Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

19 minutes ago, MPH said:

So where is the quote from the player or someone at the club where it says he's rejected Leeds?

This is an Italian journalist's "spin".  It's not fact.

Leeds have had a bid accepted by Bruges and continue to want to land him.  I'm not sure why we'd be doing that if the player had rejected us.....

Edited by Pub breath

To add, I think he does clearly prefer Milan.  Who can blame him?  The Leeds docks are great and the weather is obviously a big pull in West Yorkshire but we can't offer Champions League football.

Edited by Pub breath

2 hours ago, Pub breath said:

So where is the quote from the player or someone at the club where it says he's rejected Leeds?

This is an Italian journalist's "spin".  It's not fact.

Leeds have had a bid accepted by Bruges and continue to want to land him.  I'm not sure why we'd be doing that if the player had rejected us.....

Please don’t be one of those guys that thinks players have to  do all the talking… this was from a Leeds website. If anyone  is  going to be hopeful of a deal going through it would be them, but they are not. They have accepted he’s rejected them,  but pub breath of Foxestalk knows better lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pub breath said:

To add, I think he does clearly prefer Milan.  Who can blame him?  The Leeds docks are great and the weather is obviously a big pull in West Yorkshire but we can't offer Champions League football.

Let it go man. He had decided to move to us. The deal was done long ago. We can't afford him tho as we have been unable to offload. Milan are likely to pick him.up, but both player and club brugge  are waiting on our money in case it eventually comes up. 

Mentioning Allan Clarke, Johnny Giles, Peter lorimer, Billy bremner and Gary sprake to a 21 year old Belgian doesn't cut it anymore. It doesn't even cut it with me, and I was born and the 70s. 

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Please don’t be one of those guys that thinks players have to  do all the talking… this was from a Leeds website. If anyone  is  going to be hopeful of a deal going through it would be them, but they are not. They have accepted he’s rejected them,  but pub breath of Foxestalk knows better lol

Thankfully, i'm not.  I'm one of those guys who thinks a random Italian journalist's use of language in a headline isn't a reliable way to detemrine the facts of a situation where is might be beneficial for them to use language in a biased fashoin, to make people reach conclusions that aren't real and help obtain clicks and loyalty from their core readership.  I can't see why a Leeds site picking up the article makes the slightest differnece to anything.

I'm also one of those guys that thinks the words of a manager of a club involved directly in a tranfer situation, are probably more reliable than those of a journalist, who isn't.

"I’d say we’re actively pursuing both [left-back and striker] positions," he said while on the club's pre-season tour of Australia. "The striker one, I think it’s been well-documented that De Ketelaere was a goal of ours and it’s not finished yet with him.

Marsch from 3 days ago.  If CDK has said "no" to Leeds, why the hell are we not finished with him?

22 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Thankfully, i'm not.  I'm one of those guys who thinks a random Italian journalist's use of language in a headline isn't a reliable way to detemrine the facts of a situation where is might be beneficial for them to use language in a biased fashoin, to make people reach conclusions that aren't real and help obtain clicks and loyalty from their core readership.  I can't see why a Leeds site picking up the article makes the slightest differnece to anything.

I'm also one of those guys that thinks the words of a manager of a club involved directly in a tranfer situation, are probably more reliable than those of a journalist, who isn't.

"I’d say we’re actively pursuing both [left-back and striker] positions," he said while on the club's pre-season tour of Australia. "The striker one, I think it’s been well-documented that De Ketelaere was a goal of ours and it’s not finished yet with him.

Marsch from 3 days ago.  If CDK has said "no" to Leeds, why the hell are we not finished with him?

haha. But it’s not just a random journalist is it. And ‘we’ makes sense now.

but keep living in denial if you want to. Good luck in your persuit of him lol

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

haha. But it’s not just a random journalist is it. And ‘we’ makes sense now.

but keep living in denial if you want to. Good luck in your persuit of him lol

So he's definitely said no to Leeds because an Italian journo said so?

Do you always believe everything written by journalists, out of curiosity?

12 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

But it’s not just one journalist. There’s so  But don’t worry… I’m sure you know better than all the journalists reporting it…

13 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

No just the obviously true stuff, like this.

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

But it’s not just one journalist. There’s so  But don’t worry… I’m sure you know better than all the journalists reporting it…

Who else has said this?  I've seen some say he prefers Milan but that's not at all the same thing.

I don't profess to knowing anything.  I've simply asked for some evidence that the player has said no to Leeds, which you've not been able to come up with.  No sense in straw manning this.

Why are Leeds still keeping this deal alive if the player has said "no"?

Edited by Pub breath

20 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Because they're hoping the higher they push their offer, perhaps Brugge would nudge CDK in their direction. 

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Because they're hoping the higher they push their offer, perhaps Brugge would nudge CDK in their direction. 

Not sure we'll increase the offer.  The offer was accepted weeks ago. 

The scenario here is that the player wants to go to Milan.  That's clear.  Who can blame him?  Great city, amazing old stadium and champions league football.

But, Leeds have had the largest bid accepted.  There isn't a shred of evicence that the player has rejected Leeds, just that he prefers Milan.  If that deal can't be concluded, the player then has the option to reject or accept ours. 

If he declines then, he has rejected Leeds.  Until then, he hasn't.

31 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Who else has said this?  I've seen some say he prefers Milan but that's not at all the same thing.

I don't profess to knowing anything.  I've simply asked for some evidence that the player has said no to Leeds, which you've not been able to come up with.  No sense in straw manning this.

What a strange hill to die on…

2 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Not sure we'll increase the offer.  The offer was accepted weeks ago. 

The scenario here is that the player wants to go to Milan.  That's clear.  Who can blame him?  Great city, amazing old stadium and champions league football.

But, Leeds have had the largest bid accepted.  There isn't a shred of evicence that the player has rejected Leeds, just that he prefers Milan.  If that deal can't be concluded, the player then has the option to reject or accept ours. 

If he declines then, he has rejected Leeds.  Until then, he hasn't.

Just don't see why he'd tie himself down at Leeds lmfao

He can just stay at Brugge and not have any worry about adapting abroad before the WC which is what Martinez actually asked for. 

Then either in January or next summer his price will have come down and literally every UCL club with a gap in their attack is going to be after him. 

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

Just don't see why he'd tie himself down at Leeds lmfao

He can just stay at Brugge and not have any worry about adapting abroad before the WC which is what Martinez actually asked for. 

Then either in January or next summer his price will have come down and literally every UCL club with a gap in their attack is going to be after him. 

That's the way you see it and it's fine but you're not the player.

I have no idea if he comes or not but he definitely hasn't said no, which was the only point being contested.

1 minute ago, Pub breath said:

That's the way you see it and it's fine but you're not the player.

I have no idea if he comes or not but he definitely hasn't said no, which was the only point being contested.

holy **** mate, go and touch some grass

you're on a rival teams forum arguing why your club is an attractive destination for one of Europe's biggest talents when you've clearly just escaped relegation lol

Can't wait for him to end up literally anywhere but Leeds

Edited by LFox99

6 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Arguing on a Leicester forum why a Club Brugge player will join Leeds over Milan and Leicester lollollollol

bit odd indeed

Not arguing.  Just debating.  I've been a memeber for yonks and read the forum regularly.  I'll usually only post if Leeds related.  Can't see much odd in that.