Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

22 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Bale 6’ 1⁄2”

Ronaldo 6’ 1” and a Generational talent 

both blessed with rapid speed can’t say I have watched CDK is he fast?

Doesn't have Adama Traores electric pace but with his long stride and ability to hold players off he's burned a bunch of PSG and Man City players in their UCL fixtures. Also, despite his height he's got remarkable quick feet in tight spaces. There's a whole lot of clips of him cutting in from the right and going past multiple defenders

Edited by MadsEmil
  • Like 2

The draw for Brendan has always been versatility. He’s never really likes players who are stuck in one position, when it comes to attack. 

Signing a player like CDK allows us to offload Kalechi, which ultimately I think we will do. But I do think he will be deployed on the right of a three. However, Maddison will be played on the right of that forward three, and CDK probably used in rotation, or start when it’s a 4-2-3-1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I think he could - I expect if we did sign him and played him on the right it would be very similar to Maddison in that he can basically just roam around

He spends most of his time on the pitch in wide areas anyway, this is heat map in the Belgian league

image.png.c2604c5159c4d3ce31d50f8286ef616b.png

This is heat map from the Champions League 

image.png.9c94d15c1510b132fda55486eb2397f5.png

Would think we’re just waiting to move Perez on then before making a move for someone

13 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Would think we’re just waiting to move Perez on then before making a move for someone

I will not hold my breath then. This could  be a very very very long wait.

Sheez the longer this drags on the more worried I feel the club is putting themselves into a corner. What happens if we don’t land him? Kinda embarrassing for the recruitment dept. This is their moment to shine lol

11 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Hasn't CDK been touted as someone who could end up being as talented as De Bruyne?

Just because he can play in multiple positions it doesn't mean he's going to be the next Perez or play at Amartey's level. He's really highly regarded and could be as versatile as a Sterling, Foden or Bernardo, for example.

It doesn't mean he'll exclusively be a right-sided player. Sometimes we could go 3-5-2 with CDK as a support striker. He could play as a false 9, CAM or pop up on the left as well. If he proves to be adept in multiple positions, it gives us huge tactical flexibility.

If we sign him, I'm going to choose to be hugely excited by it. Where's the fun in thinking he'll be the next Perez or Under?

Way too sensible of a post mate

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, JimJams said:

We don't have to pay contracts off in full though. It we've got someone with say 2 years on their contract on 60k a week and an interested party can only offer them 30k over 5 years,  then they'll obviously see that as losing 30k pw for the next two years. So you agree to an equivalent payoff. Still not great, but gets the job done.

I agree it's pointless if you're doing it in full though.

That’s not paying off the contact.

7 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I know nothing about this lad so would be unfair to write him off as not being the player we need before he's even played for us.

I'll give him 45 minutes of his debut before I do that.

Booooooooooooooooooooooo 😉

Leeds will formulate, by tomorrow, an offer of 30M € including bonus for Charles De Ketelaere. As reported by @RudyGaletti , the club have had more positive contact than in the past with their agent. Milan plans to follow, but not tomorrow. Leicester hesitate. #mercato 

Reminder: Brugge, in a strong position, are pushing to convince the player to stay for a year, which is always possible. If he leaves, the club wants 40M € , an absolute record for a player from the Pro League. #mercato #DeKetelaere

from the Belgian fella Braeckman

9 hours ago, JimJams said:

We don't have to pay contracts off in full though. It we've got someone with say 2 years on their contract on 60k a week and an interested party can only offer them 30k over 5 years,  then they'll obviously see that as losing 30k pw for the next two years. So you agree to an equivalent payoff. Still not great, but gets the job done.

I agree it's pointless if you're doing it in full though.

And even if you could negotiate a release, other than Bertrand who isn’t going to get more than a year anywhere else, who do you try it with? They are all either saleable or loanable assets, that you can actually maximise your return on. 

Plus, you aren’t negotiating with a club. You are negotiating with an agent who is going to say they’ve had zero offers elsewhere and that they want almost maximum value of what the player would be owed. 

There is a reason it happens very rarely. 

8 hours ago, NasPb said:

Exactly. Tbh he still wouldn't fit in in his correct position here imo

...I think Ric was intimating that with Vardy and Daka, there will not be a place for him to play upfront!!!

Are you saying the same or do you view him playing upfront as something that he would not succeed in, due to the way we play?

I see him as an Iheanacho replacement, as you can see Rodgers is very frustrated with him and he can be inconsistent in ball retention and decision making. I am unsure why we went down the Vardy replication line, as we seem to have created a Soumare v KDH situation.

30 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Leeds will formulate, by tomorrow, an offer of 30M € including bonus for Charles De Ketelaere. As reported by @RudyGaletti , the club have had more positive contact than in the past with their agent. Milan plans to follow, but not tomorrow. Leicester hesitate. #mercato 

Reminder: Brugge, in a strong position, are pushing to convince the player to stay for a year, which is always possible. If he leaves, the club wants 40M € , an absolute record for a player from the Pro League. #mercato #DeKetelaere

from the Belgian fella Braeckman

The part about them wanting to submit a bid by tomorrow is interesting for us as it might make us speed up things on our side.

5 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

The part about them wanting to submit a bid by tomorrow is interesting for us as it might make us speed up things on our side.

Sounds like an agent trying to push it through, or the Belgians. Bids aren't submitted that often nowadays without a deal already being agreed: Informal offers are made.

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Sounds like an agent trying to push it through, or the Belgians. Bids aren't submitted that often nowadays without a deal already being agreed: Informal offers are made.

Yeah, I'd seriously worry about CDKs state of mind if he wanted Leeds over us or Milan.

Agent probably told Leeds they'll consider the move if they make an offer very soon in order to finally get either us or Milan to the table.

3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Sheez the longer this drags on the more worried I feel the club is putting themselves into a corner. What happens if we don’t land him? Kinda embarrassing for the recruitment dept. This is their moment to shine lol

...we do have a history for this, we chase all summer and nothing turns up!!!

2 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

Yeah, I'd seriously worry about CDKs state of mind if he wanted Leeds over us or Milan.

Agent probably told Leeds they'll consider the move if they make an offer very soon in order to finally get either us or Milan to the table.

I don’t think he’s at the age where he has to make career defining decisions… but he IS at the age where regular first team football is a must for his career to take the next step forward.

if we were to tell him he might be a bench player this season  and Leeds were to tell

him he’s a Nailed on starter then I could  see it happening although he may as well stay at Brugge for another year if that was his only choice..