Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Other clubs transfer news

4 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

Helps us out as their top goal scorer, Cornet is on AFCON duty. 

Following the money explains so many things ...  but it doesn't explain Burnley.

Asset-strippers on borrowed money, decided a club whose only asset was its PL status* was the one to buy.  WTF?

Their poor supporters.  The ones who owned shares were only offered half cash and half credits for tickets and merch.

I'm sadly holding to my prediction of a Sunderland-type slide to League One.

* (and maybe its manager)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Brentford interested in signing 22year old left back Francisco Moura from from Portuguese club SC Braga. He got a release clause of 25m. With Brentford using Data science analysis in their recruitment, this defender could be a star in the next couple of years

Every club uses that data 

9 hours ago, KingsX said:

Following the money explains so many things ...  but it doesn't explain Burnley.

Asset-strippers on borrowed money, decided a club whose only asset was its PL status* was the one to buy.  WTF?

Their poor supporters.  The ones who owned shares were only offered half cash and half credits for tickets and merch.

I'm sadly holding to my prediction of a Sunderland-type slide to League One.

* (and maybe its manager)

We'll see the owners true intentions this transfer window. How serious are they about staying in this league?

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Every club uses that data 

Brentford are leaders in data use. Their owners used data to build a football betting syndicate so successful that they purchased Brentford out of the profits.

They then made data the cornerstone of the club, including appointing a data mad manager. It’s a fascinating club! 

Edited by 5waller5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Brentford are leaders in data use. Their owners used data to build a football betting syndicate so successful that they purchased Brentford out of the profits.

They then made data the cornerstone of the club, including appointing a data mad manager. It’s a fascinating club! 

Leicester do exactly the same and we won the premier league...

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Their data set will be no more different everyone else’s - they teamed up with statsbomb to start with. Just saying the key is how the data is interpreted and subsequently backed by real life scouting/character assessments. 

Brentford’s owner was one of the first to set up in effect ‘scouts’ who’d sit at television all day getting data together. He did that to sell such information to bookmakers (and that’s something which doesn’t sit easy with me personally). 

Point is every club has that data set now and Brentford are not any more unique. 

Sevilla are in talks to sign Jesús Corona from FC Porto. Personal terms agreed with Tecatito who was Sevilla target last summer, negotiations ongoing with Porto. Deal not completed yet - in progress. 🔴🇲🇽 #Sevilla 

Lopetegui always wanted him, as @butacondelgarci reports.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
27 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

According to Sky Aston Villa have agreed 25 million fee for Digne 

Apparently after Bissouma too. Given they're shit defensively he'd be a great signing but can't see Brighton selling and think bigger clubs will be in for him.

With Digne they want two high full backs, be interesting to see how this helps them as they looked so open and susceptible to counter attacks against man utd and Brentford.

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

Fixed for you:

They then made data the cornerstone of the club, including appointing a mad manager. It’s a fascinating club! 

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Apparently after Bissouma too. Given they're shit defensively he'd be a great signing but can't see Brighton selling and think bigger clubs will be in for him.

With Digne they want two high full backs, be interesting to see how this helps them as they looked so open and susceptible to counter attacks against man utd and Brentford.

Seem to be going full Everton mode to me, crazy spending

They have brought in Ings, Bailey, Buendía in the summer for 90m and not one has set the world alight.

Now they are splashing the cash on Coutinho and Digne. 

They spent the same last summer Traoré and Samson have added very little,

Watkins, Cash and Martínez have done well.

2019/20 they spent about 140m, so that's around 340m in 3 seasons. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Seem to be going full Everton mode to me, crazy spending

They have brought in Ings, Bailey, Buendía in the summer for 90m and not one has set the world alight.

Now they are splashing the cash on Coutinho and Digne. 

They spent the same last summer Traoré and Samson have added very little,

Watkins, Cash and Martínez have done well.

2019/20 they spent about 140m, so that's around 340m in 3 seasons. 

Agree. Very Everton based - seems shit or bust. Only thing in their favour is that none of their players are really capable of better. They're all decent but bar Martinez and Konsa I don't know how many would play for a top 6 club.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Agree. Very Everton based - seems shit or bust. Only thing in their favour is that none of their players are really capable of better. They're all decent but bar Martinez and Konsa I don't know how many would play for a top 6 club.

Not sure it does, I think it far better to buy a Daka, Fofana or a Tielemans who have a resale value, so you can sell on for a profit, then reinvest and go again.

FFP will catch up with them at some point. 

How Mings gets into the England squad over Konsa is beyond me. 

Edited by coolhandfox

Guest Col city fan

I reckon Aston Villa are going for it. They are making some very shrewd signings at the moment 

Gerrard is a winner and I’ve little doubt he’ll get them into the top 6/7 next season 

Edited by Col city fan