Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Other clubs transfer news

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Villa’s business reminds me a lot of Everton a few years ago. 

You can't afford to waste huge volumes of money, even if the club is willing to push it to the maximum. At some point they'll run in to trouble. Our model is pretty much the only route to success for a club our size, and even then its no guarantee to keep doing it for years and years.

I wince at signing supposedly proven PL players, the % success rate for such proven players seems to be way down and not worth the money paid for them. That's why I want to ensure we get back to the profile of player that we used to sign, who are under the age of 24 and have a mix of experience and success but ultimately its their vast potential that trumps the experience. 

If Villa don't get European football in the next 18 months then I'm fascinated to see how they operate. They also don't have many players that would sell for vast fees to turn the model in to something we do. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

You can't afford to waste huge volumes of money, even if the club is willing to push it to the maximum. At some point they'll run in to trouble. Our model is pretty much the only route to success for a club our size, and even then its no guarantee to keep doing it for years and years.

I wince at signing supposedly proven PL players, the % success rate for such proven players seems to be way down and not worth the money paid for them. That's why I want to ensure we get back to the profile of player that we used to sign, who are under the age of 24 and have a mix of experience and success but ultimately its their vast potential that trumps the experience. 

If Villa don't get European football in the next 18 months then I'm fascinated to see how they operate. They also don't have many players that would sell for vast fees to turn the model in to something we do. 

To be honest, the seemingly reckless spending is only a serious issue if the EPL has a genuine appetite for it to stop, rather than giving lip service to it. The EPL will become a money addled circus eventually, but I am not sure they care that much, even less so once foreign viewing rights outstrip domestic ones.

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

To be honest, the seemingly reckless spending is only a serious issue if the EPL has a genuine appetite for it to stop, rather than giving lip service to it. The EPL will become a money addled circus eventually, but I am not sure they care that much, even less so once foreign viewing rights outstrip domestic ones.

The problems become more of an obstacle when qualifying for Europe though. UEFA do at least dish out transfer bans and fines and they're desperate for a smaller club to really go to town on.

9 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

sky italia reporting that gosens has agreed personal terms with newcastle. didn’t he not want to come here through lack of CL? ££££ talks

If he goes there I will projectile vomit 

11 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

sky italia reporting that gosens has agreed personal terms with newcastle. didn’t he not want to come here through lack of CL? ££££ talks

No fee agreed as of yet, bit of risk on a player who's not played since last September. Big ask to hit the ground running in the prem, as good as a player he is.

Apparently only offering him 60k p/w, i'd imagine the fee will be massive. 

24 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is bad news for us. Any decent CB available and we have to go up against Newcastle.

Even if Newcastle didn't even know about them they soon will once we make a move.

Throw 2 we don't want out there first and they snap them up, then we go for who we do want. Food and drink

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Throw 2 we don't want out there first and they snap them up, then we go for who we do want. Food and drink

Have we got previous for this? I can remember rumours about us tricking maybe Villa or someone into a signing a few years ago.

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

Have we got previous for this? I can remember rumours about us tricking maybe Villa or someone into a signing a few years ago.

Haha not sure, but it was quite clear a few years ago other teams were simply waiting to see who we were linked with in the press and then that was their scouting model 😂

• Haha 1

Haha not sure, but it was quite clear a few years ago other teams were simply waiting to see who we were linked with in the press and then that was their scouting model 😂

I think I remember hearing there were clubs going after whoever we were linked with, and we eventually started throwing red herrings out and someone bit. Would be great if it was true.

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Like 1

Definitely happened with fofana and west ham 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is bad news for us. Any decent CB available and we have to go up against Newcastle.

Even if Newcastle didn't even know about them they soon will once we make a move.

Players will come to us over Newcastle if we're serious about having them.