Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, WillyP said:

Are we in for anyone? (a genuine question)

**** knows.

12 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

He is getting more injuries now though

One was an impact injury (Knee) which was bad luck, not sure one season of a few longer breaks proves that point.

We will have to see what this season brings.

21/22 Knee Injury 07/03/2022 25/04/2022 49 days 11Leicester City
21/22 Hamstring Injury 27/12/2021 24/02/2022 59 days 10Leicester City
20/21 Groin Surgery 21/01/2021 04/02/2021 14 days 4Leicester City
20/21 Groin Injury 04/01/2021 14/01/2021 10 days 1Leicester City
20/21 Calf Strain 19/10/2020 22/10/2020 3 days 1Leicester City
19/20 Strain in the thigh and gluteal muscles 23/01/2020 30/01/2020 7 days 2Leicester City
19/20 Muscle Injury 30/12/2019 06/01/2020 7 days 2Leicester City
18/19 Head Injury 04/03/2019 07/03/2019 3 days -
18/19 Groin Injury 17/12/2018 20/12/2018 3 days 1Leicester City
18/19 Groin Strain 03/12/2018 13/12/2018 10 days 2Leicester City
18/19 Groin Strain 12/11/2018 22/11/2018 10 days -
18/19 Ill 22/10/2018 25/10/2018 3 days 1Leicester City
15/16 Groin Injury 04/01/2016 14/01/2016 10 days 2Leicester City
15/16 Minor Knock 09/11/2015 19/11/2015 10 days

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We'll find out this season, I hope it was merely bad luck and fatigue. He cannot use not having good enough squad players as an excuse either because that was the sole strategy of recent transfer windows to improve the depth as opposed to improving the starting XI.

Bit of that and a bit of miss management as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I've had shits hotter than this thread.

It's a pick & mix theme thread don't you know. Bored with not hearing anything about Charlie boy ? Anything from the stadium extension to the new Laundry assistant  post just advertised will do.:whistle:

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Definitely true, have said for a long time that it's not really his pace that's his greatest attribute. His movement, his intelligence and his finishing will see him be an excellent Tony Cottee-esque poacher for us long after his pace starts to fade.

However, there's a reason he only played 25 games last year. He's becoming increasingly injury prone as his body ages and we need to be ready for that. Even if his performances when he DOES play are excellent, we're still going to be at risk if we're over reliant on him.

Definitely have to hope Patson has a good pre-season, settles in, Rodgers can get his confidence back up to where it was when he first signed and have him really raring to go.

He just needs to be managed for me that means PL games only and trying to avoid playing 3 games a week. 

3 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Is there a chance Rodgers walks if this refresh doesn’t happen? It’s been a shambles so far

...the problem is he won't walk!!!

We are going to have to pay up his contract or wait until it runs down. Him having a stellar season and getting the opportunity to go to a top 4 Premier League side would be the only way I can see him leaving this club.

Reckon Rodgers just threw out the ‘refresh’ message in an interview without actually discussing with the club how realistic it will be - maybe trying to force the matter a bit?

I see that Top is in town this week, no idea if there is any significance to that or not regarding transfers.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Fans assuming we won't get heinous injuries again are equally as presumptious. There's every chance we will unless Rodgers and his team are very very careful /fortunate.

And we had that last season but still finished top half. 

27 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He just needs to be managed for me that means PL games only and trying to avoid playing 3 games a week. 

Eh, I mean, that's quite naïve really isn't it? You make it sound very straightforward. He's 35, 36 later in the season. He's going to get injured, it's going to take him long to recover when he does, that's just part of life. Minimalizing it as "oh he just needs to be managed" feels a bit like denial. 

Like I said, I absolutely agree with the notion that he isn't "finished" but nor should we be assuming he's going to be able to be our main goal threat all year either. Moreover, with his twilight looming, this stage of his career SHOULD be about us phasing him out and his replacement in so that we're not caught with our pants down when he does retire. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Fans assuming we won't get heinous injuries again are equally as presumptious. There's every chance we will unless Rodgers and his team are very very careful /fortunate.

Sure yeah but, statistically, you'd have to hope that the odds of us being without both of our first choice centre backs for the vast majority of the season for a second year running would be extremely long.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Eh, I mean, that's quite naïve really isn't it? You make it sound very straightforward. He's 35, 36 later in the season. He's going to get injured, it's going to take him long to recover when he does, that's just part of life. Minimalizing it as "oh he just needs to be managed" feels a bit like denial. 

Like I said, I absolutely agree with the notion that he isn't "finished" but nor should we be assuming he's going to be able to be our main goal threat all year either. Moreover, with his twilight looming, this stage of his career SHOULD be about us phasing him out and his replacement in so that we're not caught with our pants down when he does retire. 

