Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I mean it's pretty obvious they're going to be his last choice from a footballing perspective. He's not going to be in a rush to go there unless it gets later in the window and they're his only actual option.

They've got the cash but that's it. We've been in their position before (and, in fairness, benefited from it - Kante, etc) where players would probably rather go elsewhere but we just had the money. Clearly us and Milan need to get our finances in order first and may end up having to go with cheaper options.

There's enough in the CDK rumours and has been for long enough that we're clearly interested but we obviously have to get our ducks in line first.

I really don't see what realistically we thought would happen in order for us to make our move. RW is the one position we have to strengthen even if we don't lose the fringe players and the 2 key 1st team players whose contracts are running down.

Baring in mind we don't actually want to sell Tielemans, it's only Soyuncu we will get north of £15m for out of the players we do want to let go. Did we really think in May and June that clubs would be all over us for Perez, Choudhury and Praet so that we could go and chuff up £25-30m for CDK? I find this all very peculiar but we've been very strange when it comes to transfers in the past so maybe this shouldn't be a concern.

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Kelechi is the other obvious one @Ric Flair especially as CDK could cover what Kelechi positionally offers

I think that's more fan musings though, if we were anticipating or wanting to move Iheanacho on then there'd have been plenty of stories already in the Nigerian press as they report EVERY minute detail, they have the injuries to Ndidi and the odd occasion Iheanacho before anyone else reports it etc. 

I do think Iheanacho out and CDK in is a good bit of business though if we did that

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

My guess is we expected there to have been more movement already for Youri and/or Soyuncu and we're waiting to see what happens with them so that we've got a better picture of what our budget looks like for the window.

But I also think it's worth pointing out that the club are probably a lot more relaxed internally than the average fan is. We're all in a panic because we're not privy to the conversations going on around the table with Rudkin and co' and the uncertainty drives anxiety. Lets be honest, we're all over-thinking things and whipping each other up in to a panicked frenzy.

I think you're probably right, maybe we've monitored the situation with CDK and can bide our time on the above but if we haven't yet increased our budget but he's starting to get offers then we will act.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's more of a striker than a winger though. Only way he fits in here playing in a front 3 would need a lot of fluidity with Barnes the either side and then support from Maddison as the 8 and either Castagne or Ricardo pushing up to support. De Ketelaere doesn't take players on, which as a team we don't do enough of and is very obvious in certain types of games.

He might be played as a roaming 8 with Maddison, like Youri did in his loan spell before we realised he has the mobility of a tortoise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think that's more fan musings though, if we were anticipating or wanting to move Iheanacho on then there'd have been plenty of stories already in the Nigerian press as they report EVERY minute detail, they have the injuries to Ndidi and the odd occasion Iheanacho before anyone else reports it etc. 

I do think Iheanacho out and CDK in is a good bit of business though if we did that

I think you're probably right, maybe we've monitored the situation with CDK and can bide our time on the above but if we haven't yet increased our budget but he's starting to get offers then we will act.

I'm not sure how getting rid of a player who's shown goals and assists per minute like he has, and replacing him with an expensive unproven player from the Belgium league is "a good bit of business"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Say what?

Maybe try and look again. Just in the first two minutes of the video you can see him turn PSG and Man City defenders and then proceed to make ground on them, you can see him dribble his way past a handful of opponents multiple times.

I refuse to watch any video on him until he signs and I’m not getting my heart broken after the aranguiz situation lol but does he look

good?  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Say what?

Maybe try and look again. Just in the first two minutes of the video you can see him turn PSG and Man City defenders and then proceed to make ground on them, you can see him dribble his way past a handful of opponents multiple times.

OK, good. His strengths and weaknesses are just what I have read on this thread.  I've never seen him play, hence the disclaimers 'as I understand them' and 'apparently'. 

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Say what?

He takes on players the same way maddison takes on players. That does not mean we want maddison on the wing taking on 1v1s with the fullback. 

What we need from a winger is someone who can take on players from a standing position with pace and trickery, I can't see anything from De Ketelaere that makes me think he's got this in his locker, although I have admittedly not seen that much. 

Thankfully the opinions of Club Brugge fans that have seen him play regularly are readily available on forums and they say that he would be massively wasted playing on the RW for us, some of them also go as far to say they're not sure he's ready to make the step up to the PL which is worrying for a play that might cost 30-40 mil

7 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

image.thumb.png.81cbdfea7de9214889e5dc810bd835fd.png

Back with Club Brugge for pre-season. Still doubt that staying there is an option for him as they've now already brought in 2 new strikers

Just look at him... he belongs in Milan. One of our lads once turned up for international duty with a bin bag with his boots in 

• Haha 3

Just now, honeybradger said:

He takes on players the same way maddison takes on players. That does not mean we want maddison on the wing taking on 1v1s with the fullback. 

What we need from a winger is someone who can take on players from a standing position with pace and trickery, I can't see anything from De Ketelaere that makes me think he's got this in his locker, although I have admittedly not seen that much. 

Thankfully the opinions of Club Brugge fans that have seen him play regularly are readily available on forums and they say that he would be massively wasted playing on the RW for us, some of them also go as far to say they're not sure he's ready to make the step up to the PL which is worrying for a play that might cost 30-40 mil

So we're just going to move the goal posts on what he needs to be able to do and what he apparently is unable to do?

First he needs to be pacey and be able to dribble past players -> I provide some material to showcase he can do that

Then all of the sudden that's not enough anymore and he needs to be able to do a thousand other things, oh and I mustn't forget, he's not that good after all and dear god look at that price tag.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Just look at him... he belongs in Milan. One of our lads once turned up for international duty with a bin bag with his boots in 

In fairness that one was on Vards taking the mick out of Maguire and telling him to do so :D

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Just cleaning out his locker -- double announcement on Wednesday: CDK and Youri's new deal. :ph34r:

I just had an image of us CDK stood in the centre circle with youri on his shoulders and a caption of `the belgian connection' . :fc:

But seriously though, whens Big Daddy got his next business meeting in Bruge?

Edited by Lambert09

12 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

image.thumb.png.81cbdfea7de9214889e5dc810bd835fd.png

Back with Club Brugge for pre-season. Still doubt that staying there is an option for him as they've now already brought in 2 new strikers

Cashmere jumper? 

Different level comfort for this lad. 

IN. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Cashmere jumper? 

Different level comfort for this lad. 

IN. 

That looks like an Adidas Ruck-sack.  Plastic see-thru LV is class.

OUT.

The #Milan pushes for #DeKetelaere . Operation that everyone at the club agrees with. #Milan also in talks with Chelsea for #Ziyech, an agreement on the loan is being sought

Edited by moore_94