Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Other clubs transfer news

2 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Fabrizio suggesting Lyon are going in for Faivre. Gotta be worth a look, surely perfect in that RW position for us 

Thoughts go out to Ric at this time

Still can't make my mind up on Faivre in terms of his best position. He's not really a right winger put it that way, tends to be more comfortable centrally with licence to roam. He's a good player but without sounding like too much of a broken record, I prefer Ludovic Blas.

3 hours ago, teblin said:

Remember they sold someone for £100 million in the summer.

The £100m for Grealish won't even touch the sides with how much they've spent over the past 3 years. Plus their wage bill will be disgusting! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

The £100m for Grealish won't even touch the sides with how much they've spent over the past 3 years. Plus their wage bill will be disgusting! 

They're definitely heading for Everton territory. 

Spuff your entire FFP allowance in about 18 months and then have to settle for Demarai fvcking Gray when you unsurprisingly still don't qualify for the Champions League. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

After missing out on Traore, looks like Spurs are going to be beaten by Liverpool to Luis Diaz. Conte will be fuming! 

Honestly the wheels could come off in record time. I'm still stunned he even went there after the way he left Inter and he's already been making standard angry Conte noises about Levy needing to listen to him on transfers. 

Wtf was he expecting. Whole world can see they're skint. 

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly the wheels could come off in record time. I'm still stunned he even went there after the way he left Inter and he's already been making standard angry Conte noises about Levy needing to listen to him on transfers. 

Wtf was he expecting. Whole world can see they're skint. 

Should have sold Kane while he was still hot! lols

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Spurs dodged a bullet with Traore if you ask me.

Yeh he's crap. Proper odd signing for Barce but they've made a few of them over the past few years. Amazing strength and pace but very little footballing ability! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh he's crap. Proper odd signing for Barce but they've made a few of them over the past few years. Amazing strength and pace but very little footballing ability! 

I’ve said this a few times but he could be a huge asset for a possession team. Not necessarily because he will get the goals and assists but because teams need to double or even triple up on him. 

He does have that scary ability to make space for others. Whether that’s enough I don’t know but people are too focused on the stat side of things to consider that. 

i think it was klopp last year saying how impossible he was to handle. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Interested watching Arsenal & Man U push for Ruben Nevez, particularly considering Youri's contract ticking down with us. £40m being put out there by press. Different player to Youri, more of a fulcrum but same position.

This might be our biggest challenge.

Rice is not the same as youri but plays the same position and then there's never.

Would put rice ahead marginally of youri and he's English. Never will be cheaper too.

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’ve said this a few times but he could be a huge asset for a possession team. Not necessarily because he will get the goals and assists but because teams need to double or even triple up on him. 

He does have that scary ability to make space for others. Whether that’s enough I don’t know but people are too focused on the stat side of things to consider that. 

Making space for others is fine, but then he has to get the ball to them, which he usually doesn't!

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

That'll be the baby oil...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Interested watching Arsenal & Man U push for Ruben Nevez, particularly considering Youri's contract ticking down with us. £40m being put out there by press. Different player to Youri, more of a fulcrum but same position.

Nevez is a bit more physical, United need some presence in the centre of their midfield desperately. 

And frankly, Tielemans is beyond Arsenal and given that he's a smart guy with his head on his shoulders, he quite possibly wouldn't be enthusiastic about going to United in their current state. Whilst I think Rangnick shows an important policy shift, they're a long way from proving they're really headed in the right direction. 

Foxestalk might have it in their heads that Tielemans is off form and thus his stock is dropping but this place has a track record for not appreciating its own stars while they're here. Mahrez got similar treatment with plenty who couldn't wait for him to go. 

Like Mahrez, Tielemans is genuinely world class, probably better player relative to his position compared to the rest of the world than Riyad was. He's got the ability to go to a Bayern, Chelsea, Man City, Real, Juve, PSG and win titles year after year, genuinely compete in the latter rounds of the CL on a consistent basis. 

Just because Arsenal can afford him, doesn't mean he'll go there. He may end up going for less than Nevez but he'll go to a bigger club and have a better career, that's almost guaranteed. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nevez is a bit more physical, United need some presence in the centre of their midfield desperately. 

They really don't come much more physical than Mctominey. If Utd are weak , its their disfunctioning back four. Varane was supposed to cure that but not yet.

9 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Maybe it's known that tielemans will run his contract down?

Either way I think it's massively disrespectful if he hasn't made his intentions known to the club by now.

If he really wants to wait until the last minute then we should get the most cash we can for him sell him asap.

No one is bigger than the club.

42 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Maybe it's known that tielemans will run his contract down?

Either way I think it's massively disrespectful if he hasn't made his intentions known to the club by now.

If he really wants to wait until the last minute then we should get the most cash we can for him sell him asap.

No one is bigger than the club.

Tielemans is within his right to run his contract down but he also has an obligation to put in 100% whilst he does. If he does that, it will enhance his reputation considerablely.

Seeing that West Ham are in for Raphinia (albeit it’s been turned down) goes to show quite how challenging it’s going to be for us over the next few years. He is exactly what we need and there’s not even a hint of a whisper that we’d be in for him because we all know we can’t afford it.

The top 6 are to varying degrees sorting their shit out and there’s a lot of new investment in our competitors the next level down. Meanwhile our owners are (totally reasonably and rightly) committed to self-sustainability but have elected to invest in infrastructure rather than the squad.

Again, not saying one is right and one is wrong but you only have to look at what happened to Arsenal once they had to fund the Emirates to see that sustainability comes at the loss of on-field competitive advantage not just in the short-term but in the long-term in the bizarre economy of football.

Missing out on the top 4 2 years running is a huge sliding doors moment for the club. A year ago there were questions about whether there was now a “big 7” but we’re staring down the barrel of being another Southampton, not of course that there’s anything wrong with that per se.

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Tielemans is within his right to run his contract down but he also has an obligation to put in 100% whilst he does. If he does that, it will enhance his reputation considerablely.

I don't really care about his rights I'm more concerned about mutual respect and him just letting us know his true intentions. He's had enough time to think about it. 

EDIT: The club might already know what he wants to do.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I don't really care about his rights I'm more concerned about mutual respect and him just letting us know his true intentions. He's had enough time to think about it. 

We have no idea what he has or has not communicated to the club and vice versa, anything suggesting inappropriate behaviour on either side is just made up nonsense

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

EDIT: The club might already know what he wants to do.

Well they never tell you anything ,news management is their creed. The question is whether another 16 months of Youri's influence on our performance means more than the fee we might get for him. If he helped us back into the top six ,it might just be.