.  Gerrimin!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I remember an interview a  few weeks ago someone at the club did  in which they explained that we were waiting for a couple of massive deals to go through between other clubs and that would have a domino effect on what we want to do in the market.

patience, everyone!

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Our fans really under rate Perez. I think most outside of LCFC see him as a solid PL player (which is, pretty much what he is) 

This perez is a good player and has shown it when he plays through the middle rather than out wide. Yes we probably overpaid for him but reading on here you would think he wasn't even championship standard when in reality he is good cover/ rotation option for maddison and he showed that this season in 24 appearances 9 starts 3 goals 5 assists is not that bad 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

This perez is a good player and has shown it when he plays through the middle rather than out wide

Was literally part of a side that was second at Christmas playing wide right. 

"Perez is only good down the middle" is as stupid a myth as "Madders is only good at 10" and I really wish people would stop repeating it. 

It's nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah, Maddison has just had his best season for us basically playing right wing for half of it. 

Both do them play in a similar way on the right, tucking in to a more narrow position and giving space for a full back to overlap. Neither are conventional wingers, they lack the pace, but they're both capable of playing there if the support is good. 

It was awful when we used to stick Madders out on the left because there was no full back or centre midfielder getting up there to support him but on the right we have more balance. 

That said, I still don't particularly like it but anyone claiming it simply doesn't work is being obtuse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Was literally part of a side that was second at Christmas playing wide right. 

"Perez is only good down the middle" is as stupid a myth as "Madders is only good at 10" and I really wish people would stop repeating it. 

It's nonsense. 

I didn't say he is only good through the middle but he is better there.

I wish people would actually read what I wrote rather than picking at it. 

It's nonsense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Both do them play in a similar way on the right, tucking in to a more narrow position and giving space for a full back to overlap. Neither are conventional wingers, they lack the pace, but they're both capable of playing there if the support is good. 

It was awful when we used to stick Madders out on the left because there was no full back or centre midfielder getting up there to support him but on the right we have more balance. 

That said, I still don't particularly like it but anyone claiming it simply doesn't work is being obtuse. 

Perez looks terrible on the wing and his stats over three seasons are pretty woeful so I would argue he's poor through the middle and out wide.  All a matter of degrees of course.  But what is it 14 goals and a handful of assists in 74 odd appearances - that is not a player working in a team for me.

It's all a matter of opinion and having watched every game he's played in its a no for me and absolutely a no out wide and to say that's a nonsense opinion is arrogant in the extreme. 

46 minutes ago, MPH said:

I remember an interview a  few weeks ago someone at the club did  in which they explained that we were waiting for a couple of massive deals to go through between other clubs and that would have a domino effect on what we want to do in the market.

patience, everyone!

As long as one of the clubs involved isn't Southampton and they are buying someone for 50 million and need to off load their s**t players for more money than they are worth.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

As long as one of the clubs involved isn't Southampton and they are buying someone for 50 million and need to off load their s**t players for more money than they are worth.

come off it, we’d never fall for it . We’d never buy crap players from Southampton…

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, MPH said:

patience, everyone!

...strange for a club so secretive in its dealings, to make such a statement!!!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, MPH said:

patience, everyone!

Where is this interview?

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Sigh. 

I mean he clearly didn't look terrible on the wing when we first started playing there, did he? He immediately came in to the side and was part of our best run of form since winning the league. 

His positional and link up play was a large part in enabling Ricardo Pereira to show some of the best form we've seen from an individual in the last few years. The passing triangle between the two of them and Youri Tielemans was a key component to our form and some of the most attractive football we've consistently played as a club in my lifetime. 

Shinji Okazaki was a statistical abomination. Didn't really contribute a lot in many key offensive indicators and was widely ridiculed at times for a lack of touch and balance. But he was also an absolutely vital cog in a machine that pulled off one of the biggest sporting upsets in history. His movement, his energy and his work rate were vital in creating space for Vardy, he was a key part in linking up play from the midfield to the forwards and his pressing in the final their was as essential as Kante's was at the back. 

I'm a massive advocate of statistics in football, I bang on about this constantly, but they aren't always definitive and sometimes you have to step away from the obvious and look at a player as more than an individual in isolation and look at how they're working in the team. 

Perez was absolutely fine for us in Rodgers first full season. He offered good balance. 

Do I hope we replace him with a better, more exciting, more dangerous attacking threat? Christ yes. But he's nowhere near as poor as you and others rejoice in making out. I'd have him on the pitch over Foxestalk favourite Marc Kevin "Sharky" Albrighton any day of the week, low bar as that may be. 

Fair enough.  I don't like Albrighton either tbf 🤭

We will agree to differ.   

Or perhaps I have misremembered his first full season.   What I do remember is screaming his name and expletives more than anyone else's over the last two years.

I don't rejoice in any player being shite, particularly when they play for the team I support.   They are human beings first and foremost and I really don't like the bile that some spew at them.  I believe I actually said I hope he moves and does well for another club.  

However, players are extremely privileged and earn a fortune, rightly so, but that means criticism is perfectly valid.  In my opinion and including the price we paid for Perez he's been a poor, poor signing.  I didn't really understand why we bought him for that money in the first place, but that's a different story. 

Anyway have we signed Charles yet? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

Absolutely. Still over 2 months left in the transfer window too. Why does everyone go into panic mode when we don't sign 9 players in the opening 10 minutes of every window?

One they would be with us for pre season training.

Two They cant be 14 seconds late.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Where is this interview?

I remember it slightly differently but it was Top saying it. Several sources quoting about the  same.

”The global market will be interesting this summer, given some of the big deals we know are taking place,” Srivaddhanaprabha says. “Those deals have an impact on every other club potentially looking to trade in the window, so it will be interesting to see.”

https://theathletic.com/3362316/2022/06/15/leicester-transfers-tielemans-vestergaard-choudhury-soumare/?amp=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't recall Perez actually having a good game down the middle, all his performances that have impressed me have been wide right or in a front 2.

0-9 Southampton 

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Sigh. 

I mean he clearly didn't look terrible on the wing when we first started playing there, did he? He immediately came in to the side and was part of our best run of form since winning the league. 

His positional and link up play was a large part in enabling Ricardo Pereira to show some of the best form we've seen from an individual in the last few years. The passing triangle between the two of them and Youri Tielemans was a key component to our form and some of the most attractive football we've consistently played as a club in my lifetime. 

Shinji Okazaki was a statistical abomination. Didn't really contribute a lot in many key offensive indicators and was widely ridiculed at times for a lack of touch and balance. But he was also an absolutely vital cog in a machine that pulled off one of the biggest sporting upsets in history. His movement, his energy and his work rate were vital in creating space for Vardy, he was a key part in linking up play from the midfield to the forwards and his pressing in the final their was as essential as Kante's was at the back. 

I'm a massive advocate of statistics in football, I bang on about this constantly, but they aren't always definitive and sometimes you have to step away from the obvious and look at a player as more than an individual in isolation and look at how they're working in the team. 

Perez was absolutely fine for us in Rodgers first full season. He offered good balance. 

Do I hope we replace him with a better, more exciting, more dangerous attacking threat? Christ yes. But he's nowhere near as poor as you and others rejoice in making out. I'd have him on the pitch over Foxestalk favourite Marc Kevin "Sharky" Albrighton any day of the week, low bar as that may be. 

I was going to say the same thing but you put it in a much more elegant way than I ever could. You are absolutely right @Finnegan