Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Other clubs transfer news

8 minutes ago, Iran said:

Seems like Japanese international's are in fashion now with Celtic signing 3 this week bring their total to 4 and other teams like Arsenal signed one last summer. Think they represent good value and run their socks off for the team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iran said:

Interesting quote there on the transfer rules and why they've gone for him now, as opposed to in the future where he might not be attainable @moore_94 would that be because of the league he is in and he needs the criteria this season due to his Japanese appearances last season but next year based on the Swiss league he'd not unless they were in Europe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Same Everton that has wasted around 400m over the last 3-4 years? 

Everton have a net spend of about -£300M over the last five years and wound up with a team built around Demarai Gray. lol

• Haha 1

Go to the 'J' League.  Some bargains to be had there.  Ship them in via Calais and Priti will waive the Work Permit issues. The better players are only on 1 year contracts.  Screw signing EPL unwanted deadwood.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting quote there on the transfer rules and why they've gone for him now, as opposed to in the future where he might not be attainable @moore_94 would that be because of the league he is in and he needs the criteria this season due to his Japanese appearances last season but next year based on the Swiss league he'd not unless they were in Europe?

Yeah so it would be July 2022 when his eligibility would end as that is when his Japan appearances would not apply as it is the 12 month period prior to the work permit application that is used

So a combination of his Japan appearances in the World Cup qualifiers in the summer and his season so far in Switzerland makes him eligible

7 points from Japan appearances

6 points from Swiss League being band 4

5 points from playing 80% of available minutes in the Swiss league this season

18 points with 15 points required to be approved for a GBE

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Watkins   
Buendia       Coutinho    Bailey

Jeez that’s terrifying. 

Absolutely trumps:  

Watkins

Grealish    💩       💩

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Watkins   
Buendia       Coutinho    Bailey

Jeez that’s terrifying. 

Absolutely trumps:  

Watkins

Grealish    💩       💩

It's really not terrifying.

Watkins is fine but a middle of the road striker - our third choice striker outscored him last year.

Buendia has scored about 2 premier league goals in 60 appearances.

Bailey is never fit and nor is Coutinho.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's really not terrifying.

Watkins is fine but a middle of the road striker - our third choice striker outscored him last year.

Buendia has scored about 2 premier league goals in 60 appearances.

Bailey is never fit and nor is Coutinho.

Personally I was a harsh critic of buendia but he’s actually done a lot more than his key stats show.  I watched a video by someone showing all the assists ‘he should have had this season’ and genuinely with finishers like ours he would be on about 10 assists for this season.   I’m a fantasy football nerd so researched him 😂

but yeah of course injuries might hold them back but I wouldn’t want to be a team that faced them when they were all fit. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Personally I was a harsh critic of buendia but he’s actually done a lot more than his key stats show.  I watched a video by someone showing all the assists ‘he should have had this season’ and genuinely with finishers like ours he would be on about 10 assists for this season.   I’m a fantasy football nerd so researched him 😂

but yeah of course injuries might hold them back but I wouldn’t want to be a team that faced them when they were all fit. 

If I had a penny for every player who looked great on a YT video, I'd be a billionaire...:D

Meanwhile, over at Villatalk, most seem to think they overpaid and he's under-produced. Early days though. 

On 04/01/2022 at 20:55, goody2028 said:

Madness that Atlético only got £12m (+add ons) out of the now richest club in football for him. Decent signing for them but the only head turner for him being the money. Imagine going from playing in sunny Spain and champions league to now playing in the championship next season. 

Think they will pull themselves out of relegation scrap personally throw money at a problem.. just hate players going for the money coz i carnt see gareth selecting trips if they go

down. Giving up playing for ya country for money dont sit well with me 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, Ashlar86 said:

Think they will pull themselves out of relegation scrap personally throw money at a problem.. just hate players going for the money coz i carnt see gareth selecting trips if they go

down. Giving up playing for ya country for money dont sit well with me 

Theyll pay 25m for him.

Theyre briefing the media hard that it's a really clever deal and the media are lapping it up because most clubs give them nothing. 25m for a 31 year old with 6 months left and 140k a week is absolutely mad.

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Theyll pay 25m for him.

Theyre briefing the media hard that it's a really clever deal and the media are lapping it up because most clubs give them nothing. 25m for a 31 year old with 6 months left and 140k a week is absolutely mad.

18 months CT 

if he is part of a plan that keeps them up then it will be money well spent - they won’t be short of 20m here and there !