Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Wordle - a daily word game

8 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Wordle 213 6/6

🟩

🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Difficult this one! 

how did you get no greens on your second guess lol

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, MPH said:

how did you get no greens on your second guess lol

It's often better to rule out letters which could fit or common letters than to include letters you already know.

I realised this the other day when I had the first 3 letters in green after my 2nd guess, but failed because there were lots of words with those last 2 letters that could fit from letters I hadn't used and I just kept guessing some and getting them wrong.

For example, if you had something like:

__SED

That could be all manner of things - ARSED, BASED, DOSED, EASED, FUSED, HOSED, MUSED, WISED

Probably much better to guess a word like MARSH, which then gives you a far better idea of what it could be by which letters show up yellow (or equally if none show up yellow), than to just keep guessing words ending in SED, which is essentially wasting 3 letters in your guess as you already know they're there.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Is everybody else getting it in three apart from me? 😢

Wordle 214 5/6

🟩
🟩
🟩
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I don't know if we can do spoilers on here, so I've typed it in white below, so you should be able to see it if you highlight it:

What other words were you guessing? No trying an O, N or T until guess 5? They're amongst the 6 or 7 most common letters in the alphabet and P should definitely be in the 16 white letters you got there somewhere. 

Try to use words so you cover all 5 vowels in your first 2 guesses, as well as the most common consonants (R, T, S, N, D, L, M )

Edited by Sampson