Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Charles De Ketelaere

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He can play on his own but his all round game is too unpredictable. He either has a sensational touch or a donkeys. I always say to my wife, if his first touch of a game is good he will score. 

It it actually has some legs. Seems to just be one of those guys that has great games or bad ones, nothing in the middle 

...can't say that I agree with you on this, we have seen that he cannot play the lone strikers role!!!

He is very much an instinctive player and the lone role leaves him exposed. His natural inclination, is to drop into the #10 spot and have players ahead of him, he can then use them as decoy or link with them.

We seem to be making the same errors as Rodgers, do not leave him exposed upfront, his touch will not be good as he will have too much time to think about bringing the ball under control. With less time to think, he has a quality touch and awareness about him.

• Like 2

Iheanacho has some delightful moments. I rarely think he improves the team.  

His finishing can be exquisite but much of the time he us acting as a link player.

We should probably sell him.  His strengths and the team's style of ay are at odds.

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Which should tell you, never judge a player via YouTube 

True 👍but what I am saying is that if they are his best clips I'm not overly impressed. Happy to be proven wrong.

Edited by oldbluefox
Added to the original post

Daka is young and has moved to the PL from abroad, most managers expect it to take 12 months for a player to settle.

Thought he was bought as the replacement for Vardy, still time for him to step up and be a loan striker.

Iheanacho will never play as a lone striker, doesn't have the skills. His first touch at times can be woeful, the idea that he,could end up at Real Madrid or a replacement for Harry Kane seems ludicrous to me.

All this talk of how if Pep had him he'd be the perfect striker is laughable.

imo

On 03/03/2022 at 08:50, volpeazzurro said:

Or, if he continued to score 12 goals in about half a season to be our top goalscorer again, when played 'regularly', it might stop us having to spend millions on another goalscorer who won't be proven because we can't afford a ready made one.

Only Rodgers would leave the previous season's top goalscorer on the bench of the next season because it doesn't fit his philosophy, agenda and ego. It's going really well isn't it? Neither is Daka best as a loan striker but he'll no doubt persist with that as well until he loses his confidence as well. He'll be sticking Vestergaard up front next. 

In fairness, I think Iheanacho was at his best in a 3-5-2 and I don't think, with all our injuries and the poor form of Vestergaard in particular, that we've really had much of a chance to play that formation.

Other than that, his next best position would be Maddison's but obviously Madders is in sensational form. When Iheanacho leads the line, I think his overall game suffers and he's more suited to a supporting striker/creative role, that's when he gets the bulk of his goals and assists.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

In fairness, I think Iheanacho was at his best in a 3-5-2 and I don't think, with all our injuries and the poor form of Vestergaard in particular, that we've really had much of a chance to play that formation.

Other than that, his next best position would be Maddison's but obviously Madders is in sensational form. When Iheanacho leads the line, I think his overall game suffers and he's more suited to a supporting striker/creative role, that's when he gets the bulk of his goals and assists.

He's recently been playing a 433. Lookman lightweight and not very impressive but in fairness, is better on the left, his more natural position. 

With that in mind how about Barnes, Iheanacho and Daka? Lookman, Iheanacho and Daka or, when fit, even Vardy, Iheanacho and Daka? Many of Iheanacho's goals came when Vardy was assisting him from the left.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

....I feel we have had the opportunity to play that style but Rodgers only wants to play with a 1 up front!!!

There have been options to adjust and support the strikers, especially when Vardy was not available but, we just did not look to go with two up top.

• Like 1

....game over, 3-1 to Club Brugge, not a good game to judge him on as he was not involved in any significant way!!!

Nothing seemed to run for him and he more or less stayed in the middle making himself available and lay off short easy passes. He is the one who moves and makes himself available for their throw ins but on watching this you cannot seem to get too excited or see where he would fit in our team.

They had a substitute (Lang) who came on for the last 15 minutes and he was an absolute live wire. You could see a player like that being successful here, it leaves a lot of questions against De Ketelaere.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Thanks 3

On 23/02/2022 at 18:59, sacreblueits442 said:

...can't say that I agree with you on this, we have seen that he cannot play the lone strikers role!!!

He is very much an instinctive player and the lone role leaves him exposed. His natural inclination, is to drop into the #10 spot and have players ahead of him, he can then use them as decoy or link with them.

We seem to be making the same errors as Rodgers, do not leave him exposed upfront, his touch will not be good as he will have too much time to think about bringing the ball under control. With less time to think, he has a quality touch and awareness about him.

So we'd sign a third striker who's best with a strike partner that Rodgers refuses to play? Doesn't bode well really then. In fairness I know very little about him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

So we'd sign a third striker who's best with a strike partner that Rodgers refuses to play? Doesn't bode well really then. In fairness I know very little about him. 

I agree no point cuz Rodgers won’t play 2 up top unfortunately. He don’t when we’re 2 down with 30 to play waste of time. He’s unreal aswell and he could be lethal with Daka or kelechi 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

.. no, we do not have to bring in someone else to play with him!!!

If we played him as a false 9 then he would effectively be playing in a way that suits his game. I have for some time advocated that he moves on to a team willing to use him properly.  As we play with one striker it is not something that suits his game.

We need a player capable of linking our game and a different type of player to Vardy, so that one style of play, would no longer tie our hands with how the rest of the team interacted.

We appear to have moved to a 4-3-3 recently with the middle three as good as possible that it can be, but we are still struggling with Maddison who we seem to look to tuck in on the right, with Barnes on the left, we need a striker to come short for the ball and have the awareness to run into space where he is a decoy as opposed to being the one expected to be on the end if moves. The right side is what we all know requires an immediate resolution and even if Tielemans goes, a deeper lying role for Maddison may frustrate him and his ambitions.

There will have to be an exodus of at least 3 first team players in order to resolve the situation. 

• Like 1

Or one first team manager…

De Ketelaere in many ways represents the Platonic ideal of the player we should be targeting: mega-talented, advanced enough to help right away, not quite at the level (yet) where the big boys will overpay for him.  He has Leicester/Dortmund/Atalanta written all over him.  But I agree, he’s not a good fit with Rodgers’ rigid stylistic guardrails and likely wouldn’t work as things stand.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1