Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

But more likely we will sell Soyuncu for 20m odd and maybe Tieleman for 25m-30, which give us 60m-70m 

To bring in a CB, CM and a RW, if Tieleman decide to stay, it will be a CB and a RW.

The other will more then likely stay and be party of the squad, with Perez, Mendy and Bertrand all out of contract next summer they will go then.

If we do sell if will be more about getting there wages of the wage bill, and bring in a couple million here or there.

BR said we need a rebuild but no one has said it will be in one summer window. 

Without Europe the squad will be less stretched, we also have a lot of kids who can be blooded and used, Nelson, Brunt, Braybooke, Alves etc. 

I dont think cags form is good enough to temp anyone to better his wages 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

People will think they can bring him back to form after getting on the cheap. 

His not on massive wages here.

Why dont we bring him back.

We know theres a good player there.   Rodgers abandons players like an old lothario

• Like 1

Still think wages are the bigger issue than transfer fees, you can kick the can down the road with transfer fees from an accounts point of view.

Buy De Ketelaere for 40m on a 5 year contract, due to amortisation, the fee in account terms and for FFP is spread over the length of his contract at 8m a year. 

But wages remain an issue. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Bring him back?.. where's he been then?😂

It was not my phrase... mr @coolhandfox  talked of bringing him back into form.

But now you mention it... I think his mind has been elsewhere for 12 months 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Still think wages are the bigger issue than transfer fees, you can kick the can down the road with transfer fees from an accounts point of view.

Buy De Ketelaere for 40m on a 5 year contract, due to amortisation, the fee in account terms and for FFP is spread over the length of his contract at 8m a year. 

But wages remain an issue. 

Esp with the cost of filling up a 4x4.  I broke my record last week ... £130... that's two lcfc shirts

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Why dont we bring him back.

We know theres a good player there.   Rodgers abandons players like an old lothario

Because he don't want to be here, his has shown no sign of wanting to sign a new contract.

He head has been filled with the notion of going to the likes and Barc and Real Madrid. 

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Because he don't want to be here, his has shown no sign of wanting to sign a new contract.

He head has been filled with the notion of going to the likes and Barc and Real Madrid. 

Maybe, but the greater probability is money and my feeling is he wants at least the same as Vardy and Schmeichel. So £8 million a year and he will sign.

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Finally a transfer target goes hot. I look to see any new developments and it’s fvck all. 

Yep. This is FT during the window. More hot air than the Sahara.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but toward the season finale Rodgers was going on about a summer intake of new players. Yet some are suggesting we can't afford 26 mil for CDK!

Expectations need to lowered I think.

Totally disagree with this. It wasn't just BR who has said this, it's the owners themselves.

Think about it logically, we have a lot of players to clear out in vital areas of the pitch that will require, as they've said, half a dozen quality players to purchase as a necessity.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Maybe, but the greater probability is money and my feeling is he wants at least the same as Vardy and Schmeichel. So £8 million a year and he will sign.

"Your feeling is" 🤔

I'm not sure I understand your rationale behind the salary you've quoted.

The pay awarded to Vardy and Schmeichel has benchmarked our salary range. Players agents are spectacularly unsentimental and they will seek the highest salary possible.. CDK is in demand and he will use that to drive the best deal.

On 25/06/2022 at 11:32, Finnegan said:

I'm fairly comfortable with our first choice to be fair. If we had better luck with injuries this year, without European football, we should be able to have an actual consistent eleven for a tidy stretch this year. 

Kasper

Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, JJ

Madders, Ndidi, KDH 

Perez, Vardy, Barnes 

I mean we could do much worse. Obviously we'd have perilously little depth and I hope we do bring bodies in but I don't think we're in any kind of disastrous situation. 

Yeah the stating eleven is fine. However 

1) I’m not particularly convinced that midfield functions against a low block side where Maddison starts to become overly deep and KDH struggles for invention. 

2) the schedule post Christmas is manic and squad depth is going to be tested again 

3) I think one of the issues with Tielemans form last season as he could play safe in the knowledge, there’s no one good enough to replace him. Hence if the club are dismissing Praet and Soumare as no requirement, we need another CM. I think the brilliant situation we have at full back is what we should thrive through. It’s not as if we’ve over paid in that position either with Thomas and Justin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

The pay awarded to Vardy and Schmeichel has benchmarked our salary range. Players agents are spectacularly unsentimental and they will seek the highest salary possible.. CDK is in demand and he will use that to drive the best deal.

Vardy and Kaspers Wage is largely irrelevant in negotiations.  They have a lot more pedigree than CDK, hes got nowhere near enough clout to reference them in his negotiations. His salary demands will be meted out based on his current salary and that available elsewhere by other interested parties.  So if he's on 25k (for example) and Leeds weigh in offering him 50k, the fact our top earners are on over 100k a piece is a moot point.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Vardy and Kaspers Wage is largely irrelevant in negotiations.  They have a lot more pedigree than CDK, hes got nowhere near enough clout to reference them in his negotiations. His salary demands will be meted out based on his current salary and that available elsewhere by other interested parties.  So if he's on 25k (for example) and Leeds weigh in offering him 50k, the fact our top earners are on over 100k a piece is a moot point.

A sensible argument but football is as mad a cage full of monkeys and logic rarely applies. Footballers may not always be greedy but their agents are.