Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

4 hours ago, honeybradger said:

He's naturally a CAM. Similar to Perez his ability lies in his positioning and his ability to play quick passes and link up with players, although CDK is almost definitely more talented. Also similar to Perez he is lacking in pace, physicality crossing and the ability to take on players 1v1.

I just can't see how us making this transfer doesn't end up like Perez where the fans and the player know he's not being played in a position that's suited to him.

AC Milan seem to intend to play him centrally which is why it would probably be a good transfer for them and not for us.

Yes it’s possible he will play on the right next season.

But long term he will most likely play in a central position and compete with Daka at CF and also for the CAM role.

Don’t forget we will need depth when Vardy retires which could happen in 2023, so signing CDK now will be good succession planning. 

ideally we will sign CDK + a right winger. 

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

Yes it’s possible he will play on the right next season.

But long term he will most likely play in a central position and compete with Daka at CF and also for the CAM role.

Don’t forget we will need depth when Vardy retires which could happen in 2023, so signing CDK now will be good succession planning. 

ideally we will sign CDK + a right winger. 

We're not a big enough club to spend 30 mil+ on a squad player, especially when we have gaping holes in the starting XI and players running down contracts.

CDK would be our RW option if we buy him as he's not getting gametime over maddison and he's not a lone striker.

34 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

We're not a big enough club to spend 30 mil+ on a squad player, especially when we have gaping holes in the starting XI and players running down contracts.

CDK would be our RW option if we buy him as he's not getting gametime over maddison and he's not a lone striker.

Christ almighty, did you not just read what @Shane said. CDK would be our starting RW next season, as well as 2nd striker should we go with 2 up top or #10 should Madders be missing for whatever reason. 

Being a starter with quality in one position as well as being able to play a multitude of others isn't being a squad player. Not to mention the importance he'd play in our future squad planning. Iheanacho isn't going to stick around, Madders could leave, Vardy is only going to get older - he can be a replacement for any of them. We don't want to be put into a position where other clubs know we're desperate for a #10, CF whatever it might be, because we just lost one of them. 

Talents like CDK don't come around everyday, hence we have to take our chances now

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a horrible feeling this will be a disaster signing to join the other queue of dog shit we've recently signed. We just won't use him properly. Please someone else sign him.

I can’t see him coming here anyway mate

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a horrible feeling this will be a disaster signing to join the other queue of dog shit we've recently signed. We just won't use him properly. Please someone else sign him.

Got this feeling about Madueke. 

Gonna end up on the frontpages of the Sun for getting done for some silly stuff

Just now, LFox99 said:

Got this feeling about Madueke. 

Gonna end up on the frontpages of the Sun for getting done for some silly stuff

At least Madueke is an out and out right winger, De Ketelaere will do a Perez. Just sign a bastard RW for heavens sake.

• Like 4

We should've had at least 4 players out by now as well as at least 3 incoming players out of a total of 6 first team incoming players as quoted. 

Without a RW we surely can't integrate CDK across the front line whatsoever. 

We as a club already had more to do than most PL clubs in the transfer market this summer and should have hit the ground very very hard in shifting players on. The fact we're now in pre season and we have a saga already because we don't, might not and cant fit a priority target into the sqaud. 

All because, frankly, our bloated sqaud is a mess. 

We need to start paying people's contracts off because this club has gone soft over the last decade, and if you can shift players on, you can't bring them in. It's that simple.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

At least Madueke is an out and out right winger, De Ketelaere will do a Perez. Just sign a bastard RW for heavens sake.

Leicester are pleased to confirm that they have signed Dwight McNeil on a 3 year contract from Burnley FC.

Happy?

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Int alf a roller-coaster in your head mate ain't it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Int alf a roller-coaster in your head mate ain't it. 

Just want to wake up pal, feel the breeze and roll over and see a two page spread on a mercurial left footed right winger up the Blue Army.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Christ almighty, did you not just read what @Shane said. CDK would be our starting RW next season, as well as 2nd striker should we go with 2 up top or #10 should Madders be missing for whatever reason. 

Being a starter with quality in one position as well as being able to play a multitude of others isn't being a squad player. Not to mention the importance he'd play in our future squad planning. Iheanacho isn't going to stick around, Madders could leave, Vardy is only going to get older - he can be a replacement for any of them. We don't want to be put into a position where other clubs know we're desperate for a #10, CF whatever it might be, because we just lost one of them. 

