Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Other clubs transfer news

44 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Lampard knows a few things about being a world class scoring midfielder.

Will be interesting to see if he can get Deli back to his best.

I'm not sure he has that in Deli to be honest. He could be like Lingard for West Ham last year but would be surprised. 

Lampard built his rep at Chelsea by bringing youth through. The likes of Tom Davies and Anthony Gordon at Everton are going to be pushed futher down the pecking order with DVDB and Deli coming in.... 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Where have Everton suddenly got this money from? I thought it was agreed they'd tightened the purse strings because they'd over spent and it hadn't yielded the gains. 

Not getting relegated trumps any pittance of a FFP punishment. 

In the summer they wouldve been more reluctant because they are deluded and probably still felt they could make Europe 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I'm just spending the rest of the evening looking at pictures of our training complex and proposed stadium expansion to ease this pain lol

I am so grateful for our owners and everything they have done and we do it the sustainable way.... but it still hurts watching other clubs chuck money about on deadline day for some reason.

This is exactly it. Unfortunately we made a huge mistake in signing Vesty and Bertrand. Throw in Covid and the injuries and things have been tough.

On the plus side despite this seasons setback we are moving in the right direction so we just have to wait out the time while we pay off the Training ground and Ground expansion. 

Many of us have seen so many low times that it's not a burden to wait until we pay off these improvements. Knowing that we will be in a much stronger position in 5 to 10 years times.. 

We just need to continue to improve the team by unearthing more up and coming players and profiting from a few Sales. Not as easy now as our name is out their as a club who finds Gems from time to time and so Clubs will try and squeeze more money out of us. 

I'm not his biggest fan but I do think Brendan given the time will improve things further, As I think  he's also learning on the Job. At least I hope he is.

It's hard to be too critical and unfair to blame him for the situation we have with Injuries etc. With Fofana's injury we were always going to struggle.

Yes it's hard to watch other's spend money on new players. But I think back to when Taylor bought in a glut of players who turned out to be average at best and that's being kind. So I'm happy to take small steps once they're in the right direction. Which our Owners know what they are at.

Grafting for what we achieve makes it all the more sweeter when it comes.

Alli on a free/£10m is pretty incredible. Get him back anywhere near what he was and its phenomenal. Don't forget it's not really injuries that have caused this malaise, I'd be shocked for his career to tail off like it has and there not be a revival.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Alli on a free/£10m is pretty incredible. Get him back anywhere near what he was and its phenomenal. Don't forget it's not really injuries that have caused this malaise, I'd be shocked for his career to tail off like it has and there not be a revival.

I imagine the £10m will be easily reached

Would be interesting to see what those clauses are that could take it £30m+

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

I think I would have preferred Ramsey out the two and it appears Juve are desperate to get him out the door. 

Possibly but the ceiling is much higher long term with Alli. I genuinely think he'll turn it around very quickly and everyone will be moaning why many other clubs didn't go in for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sly said:

Aubameyang to Barcelona is done then.

Must mean Dembele is on the way out?! Fab suggested 1 Premier League club interested but appears to have ruled out Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal. 

Only 6 months left on his contract and constantly crocked, left footed RW. Surely got LCFC written all over it :ph34r: 

Not sure how we’d cover his 200k per week wages or whatever it is 

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

They must be lining up someone to replace him then surely?

Not sure they will

they only have 17 games left -  very few midweek fixtures (no cups) 

they can probably play laca every game and if he picks up a knock then they will have to use nketiah or play a false nine 

1 minute ago, Foxes96 said:

Must mean Dembele is on the way out?! Fab suggested 1 Premier League club interested but appears to have ruled out Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal. 

Only 6 months left on his contract and constantly crocked, left footed RW. Surely got LCFC written all over it :ph34r: 

Not sure how we’d cover his 200k per week wages or whatever it is 

Chelsea have been rumoured interested in him since talks broke down between Barca and PSG, apparently.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure they will

they can probably play laca every game and if he picks up a knock then they will have to use nketiah or play a false nine 

That’s a lot of money off the wage bill but leaves them very light up front. Bit of a gamble I must say but then again who could they get in with so little time in the window.

Edited by buzzer_b

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

That’s a lot of money off the wage bill but leaves them very light up front. Bit of a gamble I must say but then again who could they get in with so little time in the window.

Be interesting to see if their lack of investment in the January window means they now miss out on top 4… 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure they will

Makes sense why they rejected the bids for Nketiah really. They won’t get a great deal for him.