Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Yes, Tyler Adams. Estimated at around 20 million if it happens, but who knows.

I think the guy that mentioned Adams not being the same class as CDK might have thought you meany Che Adams...

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

You have access to the clubs accounts? Nice! 

The public have access to the club’s finances, we post them every year. In short, we are mortgaged up to the eyeballs, we keep taking loans out with Macquarie to help with cash flow, we have one of the biggest wage to turnover %’s in the league and we have around 8 players that are on well over £50k a week that Brendan doesn’t want and we can’t shift. 

Hence my frustration on this forum at players like Tielemans - who incidentally we want to shift but unless something drastic changes, is gonna sit on the last year of his contract and leave for free. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

The public have access to the club’s finances, we post them every year. In short, we are mortgaged up to the eyeballs, we keep taking loans out with Macquarie to help with cash flow, we have one of the biggest wage to turnover %’s in the league and we have around 8 players that are on well over £50k a week that Brendan doesn’t want and we can’t shift. 

Hence my frustration on this forum at players like Tielemans - who incidentally we want to shift but unless something drastic changes, is gonna sit on the last year of his contract and leave for free. 

The majority of debt is with the owners we have a small loan with macquarie.

54 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I think the guy that mentioned Adams not being the same class as CDK might have thought you meany Che Adams...

That would explain the tone, but I still kind of doubt it!

Adams is obviously more of a Phillips replacement than Raphinha, which CDK would be.  But the point is there’s a finite number in their transfer budget and a lot of options on their radar.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The majority of debt is with the owners we have a small loan with macquarie.

Yeah and what’s happened to the owners wealth over the past 2 and half years? Considering tourism is there bread and butter and that industry has been decimated, I haven’t a clue about the family’s personal wealth but I would bet now isn’t really the opportune time to be pumping extra money into the club?

We aren’t gonna be splashing the cash like people think and that’s partly because we’ve ended up with a squad that’s fat with players that have minimal re-sale value combined with big wages and we’ve ended up in a bad position contractually with players with re-sale value. If Leeds go to £40 million, he’s either going there or staying at Brugge, Milan are after Ziyech now which is why their interest in CDK has cooled. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Yeah and what’s happened to the owners wealth over the past 2 and half years? Considering tourism is there bread and butter and that industry has been decimated, I haven’t a clue about the family’s personal wealth but I would bet now isn’t really the opportune time to be pumping extra money into the club?

We aren’t gonna be splashing the cash like people think and that’s partly because we’ve ended up with a squad that’s fat with players that have minimal re-sale value combined with big wages and we’ve ended up in a bad position contractually with players with re-sale value. If Leeds go to £40 million, he’s either going there or staying at Brugge, Milan are after Ziyech now which is why their interest in CDK has cooled. 

Theyre billionaires and they don't just make their money out of travel. If they were in trouble I doubt theyd still be pumping money into horses. Ffp is our major issue and is the reason why we won't sign anyone till July. We won't splash cash because we never do but thats ffp and nothing to do with a lack of funds.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

We have never really splash the cash, nothing has really changed.

We have normally spend 20m-30m net, other the a couple of seasons.

It will be the same this year plus and sales.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

And whilst their debt has been 'decimated' they've given the club 170m in loans. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I do think people are perhaps over simplifying this a little. 

I imagine we could afford to spend 20-30m on new players this summer, that's been pretty consistent for the last few years, even when covid was really attacking both ours and our owners incomes.

It seems a bit drastic to suggest that our financial situation has gotten so bad that we now can't buy any players, right after a season where we pulled in reasonable extra income from European competition and got crowds back in the stadium. 

What is however likely is that we have several lists of players we'd like to buy in different scenarios. Targets for if we can't sell anyone permanently, targets for if we sell Tielemans, targets for if we sell Soyuncu, targets for if we manage to have a large clear out of fringe players, targets for if we only manage to find loans for Praet, Hamza, etc. And so on. 

I doubt we NEED to sell to be able to spend a little but knowing how much extra we're going to bring in probably will influence who we target to buy so, yeah, we probably are going to have to be a little patient on that. 

Given how little movement there is globally on transfers at the moment, I don't think there's a huge risk that we're missing any targets. 

How dare you be so rational. Good post.

2 hours ago, Winsum said:

Rogers first mentioned a rebuild after the debacle against Forest In my opinion it was an attempt to deflect from that

performance The only issue with a rebuild the club needs to offload players and have the necessary finance So far the

former has not happened and the second seems dependent on the first It is beginning to look like an error on Rodgers part 

in coming out with the rebuild statement The next few weeks will answer that

Think people have a short memory, there were so many issues prior to that and I think that Forest game was just the straw that broke the camels back. 
He’d hinted at needing personnel changes far before then, Rodgers had constantly said we don’t have players that want to be aggressive enough or are willing to do the basics properly - and he’s right. 

you’re spot on re finances though, if Youri stays the rebuild will be less likely.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

There's hardly clubs queuing up to buy the players we're trying to get shot of though!..

We're lumbered good and proper with the likes of Perez, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Iheanacho, Mendy etc!!... who's going to buy any of those for half decent money??

People will buy at what they perceive to be a decent price. 

Iheanacho is a guaranteed 15 goals a season playing week in / week out. That’s worth £25 million to a Forest, Fulham etc

Mendy is done more than enough to prove his worth at this level. He’s played 2nd fiddle to N’Didi who’s one of the best ball winning midfielders in the world. 

Vestergaard in a deep lying defence, is a solid investment at £10m. 

Bertrand is difficult, due to the wages. 

Perez has never clicked here fully, however he’s shown what he’s capable of in flashes. 

If anything, we’ll struggle to replace backup players likes of Mendy etc for the money they’re on. 

For me, we could do with moving on the likes of Amartey, Ward, Albrighton and Soumare, who don’t have that next step in them for the wages they command. 

3 hours ago, Winsum said:

Rogers first mentioned a rebuild after the debacle against Forest In my opinion it was an attempt to deflect from that

performance The only issue with a rebuild the club needs to offload players and have the necessary finance So far the

former has not happened and the second seems dependent on the first It is beginning to look like an error on Rodgers part 

in coming out with the rebuild statement The next few weeks will answer that

He will say anything to deflect from comment on his own limitations. 

The board have made him look a fool.  Now cdk is off to leads who are flush. 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, weller54 said:

There's hardly clubs queuing up to buy the players we're trying to get shot of though!..

We're lumbered good and proper with the likes of Perez, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Iheanacho, Mendy etc!!... who's going to buy any of those for half decent money??

But more likely we will sell Soyuncu for 20m odd and maybe Tieleman for 25m-30, which give us 60m-70m 

To bring in a CB, CM and a RW, if Tieleman decide to stay, it will be a CB and a RW.

The other will more then likely stay and be party of the squad, with Perez, Mendy and Bertrand all out of contract next summer they will go then.

If we do sell if will be more about getting there wages of the wage bill, and bring in a couple million here or there.

BR said we need a rebuild but no one has said it will be in one summer window. 

Without Europe the squad will be less stretched, we also have a lot of kids who can be blooded and used, Nelson, Brunt, Braybooke, Alves etc.