Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Other clubs transfer news

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I reckon Aston Villa are going for it. They are making some very shrewd signings at the moment 

They certainly are and they will be in with a chance for sure. They already looked close since stevie arrived, a couple of nice additions and theres no reason they wont succeed. 

The Digne one is interesting though. He is another defender that cant defend.  If they were switching to a 5 3 2 it would make sense but my expectation is 4-3-2-1   Similar to how he set up at rangers.... Which leaves you thinking they are going to leak goals as that was already their problem area. 

7 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

Leicester do exactly the same and we won the premier league...

This is a little like me saying “King Power are world leaders at retail” and you replying “Brentford have a club shop too”!!

The Brentford chairman’s fortune is entirely down to his football data engineering…. He invented lots of the stuff that we pay to use. 

It’s really ok, we can recognise stuff other clubs do!

(I’ll try and find the title of the football stats book I read last year - it gives some really incredible insight into the use of analytics at clubs, fascinating stuff)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

This is a little like me saying “King Power are world leaders at retail” and you replying “Brentford have a club shop too”!!

The Brentford chairman’s fortune is entirely down to his football data engineering…. He invented lots of the stuff that we pay to use. 

(I’ll try and find the title of the football stats book I read last year - it gives some really incredible insight into the use of analytics at clubs, fascinating stuff)

Yeah Brentford have done very well with it. We have one of the best analytics out there too in Mladen Sormaz. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

The book, for anyone interested is: 

Football Hackers, The Science & Art Of A Data Revelution.

It’s a fascinating read.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I reckon Aston Villa are going for it. They are making some very shrewd signings at the moment 

Gerrard is a winner and I’ve little doubt he’ll get them into the top 6/7 next season 

Just Coutinho and Digne isn't it?

Guest StevieLynex
22 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Gerrard is a winner and I’ve little doubt he’ll get them into the top 6/7 next season 

What evidence do you have to support the notion of Gerrard being 'a winner'? How many Premier League titles did he win, and how many world cup finals did he appear in?

I love all these Villa signings saying things like "I came here for the manager"... Aye, awrite pal how come you weren't busting a nut to head up to Glasgow? You're there for the massive wages now sit doon. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Replacing him with El Ghazi and reportedly Sean Longstaff coming in to replace James Rodriguez.

Reminds me of trying to get teams relegated on Champ Manager. 

And some fans on here genuinely wanted Benitez as manager. He's horrid.

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Tend to agree, Burnley can only hope that they do further good recruitment like they did with Cornet

I think the worst thing for Burnley is it seemed unexpected, so they probably aren’t in a position to sign anyone. Unless they fancy taking Perez off our hands haha

Just now, Pliskin said:

I think the worst thing for Burnley is it seemed unexpected, so they probably aren’t in a position to sign anyone. Unless they fancy taking Perez off our hands haha

We would only want 20 million of their many pound notes to free our prized asset unto them.  :ph34r: