Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Other clubs transfer news

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Possibly but the ceiling is much higher long term with Alli. I genuinely think he'll turn it around very quickly and everyone will be moaning why many other clubs didn't go in for him.

Quite possibly.... or he turns into another Iwobi. Guess that's the gamble. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Has a single player moved that the selling club haven't been desperate to get rid of?

Ali, Digne, Coutinho, Targett, Aubamayang.

Maybe the two spurs have signed but juve were quite happy to balance the books.

Difficult window to sign the type of player we want.

4 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

That’s a lot of money off the wage bill but leaves them very light up front. Bit of a gamble I must say but then again who could they get in with so little time in the window.

Lacazette, Nketiah and Martintelli can all play up top of they need to. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Possibly but the ceiling is much higher long term with Alli. I genuinely think he'll turn it around very quickly and everyone will be moaning why many other clubs didn't go in for him.

I wouldn't be so sure with Ali. He's been given several chances at spurs and not taken them.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Has a single player moved that the selling club haven't been desperate to get rid of?

Ali, Digne, Coutinho, Targett, Aubamayang.

Maybe the two spurs have signed but juve were quite happy to balance the books.

Difficult window to sign the type of player we want.

Not many really

Vlahovic to Juventus

Guiamaraes to Newcastle

Diaz to Liverpool

Maybe Wood to Newcastle? 

31 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Must mean Dembele is on the way out?! Fab suggested 1 Premier League club interested but appears to have ruled out Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal. 

Only 6 months left on his contract and constantly crocked, left footed RW. Surely got LCFC written all over it :ph34r: 

Not sure how we’d cover his 200k per week wages or whatever it is 

Be even more interesting if Aubameyang signs and Dembele doesn't go.... Begs the question why they couldn't offer Messi a new deal on reduced wages...

Edited by J.Lisemore

2 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Be even more interesting if Aubameyang signs and Dembele doesn't go.... Begs the question why they couldn't offer Messi a new deal on reduced wages...

Interesting to see if Messi leaves PSG this summer, as it hasn’t really worked in Paris for him so far. 

5 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Because messi’s wage couldn’t be reduced below a certain level according to la liga rules.  Auba will have been paid off by arsenal and Barca will not be paying him anything like what he had left on his arsenal contract. The arse are the big losers on this, just as they were with Ozel.

Edited by st albans fox

So no one coming in and we have managed to keep  hold of Perez, Bertrand and Vesters.  A brilliant window.

Here we go Fabrizio.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So no one coming in and we have managed to keep old hold of Perez, Bertrand and Vesters.  A brilliant window.

Here we go Fabrizio.

Our squad is hanging on by a thread it wouldnt make sense to offload them at a time where we would have to replace them and theirs limited good deals to be had. The lesson is that we are better off being patient and bringing in the right players in the summer. 

If we werent doing proper business in the 2 previous seasons when we actually had something amazing in reaching distance we were hardly going to do it now in a dead rubber season. 

20 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So no one coming in and we have managed to keep old hold of Perez, Bertrand and Vesters.  A brilliant window.

Here we go Fabrizio.

At least Spurs seemed to get rid of their deadwood, don't think we even tried. Brendan doesn't make a fuss about getting rid of them ...he just doesn't pick them!

• Like 2

What the player collecting clubs have to realise is they have to gel and it takes time. I never want us to be like Newcastle, Villa, Everton. 

What we have failed to do in 3 Jan windows now is add that bit of quality to keep us ticking along. More so in the previous two seasons but I think we will regret it again around March/April as we still have a European competition to play in. 

It is OK banking on Justin, Fofana,Vardy, Evans, Ricardo etc being back but there are no reasons to say an overloaded schedule wouldn't put them back on the treatment table after bad injuries. 

Let's hope the club have a strategy on what they are doing. 

Just looking through transfers that missed last night. Does anyone think the amount of loan signings teams make are unfair? Teams loaning half their first 11 in. If used properly you can get some really good players that only a couple of clubs can afford. I did see something the other day about new loan rules coming in I think?