Talents like CDK don't come around everyday, hence we have to take our chances now

The issue I find with this, is that very few players are genuinely just as good in multiple positions. 

Id be very concerned that we sign him and within a few weeks realize that he’s not suited to rw for us. Just as we quickly realised daka couldn’t play with vardy 

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Just as we quickly realised daka couldn’t play with vardy 

Thats not something we had to realise because we knew from the start that wasn't going to work. Daka wasn't brought in as a complimentary player for Vards, he's the guy we hope one day replaces him. That's very, very different from what we want CDK to be for us.

In a front two of Daka and Vardy, Vards is the creative one, and therein lies the problem.

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Thats not something we had to realise because we knew from the start that wasn't going to work. Daka wasn't brought in as a complimentary player for Vards, he's the guy we hope one day replaces him. That's very, very different from what we want CDK to be for us.

In a front two of Daka and Vardy, Vards is the creative one, and therein lies the problem.

As much as the logic makes sense, we still signed a striker who had never played as a loan striker. (again something we found out fairly quickly he wasn’t great at) 

Imo our plan last summer was to move to a 352.  I think brendan was hoping soy evans and fofana would be unreal together…. I just don’t think he ever got the chance to try it. 

I have faith Daka will come good but it might just be a case that he needs another player to work off. 

of course i hope you are right and our scouting isn’t that blind… but I don’t know anymore 

Edited by Lambert09

6 hours ago, UHDrive said:

We should've had at least 4 players out by now as well as at least 3 incoming players out of a total of 6 first team incoming players as quoted. 

Without a RW we surely can't integrate CDK across the front line whatsoever. 

We as a club already had more to do than most PL clubs in the transfer market this summer and should have hit the ground very very hard in shifting players on. The fact we're now in pre season and we have a saga already because we don't, might not and cant fit a priority target into the sqaud. 

All because, frankly, our bloated sqaud is a mess. 

We need to start paying people's contracts off because this club has gone soft over the last decade, and if you can shift players on, you can't bring them in. It's that simple.

The whole point in shifting players is to make money to spend and to save money in wages. Paying off contracts does neither, you just end up a man down whilst paying out the same amount of money.

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

The issue I find with this, is that very few players are genuinely just as good in multiple positions. 

Id be very concerned that we sign him and within a few weeks realize that he’s not suited to rw for us. Just as we quickly realised daka couldn’t play with vardy 

Vardy and Daka hardly played together, and on one of the few occasions that they did, was away at Liverpool in the league Cup, and in the first 15 minutes or so, they tore Liverpool apart. Daka had played on, or more to the point, had been left to play on despite being injured by Rodgers, with an injury he picked up after about 10 minutes, and as the half wore on he became less effective, and was took off just after half time if I remember correctly. The formation has to be right, but the two of them showed enough, that they can be effective together against teams like Liverpool and Man City, who like to defend on the half way line, with Maddison behind them. The games where teams sit back and give no room in behind however, I do agree you couldn't play them together.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not sure what CDK's best position actually is to be honest. He can and has played on both wings and as a left back and as an attacking central midfielder, oh and as a 'forward' and not forgetting his defensive midfield stints...

I remember reading an article on him that describes him as a kinda Swiss Army knife. Always worries me though with some of these players like Praet and Perez where there's a footballer in there but not even god knows in what position.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The whole point in shifting players is to make money to spend and to save money in wages. Paying off contracts does neither, you just end up a man down whilst paying out the same amount of money.

We don't have to pay contracts off in full though. It we've got someone with say 2 years on their contract on 60k a week and an interested party can only offer them 30k over 5 years,  then they'll obviously see that as losing 30k pw for the next two years. So you agree to an equivalent payoff. Still not great, but gets the job done.

I agree it's pointless if you're doing it in full though.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ronnup said:

It'll likely be Perez and Kelechi out and this lad in, that makes sense to me as he can do both of their jobs it seems

We don't actually know what he can do, especially in the Premier league.

I can remember last pre-season reading on here how good Soumare was going to be and be an upgrade to whoever.

I'd be very surprised if De Ketelaere could get anything like the goals and assists Iheanacho gets.

When a team like Leicester is lucky enough to get a player like Iheanacho we should be building a team around them not looking to move them on.

• Like 4