Each injury increases the likelihood of another at his age now too. Explosively quick players are usually much more injury prone, the idea that he'll go on longer because ha started later is true of the strain in his joints and cartilage but not his muscles.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

One was an impact injury (Knee) which was bad luck, not sure one season of a few longer breaks proves that point.

We will have to see what this season brings.

21/22 Knee Injury 07/03/2022 25/04/2022 49 days 11Leicester City
21/22 Hamstring Injury 27/12/2021 24/02/2022 59 days 10Leicester City
20/21 Groin Surgery 21/01/2021 04/02/2021 14 days 4Leicester City
20/21 Groin Injury 04/01/2021 14/01/2021 10 days 1Leicester City
20/21 Calf Strain 19/10/2020 22/10/2020 3 days 1Leicester City
19/20 Strain in the thigh and gluteal muscles 23/01/2020 30/01/2020 7 days 2Leicester City
19/20 Muscle Injury 30/12/2019 06/01/2020 7 days 2Leicester City
18/19 Head Injury 04/03/2019 07/03/2019 3 days -
18/19 Groin Injury 17/12/2018 20/12/2018 3 days 1Leicester City
18/19 Groin Strain 03/12/2018 13/12/2018 10 days 2Leicester City
18/19 Groin Strain 12/11/2018 22/11/2018 10 days -
18/19 Ill 22/10/2018 25/10/2018 3 days 1Leicester City
15/16 Groin Injury 04/01/2016 14/01/2016 10 days 2Leicester City
15/16 Minor Knock 09/11/2015 19/11/2015 10 days

If I recall correctly he pulled his hamstring against Liverpool in the league with a last ditch sprint to win the ball in the dying minutes, and had been complaining about it feeling tight in the weeks prior, at the cup game I think. Then injured his knee in the second game back or so. This season we'll have much fewer games and hopefully less injuries going around.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Maybe but there are an increasing amount of sports people who are playing in latter years, Anderson 39 (Cricket), Ronaldo (37), Rafael Nadal (36), with the aid of sports science.

Last season was his worse in terms of days out, but not numbers of injuries as he averages at least two a season, 2018 was the worse for the number of injuries.

I just think it's a little lame to panic because he missed 13 PL games and think why can't he give us another couple of seasons with the right management. 

100% we need to sort his replacement and the club has brought in Daka from that POV. 

Edited by coolhandfox

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe but there are an increasing amount of sports people who are playing in latter years, Anderson 39 (Cricket), Ronaldo (37), Rafael Nadal (36), with the aid of sports science.

Last season was his worse in terms of days out, but not numbers of injuries as he averages at least two a season, 2018 was the worse for the number of injuries.

I just think it's a little lame to panic because he missed 13 PL games and think he can't give us another couple of seasons with the right management. 

100% we need to sort his replacement and the club has brought in Daka from that POV. 

I think if Daka comes through this season, we could see Vardy transition to more of an impact sub role, like Totti in his final years at Roma.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

So… anyone think we might still sign CDK?

Or is that off topic? lol

I think there’s a long way to go with this transfer, lots of twists and turns. We are definitely interested but clearly isn’t a one horse race

54 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Each injury increases the likelihood of another at his age now too. Explosively quick players are usually much more injury prone, the idea that he'll go on longer because ha started later is true of the strain in his joints and cartilage but not his muscles.

Problem for Vardy is that his groin is as good as totally as ****ed. So it knocks on elsewhere. It’s not so much an issue summer months but come November don’t be surprised if he’s back out with it again until February. 

In a lot of occasions as well JV has insisted to play with the injury. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There we go.

Not quite sure I buy that. We can leave people out of the 25 man PL squad. It's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world if it means getting the players we want. Plus it might force players on big contracts to be more open to moves if they sense they may be left out of the squad.

• Like 2

Just now, Ricey said:

Not quite sure I buy that. We can leave people out of the 25 man PL squad. It's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world if it means getting the players we want. Plus it might force players on big contracts to be more open to moves if they sense they may be left out of the squad.

We could do that but it would not be good for the club when we are already in a position of spending a large percentage of our turnover on wages

Other players COULD leave, but if they don't we could easily be spending £200k+ a week on players who we can't even use

25 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There we go.

So we're going to miss out on improving the squad this year because the club signed a lot of duffers and stuck them on high contracts? The notion we are well run is being tested more and more with each passing day.

There's no way we'll be able to shift Perez, Vestergaard, Praet, Choudary, Mendy, Soumare etc in one window and that is what 350k a weeks worth of wages? dreadful.