Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Interesting player, he had a brilliant 22/23, but by all accounts had a bit of a stinker last time round. So fits into the classic "we can fix them" mentality we often have with players.

Technically he plays as a CDM, though he has a real engine about him and could probably play box-to-box.

He does have a bit of the Soumare feel to him too though... :unsure:

its that thing of having an underdog team doing well at the moment, we usually try and poach a player a la Soumare with Lille but it just cant translate into the PL

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Interesting player, he had a brilliant 22/23, but by all accounts had a bit of a stinker last time round. So fits into the classic "we can fix them" mentality we often have with players.

Technically he plays as a CDM, though he has a real engine about him and could probably play box-to-box.

He does have a bit of the Soumare feel to him too though... :unsure:

During the 22/23 season I personally thought he was Lens most underrated player. The partnership he built with Seko Fofana was excellent, and they complemented each other really well. In possession Samed was very reliable, while on the defensive end I wouldn’t class him as an enforcer type, but he had good defensive awareness to protect the back three and mop up danger. 

This season though as you’ve pretty much said, his form has fell off a cliff. In the early part of the season, Franck Haise was very much mix and matching trying to find the right midfield partnership. Samed though just looked off, really didn’t look the same player since Seko Fofana departed. More mistakes crept into his game defensively, while in possession he didn’t look as reliable. As the 23/24 season went on, Haise very much preferred using Neil El Aynaoui(Who I rate highly) and NAMPALYS MENDY! 

I personally don’t see Samed as a box to box midfielder, he is very much a sitting kind of midfielder, who can be really strong and dependable in possession. 

But he is the definition of a player that looks broken, if we want a midfielder from Lens, I’d rather El Aynaoui. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

the classic "we can fix them" mentality we often have with players

**** no. That's not our philosophy at all. That's Rodgers philosophy and it's what has financially crippled the club. 

The "classic mentality we often have with players" is buy affordable young talent whose value is almost certainly trending upwards. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

**** no. That's not our philosophy at all. That's Rodgers philosophy and it's what has financially crippled the club. 

The "classic mentality we often have with players" is buy affordable young talent whose value is almost certainly trending upwards. 

Winks?

Coady?

Mavididi?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Winks?

Coady?

Mavididi?

I wouldn't consider any of those to be "broken players" (Rodgers terminology.)

I also think Winks and Mavididi could yet turn out to be profit makers given we got both immensely cheap. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I wouldn't consider any of those to be "broken players" (Rodgers terminology.)

I also think Winks and Mavididi could yet turn out to be profit makers given we got both immensely cheap. 

I think our philosophy was and should be unwanted cast offs rather than broken.

Bit like Winks a Spurs cast off with something to prove.  

5 hours ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Hearing rumours from inside the club that they’re looking at Salis Abdul Samed from Lens as an Ndidi replacement. Not sure if any truth but just what I’ve been told

Weren't we linked with him two years ago?

Edited to say, yes we were

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-double-transfer-claim-7836163

27 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

We are not getting Fernandez I'm afraid. This guy is a great X (formerly Twitter) follow and he's been raving about him for the past 18 months. Seems like he's destined for bigger things than us and will get snapped up by a giant.

Very good prospect with a pretty low release clause. Oscar Zambrano would be a cheaper and more realistic target for us.

As @Tommy Fresh has highlighted to us many times, he is tailor made for a top European league imminently.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

Imagine going from La Bombonera atmosphere to.....Leicester.

If we make the right managerial appointment and we can unite under a 'fvck PSR' mentality, I think it could be pretty tasty down the City next season.

Big ifs, though.

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Alan Nixon knows absolutley fck all

Absolutely. Constant stream of BS to keep his Patreon going. Why plenty of mugs sign-up for this, I don't know

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Basically just SFE behind a pay wall at this point 

Totally agree. If you look at his Tweets, they're laughably vague. He's basically taken the old Club Call format from back in the day and digitised it. Mostly fleecing young kids who possibly don't know any better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

Totally agree. If you look at his Tweets, they're laughably vague. He's basically taken the old Club Call format from back in the day and digitised it. Mostly fleecing young kids who possibly don't know any better.

0898 12 11 85

I ( my parents :whistle:) spent loads of money on that back in the day.

• Haha 1