Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

16 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

I get the feeling our owners don't have the money to spash, compared to other average sides.

Squad is full. The end.

edit Sorry no need for me to be sarcastic, think we just full and until someone goes, no room anyway.  :dunno:

The fact we are in this state is another problem however!

Edited by Dahnsouff

8 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Ill try to act shocked

Never signing, he wants champions league football, AC Milan won there first title in a long while, we don't have a chance, quicker people learn this isn't happening the better. Have to be realistic 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danny280995 said:

Never signing, he wants champions league football, AC Milan won there first title in a long while, we don't have a chance, quicker people learn this isn't happening the better. Have to be realistic 

There's pages worth of discussions about this earlier on in the thread. It essentially narrows down to: CDK will eventually move to one of the giants (talking the clubs who can actually win the CL, not just participate in it), his best course of action to raise his profile would be to play and play well in the Premier League. He doesn't have to move to get CL football, he can get that with is club in Belgium. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

FAKE. That's the 18/19 shirt.

Pigeon was alive when he turned up at the training ground to sign In 18/19, unfortunately the wait for us to pull our fingers out of our arseholes was too long to survive.

55 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

.. when people say they want Champions League football you know it is about money and nothing to do with the Champions League!!!

Only certain teams are rich enough to consistently offer that playing option and this mantra of..."I want Champions league football" is a smoke screen for... "I want more money."

Just imagine if we were to win it again next season, there will not be a line of international players knocking on the door to come and play for us, we saw it before, it was still difficult to get players of a certain quality (we couldn't afford the elite ones) to come here.

It would be nice to see some real honesty and integrity in this game.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. when people say they want Champions League football you know it is about money and nothing to do with the Champions League!!!

Only certain teams are rich enough to consistently offer that playing option and this mantra of..."I want Champions league football" is a smoke screen for... "I want more money."

Just imagine if we were to win it again next season, there will not be a line of international players knocking on the door to come and play for us, we saw it before, it was still difficult to get players of a certain quality (we couldn't afford the elite was) to come here.

It would be nice to see some real honesty and integrity in the game.

:thumbup:  He already plays for a club in the Champions League, and one that is likely to get it with more certainty than wherever he moves too, so of course it’s about money. 

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Just imagine if we were to win it again next season, there will not be a line of international players knocking on the door to come and play for us, we saw it before, it was still difficult to get players of a certain quality (we couldn't afford the elite ones) to come here.

That's just not true. In most big European leagues, there are 1-3 teams that will consistently get Champions League football. It's true that Italy is almost in a Premier League situation -- it has a Big 6ish, although Juve thinks itself a Bayern Munich -- playing for AC Milan means playing in Europe, and looking at Serie A now, probably playing in Champions League for the next 3-4 years. It's a better bet for consistent Champions League football right now than Arsenal or even Manchester United.

There are plenty of players who will ply their trade for a team playing consistently in Champions League for less money than a midtable Premier League team will offer.

If we won it next year, there won't be a line of elite players want to play for teams that are consistently in Champions League. We aren't consistently in Europe yet. But believe me, winning the Premier League twice in seven years, with an FA Cup sandwiched in-between would attract a higher class of player than Everton or Wolves would get, even if they paid more.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

That's just not true. In most big European leagues, there are 1-3 teams that will consistently get Champions League football. It's true that Italy is almost in a Premier League situation -- it has a Big 6ish, although Juve thinks itself a Bayern Munich -- playing for AC Milan means playing in Europe, and looking at Serie A now, probably playing in Champions League for the next 3-4 years. It's a better bet for consistent Champions League football right now than Arsenal or even Manchester United.

There are plenty of players who will ply their trade for a team playing consistently in Champions League for less money than a midtable Premier League team will offer.

If we won it next year, there won't be a line of elite players want to play for teams that are consistently in Champions League. We aren't consistently in Europe yet. But believe me, winning the Premier League twice in seven years, with an FA Cup sandwiched in-between would attract a higher class of player than Everton or Wolves would get, even if they paid more.

Just the one killer word in there @MarriedaLeicesterGirl!

21 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

More likely to get honesty and integrity from our government than from professional footballers! 

• Haha 3

If Milan don’t stump up the money then I suspect he’ll go to Leeds anyway, even if he doesn’t really want to. Always worth remembering that Raphinha left CL football with Rennes to sign for newly promoted Leeds, and now look at him - highly sought after by Europe’s best. Going to Leeds was better for his development than staying in France, and it would be better for CDK than staying in Belgium. 

Unless we can also match Leeds’ bid of 35m but there haven’t been any serious links to us for a while so I doubt it. It’s Milan or Leeds it seems (and make no mistake, CDK for Leeds would be an unbelievable coup, he’s far too good for them). 

Edited by LeedsFox95

20 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

'kinell are we winning the league again? Fair play 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Hes coming here. I just know it. Boris and his quest for climate change has allowed us one of the best training grounds you can get, and CDK knows that to have that + full game time + development is rare at his age/level, and he'll get that here. 

Sod Milan, that can't pay him enough and who wants to play in Italy anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Reading Leeds prepared up their offer to 37.5m euros including add-ons.

They seem desperate to get him....why all the rush 🤔 it isn't if anyone else have bid for him 

He is not going to Leeds, due to them being in a relegation battle last season ,LCFC, have far more to offer him ,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Reading Leeds prepared up their offer to 37.5m euros including add-ons.

They seem desperate to get him....why all the rush 🤔 it isn't if anyone else have bid for him 

7 minutes ago, John rayner said:

He is not going to Leeds, due to them being in a relegation battle last season ,LCFC, have far more to offer him ,

reading don’t have the cash either 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

CL football wins all day long..

plenty of fans last season saying they did t want us in Europe (EL) as it meant Thursday Sunday football..

well our failure to get into a European competition pretty much means we are where we are.. failing it seems to not only buy players but pretty much even attract any names..

it seems a real struggle for us to ship players out also.

All in all it seems a bit of a mess so far and we go into our preseason with no new faces and players that we don’t even want..

frustrating even more, is the fact that newly promoted clubs are happily doing what looks like some decent  business..

15 minutes ago, Rigga said:

plenty of fans last season saying they did t want us in Europe (EL) as it meant Thursday Sunday football..

well our failure to get into a European competition pretty much means we are where we are.. failing it seems to not only buy players but pretty much even attract any names..

All in all it seems a bit of a mess so far and we go into our preseason with no new faces and players that we don’t even want..

frustrating even more, is the fact that newly promoted clubs are happily doing what looks like some decent  business..

Mark my words, the three teams that got promoted will go straight down.

18 minutes ago, Rigga said:

it could be argued that we were at our best when we were NOT trying to compete for names. Most of our success has come from

not buying  players who only wanted to come to us for the European football

• Like 1