Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alfredo Morelos

During his time at Ibrox, Gerrard admitted he didn't know when Morelos was returning from a break after the Copa America and also called him out for creating "noise" about a move away.  Along with Newcastle, Everton and Leicester are also considering a $27 million swoop. And Howe, Rafa Benitez and Brendan Rodgers are three coaches well suited to managing what Morelos self-terms his "big personality." 

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/newcastle-united-transfers-kieran-trippier-likely-ousmane-dembele-not-all-of-the-magpies-january-plans/

Gerrard had no idea how to manage this lad. He was an utter lunatic but scored goals then Gerard some how coached both out of him. Gio has him scoring without behaving like an animal but like others have said, we have 3 top strikers so unless something major changes, I don't see him coming here and even if he did, he would have to come with a user manual so he didn't revert back to his old self. 

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

We don’t need someone who’s always suspended and can’t even score against Celtic. 

To be fair to him, although I don't see a need for him, he seems to have sorted both of those things. Couple of goals against celtic in recent memory and although he's still a bastard of a player, he appears to have cut out those stupid red cards he was picking up. 

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

To be fair to him, although I don't see a need for him, he seems to have sorted both of those things. Couple of goals against celtic in recent memory and although he's still a bastard of a player, he appears to have cut out those stupid red cards he was picking up. 

Only took him four seasons, ha! Let’s see how he does against them for the rest of this season because I don’t think he’s coming here. :P

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Only took him four seasons, ha! Let’s see how he does against them for the rest of this season because I don’t think he’s coming here. :P

I don't think he's coming here either but he looks a completely different player under Gio. Like I said above, Slippy didn't have a clue how to manage him. Couldn't get that balance between keeping that mean streak under control without taking goals away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

I don't think he's coming here either but he looks a completely different player under Gio. Like I said above, Slippy didn't have a clue how to manage him. Couldn't get that balance between keeping that mean streak under control without taking goals away. 

I was torn between giving this post a like for the good insight or a laugh for “Slippy” hahahaha

• Haha 1

On 04/01/2022 at 07:52, Scotch said:

Slippy didn't have a clue how to manage him

Villa due at the KP in April.

HangOnSlippy.PNG.3fa7766d5c1e51081a9a42b7199dbc35.PNG

Should be plenty of time for you lot to learn a six word chant?

• Haha 1

On 04/01/2022 at 12:43, Scotch said:

He still needs 3 or 4 chances to score a goal though and that wouldn't wash at EPL level.

Furthermore, he's overweight. Weirdly it helps him up here to bully defenders physically but in the EPL where most centre backs are 6ft 5, athletic and strong as an ox he'd really struggle imo.

There's a reason he's been at Rangers so long and there's only been one sort of bid of any note.

Not even close to being good enough for Leicester imo.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NuneatonFox1 said:

For those who keep mentioning his disciplinary record, he has been very, very unfairly treated by the press, the refs and the SFA

However, that said. Is he an absolute **** of a player? Yes. 

Would I take him at Leicester, absolutely.

I'd love to see evidence of this.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He still needs 3 or 4 chances to score a goal though and that wouldn't wash at EPL level.

Furthermore, he's overweight. Weirdly it helps him up here to bully defenders physically but in the EPL where most centre backs are 6ft 5, athletic and strong as an ox he'd really struggle imo.

There's a reason he's been at Rangers so long and there's only been one sort of bid of any note.

Not even close to being good enough for Leicester imo.

I don't disagree with any of that to be fair.