Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

Just now, moore_94 said:

The #Milan pushes up #DeKetelaere . Operation that everyone agrees. Like the coach, property and sports area. #Milan also in talks with Chelsea for #Ziyech , an agreement on the loan is being sought

So update: no update from Milan's side then? Be interesting to see how soon we can price them out, the Serie A champions make less prize money than someone finishing bottom half in the PL

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Be interesting if the club are partly thinking to play CDK as a CAM/Secondary striker and keep Madders out on the right.

I've not seen much of CDK, but the other way round would seem a better idea.

Madders is a lot less effective out on the right & videos suggest CDK is able to beat defenders on the outside but also to be a threat coming inside.

To indulge in trivia.....he has an unusual look for a footballer, doesn't he? Looks like an Eton-educated member of a boy band. 

Not that I mind what he looks like. He could look like the Elephant Man and I'd be fine with it, if he came here and did well. :D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, murphy said:

I was wondering why I'm failing to get excited by this kid.  After all he is very highly rated apparently, even though I had never heard of him before this window.

I think it is because of his strengths as I understand them, technically gifted, good eye, movement and passing, but cannot beat a man and lacks pace.  In short another tinkerer to tip tap it around in front of a low block.  I think this is very much in the Rodgers mould.  

No matter how talented the kid apparently is, I would prefer a more direct, pacy traditional winger type to beat a man, get in behind the defence and get me out of my seat.  

...he can beat a man and has sufficient pace to outstrip opponents, his skillset allows him to outwit defenders!!!

Forget (for me) him playing RW, centrally upfront would be where he should be employed. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chapero82 said:

I refuse to watch any video on him until he signs and I’m not getting my heart broken after the aranguiz situation lol but does he look

good?  

If we have the season that followed that one again, I'd take another Aranguiz situation ...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

We don’t even get a mention in Fabrizio Romano’s piece in the Guardian, which suggests merely that Leeds will have to see off Milan to sign him.

All a bit odd given the many stories about our interest in him since January.

I don’t think he gets much info about us really, most of the time regarding us it is just regurgitating what has already been said by others

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Are we going to get our act together at some point soon?!

7A7D5017-3764-45B9-A0E2-8C7D83412B96.jpeg

Luckily that's a joke of a bid and Brugge aren't gonna take them seriously.

Maybe this finally gets us going though...

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He's right though isn't he.

No? While we obviously won't have the money to have a net spend of 70-80m like last summer, we'll still be able to spend around 20-30m before we need the help of outgoings.

• Like 1

I expect it’s sell to buy for us. No chance we get this guy, doubt we bid 30 odd mill for him. It’s a shame, whether the signings are Rodgers or not, we have got the majority of them wrong in the last couple of years and it caught up with us a little. No have average players on top wages.  Shouldn’t be in a position after 2 European campaigns and a top 10 finish in the prem to not have any money whatsoever.  

It could be that we’ve been waiting for others to actually bid so we can find the floor for our bid

of course we may have been hoping that no one would bid 

if Milan have opened up then top might be scrambling down the back of his office sofa to see what can be found! 

Rodgers wouldn't repeatedly talk about a refresh and rebuild last season if he hadn't run it by Susan/ Rudders/ Top and they wouldn't have agreed to let him talk about it until the very end if they noticed we wouldn't have the funds. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

Rodgers wouldn't repeatedly talk about a refresh and rebuild last season if he hadn't run it by Susan/ Rudders/ Top and they wouldn't have agreed to let him talk about it until the very end if they noticed we wouldn't have the funds. 

I thought this but he's used the press a number of times to put pressure on his club to back him in the transfer market, it was almost a weekly thing in the end at Celtic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

Luckily that's a joke of a bid and Brugge aren't gonna take them seriously.

Maybe this finally gets us going though...

Yes true, I’ll be honest I don’t know a lot about this guy but have heard he is good from various sources. My post was more an expression of general frustration on our lack of any activity in the transfer window so far. 
As we have seen in the past here and at other clubs players that sign late in the window and don’t get a full pre season with their new club tend to take longer to settle in and don’t hit the ground running.

As well as this Rodgers wanting to rebuild the team with reportedly 5-6 new players is obviously now not going to happen and looks like it might have just been another excuse to buy him time. (For the record I am generally supportive of Rodgers although have had my moments where I have wavered but some of the comments and excuses he comes out with do really annoy me)

And on top of it all we can’t afford two seasons in a row of not or hardly strengthening the team whilst other teams around us improve. We already have a squad that lacks quality outside of the first 11 and a few mid to long term injuries could see us having a really poor season 

sorry for the rant but needed to get it off my chest

If we are actually properly interested in this guy I think we will find out pretty soon.

either we bid or we were never seriously interested. Even if we do not have the cash directly, these deals are usually structured, so we will have made a few sales ourselves before we have to cough up the full amount