Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

The U23 route is just to put a fire under them, and convince them they aren't gonna be able to fight for their places. I expect most of those who aren't in the manager's plans, but are on high salaries, will end up going out on loan later in the window.

I think those days are gone, many footballers are now happy to just collect the cash.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think those days are gone, many footballers are now happy to just collect the cash.  

Not if they've still got ambitions to make the international squad. Mendy, Vestergaard, Praet and even Iheanacho would be motivated to get a move if they were told they won't play much.

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

The U23 route is just to put a fire under them, and convince them they aren't gonna be able to fight for their places. I expect most of those who aren't in the manager's plans, but are on high salaries, will end up going out on loan later in the window.

Leave the U23's to develop players,not as a place to put the ones you don't want. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

Not if they've still got ambitions to make the international squad. Mendy, Vestergaard, Praet and even Iheanacho would be motivated to get a move if they were told they won't play much.

Mendy made afcon without playing a bloody game, but I expect him to leave.

Nacho will play enough; he's shown he's happy to play second fiddle.

Paert will also go. 

Vestergaard has already said he will fight for his place.

14 hours ago, Sly said:

Do we really need to sign the Belgian Perez? 

No we definitely do not.

Signing one Perez might be regarded as misfortune.  To sign two just looks like carelessness.

So why do you call him that?  I know nothing about this kid other than AC Milan seem to want him which is heartening.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I was thinking about this, the only teams that find it easier are the big 6 but even they only move on the players who others can afford very easily and for decent fees (essentially academy players mostly).

People compare us to clubs like Liverpool, but they weren't selling shit when they sold them. They were generally totally unknown quantities, and people were buying youth team or championship loan players and promoting them to premier league first team players, where they were found wanting.

• Like 1

If we sell Iheanacho we will seriously make an offer for this guy imo, perfect 3rd striker/Maddison backup signing. Until then though it's just adding squad size where we need to trim after no Europe. I think he could do a good job replacing Perez and Iheanacho's combined roles in the squad.

AC Milan 'start Ziyech talks' over loan

AC Milan have started negotiations with Chelsea over the loan signing of winger Hakim Ziyech, according to reports in Italy.

Ziyech is just two years into his five-year contract but has found regular game time hard to come by since joining Chelsea in 2020.

Tuttomercato claim AC Milan are now in negotiations with Chelsea over a deal to take the 29-year-old Morocco international and long-term target to Serie A.

The Italian publication also claim the Blues want to avoid losing any of the £33m they originally paid Ajax and are said to prefer a loan deal with an option to buy rather than a permanent deal this summer.

Sky reporting. Might mean they'll not be getting CDK ?

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

AC Milan 'start Ziyech talks' over loan

AC Milan have started negotiations with Chelsea over the loan signing of winger Hakim Ziyech, according to reports in Italy.

Ziyech is just two years into his five-year contract but has found regular game time hard to come by since joining Chelsea in 2020.

Tuttomercato claim AC Milan are now in negotiations with Chelsea over a deal to take the 29-year-old Morocco international and long-term target to Serie A.

The Italian publication also claim the Blues want to avoid losing any of the £33m they originally paid Ajax and are said to prefer a loan deal with an option to buy rather than a permanent deal this summer.

Sky reporting. Might mean they'll not be getting CDK ?

Do Italian Clubs EVER buy players from English Teams??? Is the EPL financing Serie A??

27 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Do Italian Clubs EVER buy players from English Teams??? Is the EPL financing Serie A??

Tammy Abraham, Chris Smalling, Pogba x2, Lukaku the first time around, Eriksen are ones just off the top of my head

5 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I'm not head over heels for this lad. There's better out there 

For the price we're being quoted. Do think he's better down the middle than the right tbh. 

5 hours ago, murphy said:

No we definitely do not.

Signing one Perez might be regarded as misfortune.  To sign two just looks like carelessness.

So why do you call him that?  I know nothing about this kid other than AC Milan seem to want him which is heartening.

He's naturally a CAM. Similar to Perez his ability lies in his positioning and his ability to play quick passes and link up with players, although CDK is almost definitely more talented. Also similar to Perez he is lacking in pace, physicality crossing and the ability to take on players 1v1.

I just can't see how us making this transfer doesn't end up like Perez where the fans and the player know he's not being played in a position that's suited to him.

AC Milan seem to intend to play him centrally which is why it would probably be a good transfer for them and not for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

42 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Tammy Abraham, Chris Smalling, Pogba x2, Lukaku the first time around, Eriksen are ones just off the top of my head

Added to that Felipe Anderson, Szczesny, de Roon, Tomori, Dzeko, Darmian, Giroud, Anguissa, Matic, Patricio and so on

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

Correction… we’ve signed a lot of shit players and massive wages that makes them hard to shift. 

If other teams are shifting shit players they are taking massive losses to do so, they aren’t miracle workers. 

I guess I was mainly thinking about how Pearson got Beckford and Mills out quick enough.

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

He's naturally a CAM. Similar to Perez his ability lies in his positioning and his ability to play quick passes and link up with players, although CDK is almost definitely more talented. Also similar to Perez he is lacking in pace, physicality crossing and the ability to take on players 1v1.

I just can't see how us making this transfer doesn't end up like Perez where the fans and the player know he's not being played in a position that's suited to him.

AC Milan seem to intend to play him centrally which is why it would probably be a good transfer for them and not for us.

Pretty much sums up what I was getting at.