Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Been watching quite a few videos on this chap and it’s left me with a question. Where does he fit in? Although he can play either wing he seems a better fit behind the striker like Maddison… will Brendan go away from using wingers come summer and play two narrow forwards behind Daka/Vardy?

I think Iheanacho will be sold this summer. De Ketelaere or Ali-Cho are the types of versatile forward I can see replace him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

To be honest, I think Madders will be one of the players shipped out in the summer. This guy is well capable of playing in that role and I’d imagine that’s what will happen. 

This is also a good point, unlikely to have both of them at are disposal I’d have thought unless we’re getting some crazy investment this summer 

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Iheanacho will be sold this summer. De Ketelaere or Ali-Cho are the types of versatile forward I can see replace him.

He definitely isn’t keen on him it seems I’ll admit,  but they we’d be left with two strikers so causes another issue?

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Good point. I was wondering where he would fit and that would make the most sense I suppose.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2022 at 13:47, Ric Flair said:

Do you find the treatment of Kel a bit odd? His numbers are strong; his attitude is good; and we tend to look better when he plays.

I would love to see us play him up top, with two quick wide players (Barnes and Daka??) running beyond.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Do you find the treatment of Kel a bit odd? His numbers are strong; his attitude is good; and we tend to look better when he plays.

I would love to see us play him up top, with two quick wide players (Barnes and Daka??) running beyond.

....are you saying you wish to see him in the #10 role!!!

On 03/01/2022 at 16:47, LCCFox96 said:

15 goal contributions in 21 apps are impressive numbers and his profile certainly looks like it fits what we look for. His versatility to cover the attacking positions will be really valuable as well. De Ketelaere is a really strong surname too. He'd be the sort of addition I'd be really excited about in the summer.

This a joke about the properties of sheet metal? If so round of applause for LCcfox93 👏 

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

I think it's been clear right from the off under Rodgers that he doesn't really rate him. He acknowledged just how good he was for us at the back end of last season but was more than happy to drop him once his form starting to waiver. 

It's harsh as he's evidently a very good goalscorer and creator but he is at his most devastating in a front 2 and the only player that has ever benefitted us in a 3-4-1-2 is Iheanacho. He's had less success in a 4-4-2 and I'm not sure why we haven't played rhe diamond more this season with him and Daka or Vardy bit the momentum we saw off the bench in the early part of the season that he'd carried forward from last seasons unreal 2nd half of the season has now gone.

I just think Rodgers doesn't appreciate his ability and instead seems to focus on his weaknesses which are his first touch and pressing. He's the one player that Rodgers seems to love to remind the press of his faults or what he'd done wrong in games, even when he was on that ridiculous scoring run and winning us games on his own.really weird.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think it's been clear right from the off under Rodgers that he doesn't really rate him. He acknowledged just how good he was for us at the back end of last season but was more than happy to drop him once his form starting to waiver. 

It's harsh as he's evidently a very good goalscorer and creator but he is at his most devastating in a front 2 and the only player that has ever benefitted us in a 3-4-1-2 is Iheanacho. He's had less success in a 4-4-2 and I'm not sure why we haven't played rhe diamond more this season with him and Daka or Vardy bit the momentum we saw off the bench in the early part of the season that he'd carried forward from last seasons unreal 2nd half of the season has now gone.

I just think Rodgers doesn't appreciate his ability and instead seems to focus on his weaknesses which are his first touch and pressing. He's the one player that Rodgers seems to love to remind the press of his faults or what he'd done wrong in games, even when he was on that ridiculous scoring run and winning us games on his own.really weird.

Yeah - I can see that he doesn’t fit the way Rogers like to play, but despite him having a fabulous attitude Rogers seems to go out of his way to criticise him.

I am generally a Rogers fan, but this is something that doesn’t sit well. Yesterday Daka looked gassed from about 65 mins and we needed someone who could hold the ball in the attacking half.

For me, Kel could play up top on his own, in a Firminho type role. He doesn’t have the touch, but he has got the strength to hold the ball up and he also has the ability to break the lines with turns and dribbles, which creates chances for others. He’s also good for a goal himself.

34 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Yeah - I can see that he doesn’t fit the way Rogers like to play, but despite him having a fabulous attitude Rogers seems to go out of his way to criticise him.

I am generally a Rogers fan, but this is something that doesn’t sit well. Yesterday Daka looked gassed from about 65 mins and we needed someone who could hold the ball in the attacking half.

For me, Kel could play up top on his own, in a Firminho type role. He doesn’t have the touch, but he has got the strength to hold the ball up and he also has the ability to break the lines with turns and dribbles, which creates chances for others. He’s also good for a goal himself.

That was the exact sub he made on Thursday when I think rather than taking Daka off should have been Iheanacho on for Maddison instead.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

A lot easier when you have have a Salah one side and and Mane the other.

He's never going to play up front on his own without us having a decent RW who has pace.

Nacho is too nice for he's own good, most players would be knocking the manager door down. 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What bothers me about our current squad is that, if we had a manager that could actually coach 352, we'd be fvcking golden. 

Injuries aside, I think we have a much better squad here for Antonio Conte (I'm not suggesting he'd come here btw) than Spurs actually do. Assuming everyone was fit he has basically all the right ingredients for a devastating side. 

Kasper 

Wes, Evans, Soyuncu 

Ricardo, Ndidi, Tielemans, Justin 

Maddison 

Iheanacho, Daka/Vards 

Quite frankly that would be a phenomenal team if we had a manager that could actually coach a high pressing, high intensity style that gave his wing backs genuine licence to get forward. 

