Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...interesting that teams are trying to ensure deals are being done in the present fiscal year so late in the day!!!

The "expansion" fund would have no bearing on FFP.  We can spend to our hearts content on infrastructure,  it is only when money is introduced, when it is not related to trading to raise revenue, then we fall foul.

With regard to our dealings, I don’t buy that we’ve got a flurry of deals to announce once july ticks in. 
Last summers deals were all known in advance - soumare months ahead. 

we do get surprises sometimes - Iborra and cags spring to mind but it’s rare for a signing to appear from left field a day before it’s made public. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

With regard to our dealings, I don’t buy that we’ve got a flurry of deals to announce once july ticks in. 
Last summers deals were all known in advance - soumare months ahead. 

we do get surprises sometimes - Iborra and cags spring to mind but it’s rare for a signing to appear from left field a day before it’s made public. 

Soumare was bit of a suprise I thought. Yes it was announced really early but only after we had already agreed a deal to sign him. Daka another suprise literally popped up on here as a target a day before he was signed. The club do a really good job of keeping their dealings away from the media now until it’s as good as confirmed 

5 hours ago, MPH said:

Just a thought….

One  interesting fact that I read about in an article today. It said that Spurs are trying to complete a deal for Richarlison before June 30th so that it could be included in this years financial fair play calculations.. I wonder if the expansion  funds have already exhausted this years FFP money and that we are waiting until July the 1st to do any big deals, both in and out, so the ‘ overhaul’ of the squad can be done. Top explained we were waiting for some big deals to be done before doing our deals.. so that could explain why we haven’t sold anyone yet- our targets are not yet available so selling someone before 30th would mean that the money wouldn’t have been available for our targets in July.

There might be something to this. FFP always gets checked over a rolling 3 year period. 

Looked up when the last periods for this were:

1) 16/17; 17/18; 18/19

2) 19/20; 20/21; 21/22

You're allowed a set amount of losses as a club over these periods meaning we could indeed just be waiting for the new 3 year period to start before getting things on and off the books. Obviously if we had money to spare, getting any signings on the books now would be best but I'm guessing we're scraping that 30m limit currently.

12 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

There might be something to this. FFP always gets checked over a rolling 3 year period. 

1) 16/17; 17/18; 18/19

2) 19/20; 20/21; 21/22

You're allowed a set amount of losses as a club over these periods meaning we could indeed just be waiting for the new 3 year period to start before getting things on and off the books. Obviously if we had money to spare, getting any signings on the books now would be best but I'm guessing we're scraping that 30m limit currently.

That's not what rolling means. 

This coming seasons spending affects the following periods: 

20/21, 21/22, 22/23

21/22, 22/23, 23/24

22/23, 23/24, 24/25

Edited by chuck'em
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MPH said:

Just a thought….

One  interesting fact that I read about in an article today. It said that Spurs are trying to complete a deal for Richarlison before June 30th so that it could be included in this years financial fair play calculations.. I wonder if the expansion  funds have already exhausted this years FFP money and that we are waiting until July the 1st to do any big deals, both in and out, so the ‘ overhaul’ of the squad can be done. Top explained we were waiting for some big deals to be done before doing our deals.. so that could explain why we haven’t sold anyone yet- our targets are not yet available so selling someone before 30th would mean that the money wouldn’t have been available for our targets in July.

I think this is just hopium. You can do deals before 1 July and date them to become effective on 1 July, with payments beginning from that date. However you can't do deals after the 1 July and date them to have taken effect in the past, which is the main FFP consideration.

There hasn't been any barrier to us agreeing deals except any where a party refuses to agree that they take effect on, with payments from, 1 July. We just haven't done anything, whether for lack of trying or not. It's not unthinkable that our intended business is dependent on other deals happening though I suppose.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chuck'em said:

That's not what rolling means. 

This coming seasons spending affects the following periods: 

20/21, 21/22, 22/23

21/22, 22/23, 23/24

22/23, 23/24, 24/25

Nevermind then, god I'm bored

Edited by MadsEmil
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, s11nny said:

Soumare was bit of a suprise I thought. Yes it was announced really early but only after we had already agreed a deal to sign him. Daka another suprise literally popped up on here as a target a day before he was signed. The club do a really good job of keeping their dealings away from the media now until it’s as good as confirmed 

Bouba was trailed from feb/march.   It wasn’t a surprise by any stretch of anyones imagination.  various social media hacks had told us the deal was done throughout may. 

patson was a surprise but a Zambian chap came on here to tell us about a week before. That’s the thing nowadays - social media and the internet means that anyone getting wind of a deal can get the news out there. 

the club are private but the other end is not within our control 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

I think this is just hopium. You can do deals before 1 July and date them to become effective on 1 July, with payments beginning from that date. However you can't do deals after the 1 July and date them to have taken effect in the past, which is the main FFP consideration.

There hasn't been any barrier to us agreeing deals except any where a party refuses to agree that they take effect on, with payments from, 1 July. We just haven't done anything, whether for lack of trying or not. It's not unthinkable that our intended business is dependent on other deals happening though I suppose.

Yeah exactly, I don't see why any deal couldn't be agreed but if there was an accounting/FFP issue that it's factored in so that it's recognised from a certain date or a certain amount is paid at a certain point. We're just skint and fcuked it 😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah exactly, I don't see why any deal couldn't be agreed but if there was an accounting/FFP issue that it's factored in so that it's recognised from a certain date or a certain amount is paid at a certain point. We're just skint and fcuked it 😂😂😂

Didn’t Barca get fined for doing something similar to this all with the Griezmann transfer? Agreed to the buy him way before the window when his release clause was €200m and then stalled on the deal until 1st July when it dropped to €120m… I’m sure they got fined or something as the transfer was deemed to have taken place earlier? 

