Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Vardy and Kaspers Wage is largely irrelevant in negotiations.  They have a lot more pedigree than CDK, hes got nowhere near enough clout to reference them in his negotiations. His salary demands will be meted out based on his current salary and that available elsewhere by other interested parties.  So if he's on 25k (for example) and Leeds weigh in offering him 50k, the fact our top earners are on over 100k a piece is a moot point.

As much as I don’t like to agree with @An Sionnach :D

I think it is not irrelevant, CDK has not the pedigree of Vardy and Schmeichel sure, but their pay indicates our capacity to pay to their level, so may well effect any negotiations.

38 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Vardy and Kaspers Wage is largely irrelevant in negotiations.  They have a lot more pedigree than CDK, hes got nowhere near enough clout to reference them in his negotiations. His salary demands will be meted out based on his current salary and that available elsewhere by other interested parties.  So if he's on 25k (for example) and Leeds weigh in offering him 50k, the fact our top earners are on over 100k a piece is a moot point.

CDK is on 17k euros a week at Brugge apparently, we can easily offer him 3x or 4x of that and he wouldnt even break into our top 10. 

....we do have a habit of chasing a specific player for a whole window and in the end, the player goes elsewhere!!!

We have chased, Trincao, Tagliafico, Edouard, Berardi, and now CDK with a feeling that we are not entirely in control of procuring a signature. There is a feeling that this could easily go the same way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we do have a habit of chasing a specific player for a whole window and in the end, the player goes elsewhere!!!

We have chased, Trincao, Tagliafico, Edouard, Berardi, and now CDK with a feeling that we are not entirely in control of procuring a signature. There is a feeling that this could easily go the same way.

With the exception of Berardi, I don’t think the others would’ve been a huge improvement on what we have available and maybe weren’t missed as much as they were avoided.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

With the exception of Berardi, I don’t think the others would’ve been a huge improvement on what we have available and maybe weren’t missed as much as they were avoided.

...not quite the point I was alluding to, but at the time we were looking to lay out up to £40m+ for a signature!!!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I could live to be a thousand years old and I don't think I'd understand where the humour is in just straight up writing pretend transfer stories. 

It's not "parody", Airplane! is parody, Austin Powers is parody. "Martin Cockshaw" is just a really strange kid with a pathological need for attention from strangers. 

I think hes funny.

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Just mentioned on Talksport that Leeds and us are in for him. Went on to say Leeds are more advanced in terms of offers and negotiations etc

If TalkSPORT mentioned it, must be true. Close thread.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If TalkSPORT mentioned it, must be true. Close thread.

Yeah they're a bunch of wafflers however if they claim stuff based on "talksport sources" (which isnt the case with CDK) then it tends to be accurate most of the time. 

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I rest my case 

It is funny when you know it’s bullshit but others don’t and hang on every word. 
For example, lots of Man U fans thought Sean from Enderby was ITK as he was  big on Maguire. He had them on strings for about 18 months after with Man U news, it was really quite funny.