Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

23 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i’ve quite often checked their line ups and scorers etc. He seems to be first choice number 10 but so far i’ve not seen a goal or assist. I think he had one ruled out by var yesterday 

Another who i’ve kept an eye on is trincao, we had some good conversations about him in pre-season and I think we all felt he had the potential to hit far higher numbers than at wolves. It’s a shame we didn’t take a punt on a loan for him because he’s been amazing for sporting so far 

Milan fans are raving about De Ketelaere

You don't see his impact in the stats so far, only if you fully watch their games. He's already had 3 or 4 incredible sequences where he wriggled out of a tight spot, initiated the attack and ended up getting the pre-assist for the following goal 

8 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Milan fans are raving about De Ketelaere

You don't see his impact in the stats so far, only if you fully watch their games. He's already had 3 or 4 incredible sequences where he wriggled out of a tight spot, initiated the attack and ended up getting the pre-assist for the following goal 

real shame we missed out on him. In hindsight we should have all realised we had big problems when we weren’t bidding for this guy 

but at least if he’s doing well it shows that we had scouted well again 

• Like 4

That’s the only positive I can take out of this whole mess is we have scouted good players that most def would have enhanced or refreshed our squad as Rogers likes to say. Just frustrating we could do sod all about other than window show while being skint.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Sly said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/leeds-united/exclusive-orta-offer-euro-giants-immediate-relief-transfer-flop-shock-loan-approach-made

He hasn’t clicked at Milan.

Leeds are back in for him. 

Just wait for the links to us to start as well.

Then there will be the posts saying Brendan can make him play well. Nothing is ever learned .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sly said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/leeds-united/exclusive-orta-offer-euro-giants-immediate-relief-transfer-flop-shock-loan-approach-made

He hasn’t clicked at Milan.

Leeds are back in for him. 

Just wait for the links to us to start as well.

Loan with an option to buy, the exact sort of deal we get stung for on players who don't immediately settle here.

• 2 months later...

Not sure we would benefit from a versatile player. Feel like we've had too many jack of all trade types or played out of position like praet or Perez. Not saying this guy isn't good because I know nothing of him, I'd just rather we go for players specifically for each position for a system. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Not sure we would benefit from a versatile player. Feel like we've had too many jack of all trade types or played out of position like praet or Perez. Not saying this guy isn't good because I know nothing of him, I'd just rather we go for players specifically for each position for a system. 

I’m sure a versatile forward is what we were after  in Harrison due to him being able to play on both wings as well as in behind the st… these type of players are 100% needed if not you’d have to be bringing in 3 squad players over 1, I guess the problems come about when you bring in players for the starting 11 “who can play” in a certain position aka Castagne who was signed as a LB despite him being a RWB as he could play there! That sort of stuff we need to knock on the head and it was nice this window to see us bringing in starters (not squad players) in positions we actually needed with that position being their bread and butter

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

alternatively, we can’t afford to splash  30m on  cover for 2-3 different positions.not other than, getting a ‘ hot prospect’ who can only  cover one positions means that will develop more slowly. Having a ‘hot prospect’ who can cover several positions means he’ll get more games, develop more quickly and who knows might make one of them his  own.

• Like 1

Remember how closely we were linked with him, and then all of a sudden we're weren't in the mix.

A Belgian journalist at the time questioned what had happened with our interest. And then we found out a few weeks later why as the owners felt we couldn't spend any money without outgoings. 

18 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Not doing too well at Milan. Summer transfer?

Milan are a bit of a mess this season, I'd not be surprised to see him still part of the new look squad once they attempt to rectify it. Not quite sure how they've suddenly bombed so badly after being immense last year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Remember how closely we were linked with him, and then all of a sudden we're weren't in the mix.

A Belgian journalist at the time questioned what had happened with our interest. And then we found out a few weeks later why as the owners felt we couldn't spend any money without outgoings. 

...always felt he believed he was on the way to us, the Belgian players here would have helped him settle in so well!!!

On 09/02/2023 at 02:58, Ric Flair said:

Milan are a bit of a mess this season, I'd not be surprised to see him still part of the new look squad once they attempt to rectify it. Not quite sure how they've suddenly bombed so badly after being immense last year.

Injuries, especially to Maignan who carried them last season.