Unfortunately for us, Rodgers has proven he's absolutely, completely incapable of coaching a 352. I absolutely loathe his version of 352 because it's invariably a horrifically narrow back five playing slow, turgid football incapable of breaking anyone down. 

TLDR: keep Nacho, bin off Rodgers instead and get Gasperini in. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, MPH said:

I’m expecting a Barry Fry style summer transfer window. At one point Birmingham had 37 professionals on the books. I’d bloody love that!

Good idea, worked last time. 

lc5436-032.jpeg?width=1050

If I remember correctly that season went pretty well. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MPH said:

I’m expecting a Barry Fry style summer transfer window. At one point Birmingham had 37 professionals on the books. I’d bloody love that!

I recall a pundit at the time comparing it to to his wine cellar - cheap, low quality and lots of it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

Getting rid of Iheanacho would be a massive mistake. This guy has shown how good he can be if you give him a run of games, his figures for goals and also assists per minute are very good. With a full season he'd get 25-30 goals in the premier league. Any "over achieving side" outside the top six would build a team around him.

If we sell him we will massively regret it when he scores loads for another premier league team and then goes to Chelsea for 80 million when they realise he's better than Lukaku.

Why we aren't playing him is baffling.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Getting rid of Iheanacho would be a massive mistake. This guy has shown how good he can be if you give him a run of games, his figures for goals and also assists per minute are very good. With a full season he'd get 25-30 goals in the premier league. Any "over achieving side" outside the top six would build a team around him.

If we sell him we will massively regret it when he scores loads for another premier league team and then goes to Chelsea for 80 million when they realise he's better than Lukaku.

Why we aren't playing him is baffling.

I don’t think he is quite that good, but I think he is likely to score into the high teens if he had a full season of games.

11 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

I don’t think he is quite that good, but I think he is likely to score into the high teens if he had a full season of games.

11 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Is capable of scoring some cracking goals but is also more likely to lose the ball in situations that allow counter attacks. Not good at holding the ball up and believe he is better in a front two which is probably why he has limited game time.

• Like 2

On 14/02/2022 at 17:22, Kevin Russell said:

I agree. Sometimes the best defence is giving the opposition too much to think about, in particular, putting their defence in fear and on the back foot (rather yhan pissing around at the back and inviting teams onto you).

Yes, Iheanacho can hold the ball up and has proved himself to be a fox in the box. Clearly he's not as effective as a lone target man type of striker. I do think however he's more than capable of playing in a very fluid front 3 though, he didn't do too bad with just Vardy to his left last season did he!

I think a front 3 of Vardy, Iheanacho and Daka, or, Barnes, Iheanacho and Daka has the potential of frightening many a team to death! Who would they pick up? Each one of them can be a handful. With a fully fit Ricardo and JJ in a back four running from deep and a solid midfield 3 to protect a back 4, I think it's very doable. Throw in a few quick balls over the top or down the channels, mix it up a bit, I don't see many opposition back 4s risking a high press against that sort of pace and firepower.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I agree. Sometimes the best defence is giving the opposition too much to think about, in particular, putting their defence in fear and on the back foot (rather yhan pissing around at the back and inviting teams onto you).

Yes, Iheanacho can hold the ball up and has proved himself to be a fox in the box. Clearly he's not as effective as a lone target man type of striker. I do think however he's more than capable of playing in a very fluid front 3 though, he didn't do too bad with just Vardy to his left last season did he!

I think a front 3 of Vardy, Iheanacho and Daka, or, Barnes, Iheanacho and Daka has the potential of frightening many a team to death! Who would they pick up? Each one of them can be a handful. With a fully fit Ricardo and JJ in a back four running from deep and a solid midfield 3 to protect a back 4, I think it's very doable. Throw in a few quick balls over the top or down the channels, mix it up a bit, I don't see many opposition back 4s risking a high press against that sort of pace and firepower.

I can’t help but think the narrative that ‘he only plays well in a 2’ was put together to justify why players like Perez were being selected ahead of him. once Perez was picked to play up top on his own ahead of Kel, despite having less pace, strength and skill.

For me, Kel was underwhelming when he first arrived, but since that Everton game at the beginning of of the 19-20 season he has been consistently v good for us. He scores, he links play and he assists - he’s not someone who plays on the shoulder like Vardy, so it’s clear we need to set up differently when he plays, but I would like to see him be rewarded with the chances that he has earned.

Yes, he has some clumsy moments and can frustrate a bit, but it has always been painfully obvious that he’s got so much more to his game than the likes of Perez. He also makes other players look better and is good for the side overall 

• Like 3

On 16/02/2022 at 11:31, Kevin Russell said:

I can’t help but think the narrative that ‘he only plays well in a 2’ was put together to justify why players like Perez were being selected ahead of him. once Perez was picked to play up top on his own ahead of Kel, despite having less pace, strength and skill.

For me, Kel was underwhelming when he first arrived, but since that Everton game at the beginning of of the 19-20 season he has been consistently v good for us. He scores, he links play and he assists - he’s not someone who plays on the shoulder like Vardy, so it’s clear we need to set up differently when he plays, but I would like to see him be rewarded with the chances that he has earned.

Yes, he has some clumsy moments and can frustrate a bit, but it has always been painfully obvious that he’s got so much more to his game than the likes of Perez. He also makes other players look better and is good for the side overall 

He can play on his own but his all round game is too unpredictable. He either has a sensational touch or a donkeys. I always say to my wife, if his first touch of a game is good he will score. 

It it actually has some legs. Seems to just be one of those guys that has great games or bad ones, nothing in the middle