Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Other clubs transfer news

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

The manager was from Australia so I guess he has a knowledge of the eastern teams 

4 hours ago, Scotch said:

I think Celtic signing half of the Japanese national team pretty bizarre. 

Managed in Japan before Celtic and the Japanese lad they've already got has just about been their best player.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

The manager was from Australia so I guess he has a knowledge of the eastern teams 

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Managed in Japan before Celtic and the Japanese lad they've already got has just about been their best player.

Oh, I understand that but its still weird. Games after the international break are going to be tough for them after travel. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is a genuine concern. Especially as we're looking to buy in the same market right now, they can just buy anyone we want.

We won't do any permanent business this month. It's over 4 years since we've bought anyone permanently this month, and that was Diabete.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We won't do any permanent business this month. It's over 4 years since we've bought anyone permanently this month, and that was Diabete.

Thank you, CT. We’re all depressed now. 

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Anyone of diabete’s quality comes in and Barnes had to go! Can’t have him sitting on the bench. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
24 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Thank you, CT. We’re all depressed now. 

And if you want me to permanently piss on your chips...

I know categorically that one year a journalist wrote a story about a club that wasn't signing anyone in jan and the manager and DOF confirmed so.... the paper then decided not to run the story because it was bad for business. You then had a month of silly stories.

DO NOT FALL FOR ANY OF IT.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And if you want me to permanently piss on your chips...

I know categorically that one year a journalist wrote a story about a club that wasn't signing anyone in jan and the manager and DOF confirmed so.... the paper then decided not to run the story because it was bad for business. You then had a month of silly stories.

DO NOT FALL FOR ANY OF IT.

“Leicester lead the list of potential suitors, with Everton, West Ham and Newcastle also vying for the player’s signature.”

Everton sign 20year old RB Nathan Patterson from Rangers for 12m, after purchasing the 22year old LB Mykolenko for around 17m. Rafa seems to have money to spend and strengthening the defense buying youngsters, we need to do some activity quickly, buy the kid from Aberdeen and the Belgium guy and maybe also a hardworking 20 something South American player

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Patterson seems a good buy, especially at the price. 6ft 3 we could certainly do with some of that.

We should have put a bid in just to upset Everton.

Interesting that they seem to be really backing Rafa. I would have thought he was just 1-2 bad results away from the sack 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turlo said:

Must be getting some mega ££££ to want that move

Madness that Atlético only got £12m (+add ons) out of the now richest club in football for him. Decent signing for them but the only head turner for him being the money. Imagine going from playing in sunny Spain and champions league to now playing in the championship next season. 

14 minutes ago, turlo said:

Must be getting some mega ££££ to want that move

How on earth have they wrangled that low a fee? He's a full England international, their first choice RB, and they're a Champions League, title-winning team. Ignore the wages side, why have Atletico accepted??

55 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Interesting that they seem to be really backing Rafa. I would have thought he was just 1-2 bad results away from the sack 

He's a good player. Garentee of international football given he's the only decent RB Scotland have too. He'll rack up the caps. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

How on earth have they wrangled that low a fee? He's a full England international, their first choice RB, and they're a Champions League, title-winning team. Ignore the wages side, why have Atletico accepted??

6 months left on his contract. Interesting no other clubs have gone for him. 

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Ah that makes a little more sense then.

I think I read somewhere that he asked for £140-160k per week or something, which might have put other suitors off. Chelsea would have made sense, as would Spurs, but Chelsea don't offer 31 year olds more than a year or two contracts any more and Spurs won't pay those wages.

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think he extended end last season 

Trippier's deal has now been extended from 2022 to the end of the 2022/23 season.

he is 31 so has almost no resale value. Fee seems a bit on the low side - I wonder if agents etc are being very well rewarded across the deal ??

Edited by st albans fox

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, CloudFox said:

Ah that makes a little more sense then.

I think I read somewhere that he asked for £140-160k per week or something, which might have put other suitors off. Chelsea would have made sense, as would Spurs, but Chelsea don't offer 31 year olds more than a year or two contracts any more and Spurs won't pay those wages.

That might create a bit of dressing room unrest then. 

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

That might create a bit of dressing room unrest then. 

Just a tad. Harmony is surely the biggest problem with them throwing money at staving off relegation. Unless they just dump most of their current squad in the reserves and replace them with highly paid new recruits.