Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Same owner that have prop us up over the last 3 season we have lost money 20m 2019, 67m 2020, 33m 2021, 130m in 3 years.

Cant slate them at all in terms of that but maybe its time to think of bringing in some fresh investment. Especially if we are shifting away from the model of selling star players every summer for big money.

Just now, Dames said:

Cant slate them at all in terms of that but maybe its time to think of bringing in some fresh investment. Especially if we are shifting away from the model of selling star players every summer for big money.

Not sure we are, the pandemic and its global economic consequences put paid toi those plans. It just remains to be seen if this is a model we can return too.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

You shouldn't be really. With everyone fit, even without one new signing, we've got a very decent squad of players compared with most teams in the Premiership. 

Admittedly not a top 4 or perhaps even 6 now squad but, being 'scared' suggests fear of relegation. To get this squad of players relegated you have to have a complete dunderhead of a manager at the helm, it shouldn't even be a consideration. 

It remains to be seen whether Rodgers is a complete dunderhead but if he starts really badly, you can already pre-empt his slimey excuses already. Time will tell. 

A fully squad is very unlikely to happen all through the season and with losing some of our best players possibly e.g Youri and a declining Vardy this season could end up going quite badly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

A fully squad is very unlikely to happen all through the season and with losing some of our best players possibly e.g Youri and a declining Vardy this season could end up going quite badly.

Same Vardy that finished last season with 15 PL goals in 25 games, 6th on the top scorer list.

Not sure he's ready for the knackered yard yet 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I get peoples worries about no signings. I dont get worries about ‘being scared for us next season’. The starting eleven, back up full backs and back up strikers are top ten quality. 

Fans assuming we won't get heinous injuries again are equally as presumptious. There's every chance we will unless Rodgers and his team are very very careful /fortunate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Fans assuming we won't get heinous injuries again are equally as presumptious. There's every chance we will unless Rodgers and his team are very very careful /fortunate.

Less games, less risk, thats whats likely

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure we are, the pandemic and its global economic consequences put paid toi those plans. It just remains to be seen if this is a model we can return too.

I was thinking about this, the pandemic has definitely played apart but I also think clubs are sheep's and when there's a reputation to just go and buy their best player then other clubs do it until they move on to the next trendy club.

I think we might have been dropped like a hot potato, in which case we have to take more risks at lower fees for rough diamonds who will command less wages and enable us to have more financial flexibility each season.

But the single biggest priority for us is going all out in our academy over the next few years (I'm seeing signs we are much more serious about this)

• Like 2

I was thinking about this, the pandemic has definitely played apart but I also think clubs are sheep's and when there's a reputation to just go and buy their best player then other clubs do it until they move on to the next trendy club.

I think we might have been dropped like a hot potato, in which case we have to take more risks at lower fees for rough diamonds who will command less wages and enable us to have more financial flexibility each season.

But the single biggest priority for us is going all out in our academy over the next few years (I'm seeing signs we are much more serious about this)

This every day, every week, this has to be the answer to every question we face as a club.

It is cost saving, it is money generating, it gets us a players of qualities otherwise unattainable, its so obvious.

However, its a longer road and we must be patient and commited.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

This every day, every week, this has to be the answer to every question we face as a club.

It is cost saving, it is money generating, it gets us a players of qualities otherwise unattainable, its so obvious.

However, its a longer road and we must be patient and commited.

It's also a no brainer when you've spent £80m + on the best training facilities in Europe / the world.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Possibly, but those with the worst injuries last season except for us were mainly not in Europe.

Yes, but how many were down to fatigue of playing 58 games and 111 games in the last two seasons.

Chuck in an unscheduled break in the 2019/20 season and a shorter 20/21 pre-season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Same Vardy that finished last season with 15 PL goals in 25 games, 6th on the top scorer list.

Definitely true, have said for a long time that it's not really his pace that's his greatest attribute. His movement, his intelligence and his finishing will see him be an excellent Tony Cottee-esque poacher for us long after his pace starts to fade.

However, there's a reason he only played 25 games last year. He's becoming increasingly injury prone as his body ages and we need to be ready for that. Even if his performances when he DOES play are excellent, we're still going to be at risk if we're over reliant on him.

Definitely have to hope Patson has a good pre-season, settles in, Rodgers can get his confidence back up to where it was when he first signed and have him really raring to go.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes, but how many were down to fatigue of playing 58 games and 111 games in the last two seasons.

Chuck in an unscheduled break in the 2019/20 season and a shorter 20/21 pre-season.

We'll find out this season, I hope it was merely bad luck and fatigue. He cannot use not having good enough squad players as an excuse either because that was the sole strategy of recent transfer windows to improve the depth as opposed to improving the starting XI.

• Like 1

It's also a no brainer when you've spent £80m + on the best training facilities in Europe / the world.

This and the stadium expansion, is where we will start to reap the rewards. Despite our recent successes we’re still a fairly modest club. But what you’ve got to think about is this. In 5 years time, once the training facilities are in full swing, stadium expansion and surrounding area complete and in full swing, the club could have created its own mini economy. The plans of including an indoor arena, a hotel, flats etc arena stroke of genius. The club will in theory be constantly improving it’s financial muscle to the point where we can be completely self sustainable and compete with some of the worlds elite. It’s almost like we are franchising but without selling the heart of the club like spurs have done.

Until all of this is established though it is going to be a very up and down journey, we just need to make sure nothing stupid happens like relegation. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LFox99 said:

I'd tend to agree but I'd wager a guess that signings like CDK could be made before any outgoings simply because of the nature and profile of it.

Maybe but if that's the case and the club really want CDK then I'm sure we'd have made a firm bid by now. There must be reasons why we haven't signed anyone yet, most likely because of the points I made in my earlier post. Some fans just seem to think Rudkin and the recruitment team are just sat on their arses and waiting till the end of July to actually do any work. That's clearly not the case and I'm sure they are doing everything they can in difficult circumstances.

I'd also question, is CDK really our top target? Yes the media have linked him with us for a while, but he isn't a right winger so the chances are, he may not be a priority signing for us right now if we haven't got the money. 

Edited by jayfox26

32 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He is getting more injuries now though

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah it's interesting with more players running their contracts down. Star players will always be leaving so it's more of a question as to what we can sell them for. If more and more move without us recouping anything we will be spending less to bring them in. We can't afford to spend £40 million on a player and then for them to go for nothing.

This leaves the option of spotting and developing U18's which I think is the way to go.