Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Still no formal offer from us then.....

Like others have said, he doesn’t really fit for us, especially with the money being mentioned. Unless we’re selling a Maddison, Perez or Iheanacho, then this is a non starter. 

It it’s Perez, then we’re losing money and that isn’t our model. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Leeds told he isn't interested in joining then

I love the fact that Leeds' interest was greeted on here a few days ago not by not concern, but by laughter. 

The subtext of course is positive; by him not having told us or Milan to get back in our boxes as he has Leeds, 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

An easy summary on Perez, he’s been an easy target for fans on FoxesTalk due to the alleged £30m fee - he’s adequate to good but is sadly paid too much money for his ability.

Unfortunate, we have a few others who fall into that category, and are going to be very difficult to shift

11 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Unfortunate, we have a few others who fall into that category, and are going to be very difficult to shift

I have to say the money a player is on hasn't ever really been foremost in my mind when judging players, the fee perhaps initially.  However, I just think he's been crap regardless of fee and that's why we aren't going to shift him for anything more than loose change.  

Perhaps he's an easy target because he's just not very good... 

1 hour ago, woznotwos said:

No Tieleman's money no CDK. You heard it here 375th.

It's nothing to do with that, Tielemans goes we have to replace him. The likes of CDK have to be funded by selling a load of dross (unlikely) or someone like Iheanacho.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's nothing to do with that, Tielemans goes we have to replace him. The likes of CDK have to be funded by selling a load of dross (unlikely) or someone like Iheanacho.

I agree we probably need to sell Kels and / Cags to raise funds but I haven’t seen any real links /firm interest and increasingly get the sense incoming transfers will tinker around the edges rather than inject the quality needed.

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Badly need another CM regardless of Tielemans situation. Our options there are horrid given Praet looks a no go, Soumare a write off and Mendy incredibly meh. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Badly need another CM regardless of Tielemans situation. Our options there are horrid given Praet looks a no go, Soumare a write off and Mendy incredibly meh. 

Agreed but again that's only happening with departures of Praet and at least 1 more of Hamza, Soumare or Mendy.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed but again that's only happening with departures of Praet and at least 1 more of Hamza, Soumare or Mendy.

Yeah worrying to say the least. I did say when the accounts alongside the rumours about high ticket prices  came out that fans shouldn’t be accepting increase  because the club have dramatically got wrong when it comes to overpaying squad players.

Hence here we are now and it’s hurting the club directly. The last twelve months got major post 2016 vibes. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not so much we don't have any money but we simply have a massive squad with up to 10 players we no longer want. When you push it to the max in terms of wages as we do in an attempt to disrupt the top 6 then it makes it very difficult to do exactly what we want each summer on incomings.

Let's say we go and buy a new CB, a new CM, a new RW/ACM, back up LW and a versatile forward then we've got about 35 senior players on our books, our wage structure would be gargantuan and likely fail FFP and that's at a time when we badly need to get Maddison and Ndidi on new deals to prevent being in this situation we are with Tielemans and Soyuncu next summer. Don't forget we've also likely doubled KDH and Fofana's wages in recent weeks. 

For us to have a positive net spend each season something has to give, we wither need to cut our squad down to about 18-20 proper 1st team players and then have 5 young players either from our academy or the likes of Ebiowi who can be signed for a mediocre/nominal fee and help push the first team. That then gives financial flexibility to look to buy low and sell high and keep the conveyor belt of squad improvement fresh but equally as important realistic. 

We are paying the price for being successful and for keeping together a young squad and wanting them to grow and prosper, with that you have to keep increasing their wages and if you don't then they want to leave but that doesn't mean you can just cash in on them and improve the squad like I've described above, instead it's that they likely go for a knock down fee with a year to go after being disillusioned here and then you're in a nightmare scenario.

It was all happy days for us whilst we rode the crest wave of these early PL years where we had the capacity to grow our wage structure exponentially and also were pulling in massive financial gains for winning the PL, playing knockout CL football and then being very fortunate to sell players like Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell for obscene money. Part of me thinks with the storm that's coming next summer, I'd try and cash in on a Ndidi or Iheanacho this summer, rather than be left with yet more players in their final year of their contract next summer and use the money to try and rid ourselves of a huge chunk of fringe players we don't want to free us up for next summers real rebuild. I'd use a decent chunk of whatever finances we have left over to get young talented but unproven players who cost a few million to spend a year trying to push our 1st team and integrate in to the club and there be less massive upheaval next summer when we have to replace hugely important players.

Great post, we’re stuck financially at the moment 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm fairly comfortable with our first choice to be fair. If we had better luck with injuries this year, without European football, we should be able to have an actual consistent eleven for a tidy stretch this year. 

Kasper

Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, JJ

Madders, Ndidi, KDH 

Perez, Vardy, Barnes 

I mean we could do much worse. Obviously we'd have perilously little depth and I hope we do bring bodies in but I don't think we're in any kind of disastrous situation. 

Yeah it’s a great team on paper just need some luck with injuries. That would still be my starting eleven even with the signings we’re linked with so just shows perhaps we can afford to be a little patient 

• Like 1

Charles De Ketelaere now has three suitors:

Leicester: player prioritized, but no offers made.
Leeds is tracking him and studying the possibility of offering the 40M € requested by Bruges.
AC Milan are considering an offer of 30M € + bonus.

Edited by Beechey
  • Thanks 1