Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

You're failing to acknowledge the fact that Ritchie De Laet was his idol growing up and therefore he's a massive Leicester fan (He even went as far as adding "De" to his name)

Haha. Back in the days when having a Belgian player wasn't what it was now. Did he come in from man u with Drinkwater or have I made that up ? 

20 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

Haha. Back in the days when having a Belgian player wasn't what it was now. Did he come in from man u with Drinkwater or have I made that up ? 

With Matty James, not Drinkwater, I think

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chapero82 said:

I haven’t seen anything special so far 

And Vardy did when he first joined? Now he’s a hand full of goals away from joining

the all time top premier strikers in premier league history…….

15 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

And Vardy did when he first joined? Now he’s a hand full of goals away from joining

I always thought Vardy was special and I even was mocked by other supporters (from different teams) they he would rip up the premier league. I see what you are saying but so far for me he needs to do a lot more. Daka had a few chances to prove himself last season and he didn’t show up.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

For me he has a lot of similarities. He is raw, he’s got the pace and he is ice cold in front of goal when confident. What he hasn’t really shown is the aggression that Vardy had, but that for me isn’t possible to replicate, unless you find another lad with a similar backstory to Vardy. 

What Daka needs to improve is the early run, to force the pass in behind. He does do what Vardy tried to do early on, and that’s hang on the shoulder, spin the defender and then use his pace to get in behind. That doesn’t really work in the prem, because the defenders are usually of a good calibre…. However, he has the very best in the world to learn from. He’s shown enough for me that he will come good. 

...he does make the move to trigger the pass, but it is not picked up by his teammates!!!

He then finds himself in a position where he cannot accept a pass and he has to reset. The team understands Vardy's motion to trigger the pass, it is just different than Daka's. If there was a major feature of his play (Daka), it was his ability to stay on side, when it was easier for him to get himself flagged, and that takes a lot of discipline. He has changed his game somewhat and now goes offside more than he should.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I get the point - it's too early to judge Daka.

But people often use Vardy to illustrate a fair point - and don't mention that he's also the exception that breaks almost any rule. 

8 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

image.png.7d39d2ace05b9466d6893fe996c3c7d2.png
image.png.7e081be8ed3c48783fb6a292ee7c59a2.png

"No signs of life" -  someone check in whether Rudders has fallen asleep at his desk and isn't picking up the phone

75 pages in and we are not showing any signs of life. Ffs

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, urban fox said:

It is looking more like FT wants this guy more than the club do.

....same as the last seasons, with one player, heavily linked and we come away as if we were never really interested!!!

We can now put this to bed, he is not an option, it may have been good to have an offer on the table even if it is the lowest bid. Are we so poor when negotiating and are we seen as a joke and a club to avoid?

We won’t be in for him now, we can’t shift anyone on at the moment. It would sting if he ends up at leeds, genuinely the best we can hope for now I think is he just doesn’t end up in the prem or he does and flops. 😂

9 hours ago, LFox99 said:

image.png.7d39d2ace05b9466d6893fe996c3c7d2.png
image.png.7e081be8ed3c48783fb6a292ee7c59a2.png

"No signs of life" -  someone check in whether Rudders has fallen asleep at his desk and isn't picking up the phone

This summer is fast turning into a joke. 

why do some on here think we are more appealing than AC Milan? they are in the champions league, just won Serie A and look to be on the up on and off the field,

i said hed not come here tbf as that ship sailed when we didnt make europe, plus if we wanted to get this done we should have had steps already in place before now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

why do some on here think we are more appealing than AC Milan? they are in the champions league, just won Serie A and look to be on the up on and off the field,

i said hed not come here tbf as that ship sailed when we didnt make europe, plus if we wanted to get this done we should have had steps already in place before now

Come on mate anyone would pick Braunstone over Brera 😅

• Haha 1