Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

Hey come on mate.  One of the things I like about this forum is its generally a fairly civil place to have a debate.  Generally. 

It's not like the chap is being a dick about it.  I think it's interesting to have another fans perspective about something and get out the ol' echo chamber now and then.  

Not like he's a Forest fan 🤭

I get that, but theres a line to be drawn when they think that despite placing just outside the relegation places, that they've got a realistic shot at signing a player like CDK. 

Id honestly say there's more of a chance we somehow flog Iheanacho and put a bid in for CDK than him agreeing to join Leeds. It'd be an utter wasteful move for him. 

4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I get that, but theres a line to be drawn when they think that despite placing just outside the relegation places, that they've got a realistic shot at signing a player like CDK. 

Id honestly say there's more of a chance we somehow flog Iheanacho and put a bid in for CDK than him agreeing to join Leeds. It'd be an utter wasteful move for him. 

I totally agree.

But if pub breath wants to come and debate that here, it's okay isn't it? By all means shoot him down for that, but the fact he's a Leeds fan having a bit of chat on our forum isn't an issue to me personally.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

@Pub breath out of interest how do you see you guys doing with the likes of Phillips and Raphinha?

Confident of a better season then last year? 

A complete unkown tbh.  I'm never sure you can gauge too much from pre-season matches but the CM looks like it may have been well recruited in.  We may miss Phillips very little.  Raph is the big one.  His replacement has had few minutes and tweaked his hammy.  We need another goalscorer in.

Bamford back is a huge plus.  He's just as important as those two players we lost but barely played last season.  I also think young Gelhardt will be a bg thing this season.  He's a fabulous talent.

If I was pushed, i'd suggest 14th/15 but total stab in the dark.

Edited by Pub breath
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pub breath said:

Who else has said this?  I've seen some say he prefers Milan but that's not at all the same thing.

I don't profess to knowing anything.  I've simply asked for some evidence that the player has said no to Leeds, which you've not been able to come up with.  No sense in straw manning this.

Why are Leeds still keeping this deal alive if the player has said "no"?

The story is coming out of Belgium not Italy..  And it’s not that I’m “ unable to come up with” ‘ evidence’…. Google it your self you lazy bugger.. I don’t have to prove anything.  

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

The story is coming out of Belgium not Italy..  And it’s not that I’m “ unable to come up with” ‘ evidence’…. Google it your self you lazy bugger.. I don’t have to prove anything.  

I did that and there isn't anything.  If there was anything solid, you would have shared it by now so we both know that there isn't.  Just journo chat.

45 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Just don't see why he'd tie himself down at Leeds lmfao

He can just stay at Brugge and not have any worry about adapting abroad before the WC which is what Martinez actually asked for. 

Then either in January or next summer his price will have come down and literally every UCL club with a gap in their attack is going to be after him. 

....if he has a good World Cup, his price will be pushed up!!!

His contract expires in June 2024, I cannot see his price dropping.

18 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

I did that and there isn't anything.  If there was anything solid, you would have shared it by now so we both know that there isn't.  Just journo chat.

It’s all out there, but you seem to think it might not be true and by somehow me not sending you a link makes you feel you might still sign him?

the other possibility is you’re trying to get into a silly internet argument just for the sake of it..

so which one is it?

Edited by MPH

23 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

A complete unkown tbh.  I'm never sure you can gauge too much from pre-season matches but the CM looks like it may have been well recruited in.  We may miss Phillips very little.  Raph is the big one.  His replacement has had few minutes and tweaked his hammy.  We need another goalscorer in.

Bamford back is a huge plus.  He's just as important as those two players we lost but barely played last season.  I also think young Gelhardt will be a bg thing this season.  He's a fabulous talent.

I thought he was a massive miss for you last season.

Would that be enough to keep JM in his job?

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I thought he was a massive miss for you last season.

Would that be enough to keep JM in his job?

I think he's going to do ok you know.  I've warmed to him.  We don't half still look vulnerable at the back though, players just breaking our high line time and again in pre-season, just racing clear through on goal.  Tad concerning.

I think he'll see out the season though, unless the iunjury crisis returns.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

We agreed a fee for Gelhardt and it fell through for some reason, gutted to have missed out on him.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We agreed a fee for Gelhardt and it fell through for some reason, gutted to have missed out on him.

Didn't know that.  Yeah, you missed out there, he's bloody ace.  This will be his proper breakout season, defences don't really seem to know how to handle him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

Huh? No, Club Brugge are holding out for a €35m bid, AC Milan's current offer only totals €32m

Leeds United are keeping the door open for the potential record-breaking signing of Charles De Ketelaere as Victor Orta remains hopeful of a summer coup. The Whites have reportedly had a €40million (around £34million) tabled for weeks and are primed to act swiftly, should the opportunity arise.

Edited by Deeg67

Wonder if this is true? It basically says

#ACMilan seems to have abandoned the De Ketelaere file. #ClubBrugge dropped the price to below 35 million euros, Milan still does not meet. File is almost closed. @hlnsport

https://www.hln.be/club-brugge/ac-milan-ziet-voorlopig-af-van-de-ketelaere-die-zich-mentaal-niet-klaar-voelt-om-te-spelen-en-ontbreekt-tegen-genk~ae9e5290/

AC Milan are out of the CDK fight, they were linked with so many, some were bound to be balls

Edited by Dahnsouff

As it doesn’t look like we will be buying before selling this is all pretty much moot. This guy would be an exceptionally good addition to the squad. I guess what we need, ideally, is Man Utd and Arsenal getting into a Johnny Big Balls tussle over Tieleman’s. Otherwise it’s just going to stagnate. 

I mean it appears we could have had £15 million for Vesty, similar for Soumare, but turned them both down. I’m not entirely sure what our strategy is, but it does not appear to be that of supporting Rodger’s team rebuild. 

10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

As it doesn’t look like we will be buying before selling this is all pretty much moot. This guy would be an exceptionally good addition to the squad. I guess what we need, ideally, is Man Utd and Arsenal getting into a Johnny Big Balls tussle over Tieleman’s. Otherwise it’s just going to stagnate. 

I mean it appears we could have had £15 million for Vesty, similar for Soumare, but turned them both down. I’m not entirely sure what our strategy is, but it does not appear to be that of supporting Rodger’s team rebuild. 

We are just one of a number of clubs that has spent hundreds of millions on square pegs and I say that because they are the wrong players not bad players. Our owners are now risk averse. I expect an occasional purchase , very carefully researched in future.

23 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We are just one of a number of clubs that has spent hundreds of millions on square pegs and I say that because they are the wrong players not bad players. Our owners are now risk averse. I expect an occasional purchase , very carefully researched in future.

...by all accounts, so was Vestergaard!!!

45 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

No chance, they didn't offer that. 

You believe that, you'll believe anything. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wonder if this is true? It basically says

#ACMilan seems to have abandoned the De Ketelaere file. #ClubBrugge dropped the price to below 35 million euros, Milan still does not meet. File is almost closed. @hlnsport

https://www.hln.be/club-brugge/ac-milan-ziet-voorlopig-af-van-de-ketelaere-die-zich-mentaal-niet-klaar-voelt-om-te-spelen-en-ontbreekt-tegen-genk~ae9e5290/

AC Milan are out of the CDK fight, they were linked with so many, some were bound to be balls

It's still irrelevant til we sell people and we don't seem to be any closer.