Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

12 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He has never suggested he wants to play for us or indeed in the PL and the only way to get such players is to make him an offer he can't refuse I.e. far more than anybody else. That was never going to happen.

...did he ever say anything to the contrary!!!

Still feel he could have come here, this just happened at the wrong time, he would have transformed the way we played if played up top on his own or as a two.

On 28/07/2022 at 21:35, honeybradger said:

Apparently willing to reduce his already agreed upon salary with Milan to get the deal done. We never stood a chance and I feel sorry for the people that emotionally invest in these sorts of transfers every year.

....there is a genuine individual we have allowed to pass through our fingers!!!

13 hours ago, Sly said:

Fantastic news. I for one, am glad we didn’t sign him. Not what we needed. 

...perhaps your right that he was not what we needed as I could see Rodgers playing him on the RW or as an Inside Right!!!

For me he is a totally different  player upfront or, as a SS, and I  do worry about  Nacho and Daka being able to give us what we need upfront. 

It should  be interesting how he will be deployed for the coming season, as if he is used correctly, we do not get a shot at this again.

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, K789 said:

Just read that he's being criticized over thete for anonymous performances

...at the back end of his time at Club Brugge he wasn't getting much pitch time!!!

Playing him wide on the right, he was never really in the games. I have been looking at his game time at  A C, and being new to the group, he is getting the occasional 45 mins here and there. I do wonder if he will settle there.

Nb.

He started tonight in a 2- 1 victory over Sampdoria,  playing in the #10 role.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.
  • Like 2

i’ve quite often checked their line ups and scorers etc. He seems to be first choice number 10 but so far i’ve not seen a goal or assist. I think he had one ruled out by var yesterday 

Another who i’ve kept an eye on is trincao, we had some good conversations about him in pre-season and I think we all felt he had the potential to hit far higher numbers than at wolves. It’s a shame we didn’t take a punt on a loan for him because he’s been amazing for sporting so far 

Edited by Lambert09

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i’ve quite often checked their line ups and scorers etc. He seems to be first choice number 10 but so far i’ve not seen a goal or assist. I think he had one ruled out by var yesterday 

Another who i’ve kept an eye on is trincao, we had some good conversations about him in pre-season and I think we all felt he had the potential to hit far higher numbers than at wolves. It’s a shame we didn’t take a punt on a loan for him because he’s been amazing for sporting so far 

...he (Trincao) seems to look to find a situation where he is supported by fellow country men!!!

Wolves and now Sporting are his destinations and you get the impression that he would be reluctant to go elsewhere unless his language is foremost in his environment. 

I would rather have Tete playing for us.

...I  have just watched him in a game against Bologna on YouTube, which was 2 weeks  ago!!!

He does not look like a player who wants to be there. In comparison to playing for Club Brugge. I  suspect he was really focused on coming here, but with all the financial problems and the inability to get bodies out, it never happened. 

Not sure why anyone would want to play him as #10, a second striker maybe, but he needs to play as a CF.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  have just watched him in a game against Bologna on YouTube, which was 2 weeks  ago!!!

He does not look like a player who wants to be there. In comparison to playing for Club Brugge. I  suspect he was really focused on coming here, but with all the financial problems and the inability to get bodies out, it never happened. 

Not sure why anyone would want to play him as #10, a second striker maybe, but he needs to play as a CF.

Judging by our current shambles , he must be glad he dodged our bullet.