Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

I don’t think he’s at the age where he has to make career defining decisions… but he IS at the age where regular first team football is a must for his career to take the next step forward.

if we were to tell him he might be a bench player this season  and Leeds were to tell

him he’s a Nailed on starter then I could  see it happening although he may as well stay at Brugge for another year if that was his only choice..

He starts at any of the 3 interested clubs.

No way do we spaff 30m on him to then not play him. 

The quickest route to us getting back to the promise of last pre season is to remember that the plan for this squad was to play 3412. 

Daka and Iheanacho can't play effectively in another formation. Our full backs aren't defenders first and foremost and we don't have a surfeit of wingers to make that formation work. 

For me I'd be starting with the following to make the most of our squad and give us the chance to chase games if we need to using Barnes, Daka, Ricardo, Albrighton, Perez etc

If we sell soyuncu or soumare or choudhiury hopefully we can add 2 or 3 players to the mix. But playing 4231 means we need more new players than if we play 3412 IMO.

Schmeichel

Ndidi Fofana Evans

Castagne Tielemans KDH Justin

Maddison

Vardy Iheanacho

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

The quickest route to us getting back to the promise of last pre season is to remember that the plan for this squad was to play 3412. 

Daka and Iheanacho can't play effectively in another formation. Our full backs aren't defenders first and foremost and we don't have a surfeit of wingers to make that formation work. 

For me I'd be starting with the following to make the most of our squad and give us the chance to chase games if we need to using Barnes, Daka, Ricardo, Albrighton, Perez etc

If we sell soyuncu or soumare or choudhiury hopefully we can add 2 or 3 players to the mix. But playing 4231 means we need more new players than if we play 3412 IMO.

Schmeichel

Ndidi Fofana Evans

Maddison

Vardy Iheanacho

Would always play two up top , Iheanacho doesn't perform well on his own and Vardy is too isolated. Need to interchange with Daka though can't expect Vardy to play all games of even full game time now.

14 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Schmeichel

Ndidi Fofana Evans

Maddison

Vardy Iheanacho

The massive flaw in that plan is that Rodgers has barely managed teams in that formation and we were mostly utter dog muck in that formation. 

14 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Schmeichel

Ndidi Fofana Evans

Maddison

Vardy Iheanacho

Someone has been playing way too much football manager.

Rodgers has never planned for that formation, it's always been 4231 plan.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Someone has been playing way too much football manager.

Rodgers has never planned for that formation, it's always been 4231 plan.

I know it's basically the same thing (just semantics on where your 8 goes), but I think with Wilf back, the aim will be more of a 4-1-4-1. It will be interesting to see if KDH can play that 8 role in a more box-to-box manner than Youri (all things being equal) with CDK in the RW role.

Personally think this is a smoke screen for another AM at this point. All seems very similar to last summer when we were linked with that striker from Celtic who went to Palace and then we signed Daka out of nowhere. 

Recon we might see movement next week.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Personally think this is a smoke screen for another AM at this point. All seems very similar to last summer when we were linked with that striker from Celtic who went to Palace and then we signed Daka out of nowhere. 

Bowel movement?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

we want him we just don't have the money lol 

...if he was our number 1 target then we would have been in a  more concrete position by now!!!

We would pay what it would take to get him. We need to move on, I  would have love to have seen a different approach upfront and he would have been a big part of the jigsaw.

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if he was our number 1 target then we would have been in a  more concrete position by now!!!

We would pay what it would take to get him. We need to move on, I  would have love to have seen a different approach upfront and he would have been a big part of the jigsaw.

If that is that the case then who is our number 1 target? because we need 6 signings (according to BR) and not ONE concrete position.

3 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

If that is that the case then who is our number 1 target? because we need 6 signings (according to BR) and not ONE concrete position.

Said it before, after Charles there'll be mortar follow.

47 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

That's not how it happened though. We were interested in Edouard but Celtic kept moving the price to the point where Daka became the preferred option. A bit like if we want this lad at 30mill but Brugge keep moving his price upwards, we might switch to a different target if we're then shopping in the 40mill bracket.

It's wasn't a smokescreen, celtic priced him out of a move to us.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JimJams said:

That's not how it happened though. We were interested in Edouard but Celtic kept moving the price to the point where Daka became the preferred option. A bit like if we want this lad at 30mill but Brugge keep moving his price upwards, we might switch to a different target if we're then shopping in the 40mill bracket.

It's wasn't a smokescreen, celtic priced him out of a move to us.

So what’s to say we won’t bring in a cheaper option next week because this is happening here?