Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Other clubs transfer news

20 minutes ago, turlo said:

Why would Man Utd let their best defender go on a free? We should be all over this with his injury record

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1487427620346204168?s=20&t=c3R4VNcCs_1bnFsxgytjyA

Read I think in the Athletic that we did consider Jones but realised he didn’t fit our playing style. Given the Vestergaard issues, case of once bitten, twice shy. 

Orsic not going to Burnley as it turns out. Really hard to get business done in January, especially if you're teetering. They're now reliant getting Weghoorst over the line, unless they panic and go for Kieffer Moore or something lol

13 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Raphinha and Kalvin Phillips linked to West Ham.

Why would they move from Leeds to West Ham?

Leeds are 15th, there's a ticking clock over Bielsa and they're not abundantly wealthy. They're definitely looking at a future featuring more relegation fights than European ones. 

West Ham meanwhile have comfortably overtaken us as "best of the rest", have every chance of getting in the CL, invest constantly in tidy players on OK wages, play in the capital in a big ground. 

Not sure why you wouldn't really. 

• Like 3

The fact west ham are even being linked to the likes of Phillips and Raphinha shows they are miles ahead of us in terms of finances and players they can attract. Villa seem to be heading that way as well. Either our scouting team needs to find some gems in the summer or our days of competing with the big clubs are over. And whilst a fair few on here want to see the back of Rodgers, I can't see him being here next season anyway when he's clearly not going to be backed financially. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

The fact west ham are even being linked to the likes of Phillips and Raphinha shows they are miles ahead of us in terms of finances and players they can attract. Villa seem to be heading that way as well. Either our scouting team needs to find some gems in the summer or our days of competing with the big clubs are over. And whilst a fair few on here want to see the back of Rodgers, I can't see him being here next season anyway when he's clearly not going to be backed financially. 

Yeah the signings of Bertrand, Vestergaard have really screwed us.

In addition to Soumare not really being much use yet apart from coming in to the game when we're winning then we lose our draw.

Villa, Newcastle and West Ham are ahead of us right now as transfer destinations. 

We can still get our mojo back in the summer if we find some form and buy well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Will be interesting to see how he does, he looked destined to be unreal when on loan at Parma.

If they can agree terms, Ollie Tanner from Lewes turned them down this week 😂

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yeah the signings of Bertrand, Vestergaard have really screwed us.

In addition to Soumare not really being much use yet apart from coming in to the game when we're winning then we lose our draw.

Villa, Newcastle and West Ham are ahead of us right now as transfer destinations. 

We can still get our mojo back in the summer if we find some form and buy well.

Quite. Our unwillingness to invest in January windows arguably cost us CL football twice whereas those teams are choosing a different policy. I cringe when I think of those players being reflective of our squad building.  "Yes but we're extending a stand" doesn't cut it if we are tumbling down the pecking order. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Leeds are 15th, there's a ticking clock over Bielsa and they're not abundantly wealthy. They're definitely looking at a future featuring more relegation fights than European ones. 

West Ham meanwhile have comfortably overtaken us as "best of the rest", have every chance of getting in the CL, invest constantly in tidy players on OK wages, play in the capital in a big ground. 

Not sure why you wouldn't really. 

I dont know, just think West Ham if they were to move from Leeds they can do far better than West Ham, maybe Arsenal. If someone like Maddison moved from us to West Ham I think we would be a bit puzzled.

Phillips would basically be a replacement for Rice so that wouldnt neccessarily be an improvement to their existing team and possibly likewise Raphinha for Bowen.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nalis said:

If someone like Maddison moved from us to West Ham I think we would be a bit puzzled.

Well obviously but we're a much better club in a much better position than Leeds? 

I feel like you greatly over rate the prospects of Leeds?