Slightly different circumstances from what we are discussing perhaps / absolutely grasping at straws, but still… 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Muzzy_Izzn’t said:

Didn’t Barca get fined for doing something similar to this all with the Griezmann transfer? Agreed to the buy him way before the window when his release clause was €200m and then stalled on the deal until 1st July when it dropped to €120m… I’m sure they got fined or something as the transfer was deemed to have taken place earlier? 

Slightly different circumstances from what we are discussing perhaps / absolutely grasping at straws, but still… 

Possibly, @Chocolate Teapot will know more about it than me. Hopefully we see a bit of intent from us in the market from tomorrow onwards.

In fairness it feels like they are tweaking the FFP rules every season so it’s hard to keep up!

it’s also possible that deals have already been agreed but we seem to be very good at keeping info under wraps these days and the info just hasn’t got out and we intend to announce it July 1st! We shall see!

On 02/06/2022 at 13:07, messerschmitt said:

Tbh @Ric FlairI can't see us realistically raising much money from sales. The only way I can see some players going is free or minimal fees with us having to supplement wages or loans. What if Soyuncu and Teilemans don't get the clubs or money they are looking for? They might decide not to go this summer and wait till next Jan when they can pre sign. We could realistically end up with net sales on less than 10 million.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I mentioned at the beginning of June that we could struggle to raise money. Then there's the option that if we bought someone before we sold we could end up having to leave players out of the squad. Think we might move players on with loans and end up paying a slice of the wages, getting no fee for the player and their value going down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/leicester-confident-signing-charles-de-ketelaere-despite-leeds-interest

90min (not a good source i know but we take anything at the minute) reporting we’re confident of landing him.

Today feeling he's coming here, on the plus side we got a couple of Belgium's and French speakers in the side so he won't feel isolated.

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

so he won't feel isolated.

I read something about this point the other day. Some guy who used to work with him said he reckons CDK will have no issues getting settled in wherever he goes because he was already out and about at 10 years old at international tennis tourneys and never got homesick or anything 

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 1

This charley fella has been an ongoing topic for a while now. Have to believe there is some weight to this possible transfer. Too many legit sources have been reporting on it. Gonna come down to Leicester paying Brugges their asking price. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MadsEmil said:

1) 16/17; 17/18; 18/19

2) 19/20; 20/21; 21/22

My understanding is that the PL instituted a one-time change where the 19/20 and 20/21 Covid seasons are rolled up into one season, with profit/loss averaged for FFP purposes.  In effect halving the losses from those two seasons.  So the PL FFP period will actually cover four years for periods which include either of those seasons.

This is part of what has so far let Everton off the hook.  But there wasn't much resistance as nearly all clubs were losing significant money.

Indeed, the sale of Dennis Praet (who will sign at Fiorentina) should favor Leicester and leave them in the race to sign Charles De Ketelaere. Everything is still very open. Update on the situation in this small #Thread

LEEDS - The club is considering an offer of 30M € , which could, I mean could, be made within 72 hours. Still to be confirmed, but we are heading towards that. - The club believes in it but knows that the challenge will be taken up with strong teams opposite.

AC MILAN - CDK target for a long time. Very good scouting reports, but it is expensive. The club does not want to exceed 30M € + bonus. - No offer yet, no info on an immediate offer.

LEICESTER - Needs cash to finalize. Want to conclude around 30M € . - No contact with the player and the club for a fortnight. - Are convinced that they can convince him.

In any case, at this stage, nothing is decided. Nothing at all. Brugge also continues to push and De Ketelaere can stay for another year. The key is the World Cup. De Ketelaere refuses to miss it and will not take excessive risks.

Reminder: De Ketelaere still has a contract until 2024 and Bruges want to get as close as possible to 40M € . It will still take some time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Indeed, the sale of Dennis Praet (who will sign at Fiorentina) should favor Leicester and leave them in the race to sign Charles De Ketelaere. Everything is still very open. Update on the situation in this small #Thread

LEEDS - The club is considering an offer of 30M € , which could, I mean could, be made within 72 hours. Still to be confirmed, but we are heading towards that. - The club believes in it but knows that the challenge will be taken up with strong teams opposite.

AC MILAN - CDK target for a long time. Very good scouting reports, but it is expensive. The club does not want to exceed 30M € + bonus. - No offer yet, no info on an immediate offer.

LEICESTER - Needs cash to finalize. Want to conclude around 30M € . - No contact with the player and the club for a fortnight. - Are convinced that they can convince him.

In any case, at this stage, nothing is decided. Nothing at all. Brugge also continues to push and De Ketelaere can stay for another year. The key is the World Cup. De Ketelaere refuses to miss it and will not take excessive risks.

Reminder: De Ketelaere still has a contract until 2024 and Bruges want to get as close as possible to 40M € . It will still take some time.

Thanks @moore_94. Some good info there. Seems a bit odd we wouldn't have spoken to him for 2 weeks. Wonder what is going on?

3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

This charley fella has been an ongoing topic for a while now. Have to believe there is some weight to this possible transfer. Too many legit sources have been reporting on it. Gonna come down to Leicester paying Brugges their asking price. 

Which, if we want him, we will. 

I had that grudging admiration for Claude puel at st ettienne when he squeezed an extra 5m-10m from us, as he knew precisely our MO (ie that we are prepared to pay when we really want it) 

Loving the fact that Leeds are pissing in the wind here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’d probably suggest the fella is on holiday after a 11 month season 

You're right, I can respect that. However, 'speaking to him' in these kind of instances will typically refer to 'speaking to his agent', who...has not had a long season.

I'm probably just bored/ catastrophising though. Don't mind me.