Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Other clubs transfer news

Guest Chocolate Teapot
20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

18 months CT 

if he is part of a plan that keeps them up then it will be money well spent - they won’t be short of 20m here and there ! 

That's never been confirmed by anyone reliable and doesn't fit with what Simeone said....

Guest Chocolate Teapot
18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

About 3m

But was reported as 8m due to the add ons etc

Clubs pick and choose which figures they want going round the media

53 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

But was reported as 8m due to the add ons etc

Clubs pick and choose which figures they want going round the media

Who knows, there are multiple reports of anything between 3-8m.

Like with Perez you can find anything from 16m-30m 

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Think if our squad weren't so knackered right now we'd be putting him up in the shop window.

Yeah it’s bad timing really. I’m pretty sure they would be interested in him tbh and if we could just get our money back that would be great. But we need him for now so hopefully he steps up 

14 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I was really hoping everyone would reject Newcastle and they would come crawling for Perez 

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Yeah it’s bad timing really. I’m pretty sure they would be interested in him tbh and if we could just get our money back that would be great. But we need him for now so hopefully he steps up 

Doubtful. He was their version of our Maguire rinsing of Man U...

And their fans seemed glad to be rid of him at the price (prolly would've taken half that).

Edited by NaijaFox

Guest Chocolate Teapot
18 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Luis Diaz to Liverpool. Not bad when you can spend 60m on cover for Mane and Salsh at the AFCON. Very good player.

Not happening 

On 04/01/2022 at 21:19, EastAnglianFox said:

So frustrating knowing so many clubs are going to be doing business this month yet seems we don't have room for anything barring a surprise big sale.

I don't like the term "deadwood" but we do seem year after year to be stuck with a shed load of players that just hang around and offer nothing in terms of moving us to that next level.

Isn't this a tad off-topic?

Not just you btw, but this was supposed to be about other team's recruitment. 

Maybe it should have been restricted to a discussion about Newcastle's attempt to scale the dizzy heights of the Prem.

But your use of the word "deadwood" interested me. The implication is that players who were chosen and recruited to play for City are somehow culpable for not having fitted in and also culpable for being a drain on City's financial resources.

It would be more appropriate to have a dig at whoyever decided to gerrem in, would it not?

If I were a pro footballer and subject to the whims of whoyever happened to have assumed management of the team after the guy(s) who had brought me in, I'd take comfort in my monthly salary. After all, there's be precious little  comfort from being a fringe player sidelined by the whims of whichever bloke currently held the reins. What alternative would I have? I'm under contract. I guess I could ask my agent to tout my services around, but unpopular at Leicester means I'd be a risk for any other Prem team.

To keep on-topic, I'd say there'd be lots of the current Newcastle squad  anticipating their time and well-paid jobs there coming to an end. If I thought relegation would result in me keeping on there a bit longer then maybe my 100% effort to keep the Maggies afloat in the Prem might slip down to 65%. St Maximin might be the only player assured of being a first pick there.

39 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Isn't this a tad off-topic?

Not just you btw, but this was supposed to be about other team's recruitment. 

Maybe it should have been restricted to a discussion about Newcastle's attempt to scale the dizzy heights of the Prem.

But your use of the word "deadwood" interested me. The implication is that players who were chosen and recruited to play for City are somehow culpable for not having fitted in and also culpable for being a drain on City's financial resources.

It would be more appropriate to have a dig at whoyever decided to gerrem in, would it not?

If I were a pro footballer and subject to the whims of whoyever happened to have assumed management of the team after the guy(s) who had brought me in, I'd take comfort in my monthly salary. After all, there's be precious little  comfort from being a fringe player sidelined by the whims of whichever bloke currently held the reins. What alternative would I have? I'm under contract. I guess I could ask my agent to tout my services around, but unpopular at Leicester means I'd be a risk for any other Prem team.

To keep on-topic, I'd say there'd be lots of the current Newcastle squad  anticipating their time and well-paid jobs there coming to an end. If I thought relegation would result in me keeping on there a bit longer then maybe my 100% effort to keep the Maggies afloat in the Prem might slip down to 65%. St Maximin might be the only player assured of being a first pick there.

Mate, with all due respect... Grow up. 

I don't think I've ever saw a single discussion on FT stay on topic so if this bothers you for whatever reason, maybe this site isn't for you? 

Secondly, the term "deadwood" has been used in football for as long as I can remember. I doubt very much that  @EastAnglianFox was using it to disrespect or insult any player or blame them for their lack of relevant importance to the club. Rather they used it to describe players who seem surpluss to requirement which would definately be accurate for some select individuals in the current squad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If Villa sign him for £30m, you've gotta be looking at their expenses

I assume ffp has been scrapped as there is absolutely no way Villa would be meeting ffp regulations with their expenditure and wage bill. They spent most of the Grealish money last summer and their wage bill will be considerably higher than last season and the  add coutinhos wages in and I bet they have one of the highest wage bills in the league excluding the big 6. If they go and spend £30m on Digne as well as his over £100k a week wages, something isn't right  

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Liverpool turned down 7m from unnamed prem  club for Nat Phillips and are holding out for 15m. 
Worth a Punt at 10-12m?

Bet it's Burnley.

35 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Liverpool turned down 7m from unnamed prem  club for Nat Phillips and are holding out for 15m. 
Worth a Punt at 10-12m?

Probably Newcastle, Howe used to love Liverpool cast offs at Bournemouth 

Edited by Mehrez

9 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Worth a Punt at 10-12m?

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Bet it's Burnley.

8 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Probably Newcastle, Howe used to love Liverpool cast offs at Bournemouth 

BBC gossip reckon it’s Watford. Hope we’re no where near it at that price. 

As Brendan has said think the only possibility is a CB on loan this window

35 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

BBC gossip reckon it’s Watford. Hope we’re no where near it at that price. 

As Brendan has said think the only possibility is a CB on loan this window

I can see loan to buy, we need one long term anyway. If Lille would let Botman go on loan to buy, that would be amazing. But in all likelihood it will be Ryan Bennett esque. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I can see loan to buy, we need one long term anyway. If Lille would let Botman go on loan to buy, that would be amazing. But in all likelihood it will be Ryan Bennett esque. 

Haven't they just turned down 30m from Newcastle. 

Doubt we are going to be compete with that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Haven't they just turned down 30m from Newcastle. 

Doubt we are going to be compete with that?

In the summer we could pay that, we did for Fofana, so loan to buy is possible IMO. I don’t believe they rejected £30m (not sure where that report came from), when asking price is widely reported as €30m. 

Barcelona have now joined Spurs to sign Wolves Adam Troare, think he'll be a great signing. Don't look at how many goals he scored but how many assists he can get. He got 12 assists for Wolves two years ago and 10assists for Middlesborough in one season. Read that Conte wants to convert Troare to a Right wing back and think he'll provide opportunities for Son and Kane to score goal and if they get him for about 20m it will a bargain.

• Like 2