Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Other clubs transfer news

28 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Newcastle still looking to add… Ekitike and Targett incoming as well. Surely will have enough to stay up now

Can't play on paper. We had more than enough to stay up when we were relegated to League One remember. 

Surprised people aren't wise to West Ham by now.

Every transfer deadline they're suddenly in to make 'massive bids for star players' and then they end up with someone okay on loan.

It's the owners way of keeping the fans onside/making them think they'll go back for these players in the summer.

Granted they've spent a little more recently, but there's no way on earth they're actually in for those two.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Can't play on paper. We had more than enough to stay up when we were relegated to League One remember. 

They've got Everton, Villa and West Ham next three games, that's a tough three to get everyone bedded in for. New manager bounce, Stevie G revival and West Ham on the charge for Europe.

Having said that, and this has always been my position on this, the bottom 4 are so terrible that you could lose 3 in a row and still be a win from safety. 

I think we might see the lowest ever survival total this year, not sure on the number but I could see 17th staying up on just under 30 points.

Think West Brom on 34 was previous lowest.

Is this AjcW? 

Screenshot_20220131-103159_Chrome.jpg

Seriously thought, that's the most generic "football fan in a huff" comment you'll ever read. You could swap out NUFC for LUFC for another bunch of entitled "we're so unpopular" Edge Lords that love the attention. 

Edited by Finnegan

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is this AjcW? 

Seriously thought, that's the most generic "football fan in a huff" comment you'll ever read. You could swap out NUFC for LUFC for another bunch of entitled "we're so unpopular" Edge Lords that love the attention. 

lol rumbled

51 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is this AjcW? 

Wonder if this Rob bloke is the one who did that salty blog shared on here recently after we stuffed them 4-0, saying how he'd grown up in Leicester but was a Newcastle fan because it "meant more" or some such tosh? 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.Lisemore said:

Leeds, West Ham, Villa were all 'too good to go down' as well.

If Newcastle make too many signings there's every chance they might not gel in time to save themselves. Looks like they might be getting a brand new defence and keeper... those relationships don't just form overnight.

Howe could feasibly get the boot by end of Feb as well if things haven't turned around for them.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Leeds, West Ham, Villa were all 'too good to go down' as well.

If Newcastle make too many signings there's every chance they might not gel in time to save themselves. Looks like they might be getting a brand new defence and keeper... those relationships don't just form overnight.

Howe could feasibly get the boot by end of Feb as well if things haven't turned around for them.

There's way too much emphasis put on signings. It's partly the TV companies as it gives them something to shout about.

Signing an entirely new team is challenging without a pre season. Signings late in the window and even in pre season rarely work.

Newcastle haven’t made particularly coherent signings, but I would guess they have made enough signings of sufficient quality to solidify their defence, rack up the goals, and save themselves from relegation for this year. 

I imagine they will be a mess for the next couple of weeks, then will come roaring out of the relegation zone. (Fair warning, I haven’t actually looked at their fixtures.)

1 minute ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Newcastle haven’t made particularly coherent signings, but I would guess they have made enough signings of sufficient quality to solidify their defence, rack up the goals, and save themselves from relegation for this year. 

I imagine they will be a mess for the next couple of weeks, then will come roaring out of the relegation zone. (Fair warning, I haven’t actually looked at their fixtures.)

The roar you predict is due for when they play us so you're probably spot on lol 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Newcastle need to calm down lol

Could be 5+ deals today

Burn, Targett, Ekitike

Also after Carrasco and Diop

£100m+ by the end of the day for a winter window, their also close to getting Dean Henderson on loan which will be a very good deal for them.
They have got some solid signings & if Bruno G settles he'll be some player for them, they will stay up & god knows what they will spend in summer when they do.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

There's way too much emphasis put on signings. It's partly the TV companies as it gives them something to shout about.

Signing an entirely new team is challenging without a pre season. Signings late in the window and even in pre season rarely work.

I can understand certain signings that do genuinely improve a team, for example Weghorst could be the difference to Burnley's Premier League status. But as you say TV (sky sports) will let you know Newcastle have had the 'best' transfer window because they've signed a lot of players. I do still think they will go down. Quality is one thing, team chemistry is another. 

I don’t fully understand FFP rules, but presumably there’s a limit to how much Newcastle can spend on players over the course of the year (ie, in January and then in the summer). I wonder how much cash can they spaff in this window before they eat into funds they might spend in summer?

Obviously I am hoping they have spent it all on a bunch of 30 year olds now, and then are stuck with them in the summer, but I imagine that won’t happen.