Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Most likely he would be a loan signing as Burnley won't want to cover his wages in the Championship. The Dutch team proved during the Euros that when they needed a goal, bringing the big man on and making it messy worked. As an impact player, he's got value.

Again that would be pretty good for us. A loan covering his wages and a obligation if we stay up kind of deal.

That way we are not stuck with a big earner if it doesn't work out. If it does we have a decent player for another couple of years.

• Like 1

Weghorst only has a year left on his Burnley deal after initially signing for £12m. It'll likely be a low fee to buy him out of his contract and Burnley will be keen to get him off the books.

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Most likely he would be a loan signing as Burnley won't want to cover his wages in the Championship. The Dutch team proved during the Euros that when they needed a goal, bringing the big man on and making it messy worked. As an impact player, he's got value.

Only 1 year left on his contract, so I doubt we could loan him. Offer 3M to buy?

• Like 1

Wout ****ing Weghorst is it 1995.

It makes me so ****ing frustrated that caveman football would genuinely delight half of this place that I want to rip out my own toenails in anguish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Vardy, Daka and Weghorst as our forward options with Cannon going out on loan would that be good enough, I would say so. He definitely is the very definition of a target man, and hopefully when we do need to a win / draw, if we are approaching the latter part of the game, he can contribute.

Edited by Happy Fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It makes me so ****ing frustrated that caveman football would genuinely delight half of this place that I want to rip out my own toenails in anguish. 

What’s wrong with hitting the ball into the box or going more direct at times? Everyone seems to have think they can play like Pep now days where there’s only a few clubs in the world that can play that way effectively 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Again that would be pretty good for us. A loan covering his wages and a obligation if we stay up kind of deal.

That way we are not stuck with a big earner if it doesn't work out. If it does we have a decent player for another couple of years.

He's 31 so personally I wouldn't be too keen on him being for a long time.

But he's a decent player. He presses hard from the front, can hold up / link the play and is a physical threat. His finishing isn't the best and I'm not sure he's a starter, but in the modern game with 5 subs, someone like him 100% has value. If you are in a relegation dogfight, he's got a lot of characteristics that are to be admired.

He got 7 goals and 3 assists from 28 games (4 sub appearances) last season. Needless to say he ranks very highly in duels won, but his "team play" statistics are very good:

ZibomWf.png

• Like 2

I would rather the ball being crossed into the box into a target man than pissing about with it and losing it 

If that makes me old fashioned I guess just call me Barney 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Think it's a bit of a misnomer about him that he's an old fashioned target man. Yes he his physically strong, but he's a fantastic presser of the ball, that's his real strength. I went to the Carabao Cup final two seasons ago which Man United won, and when he played, and he was a pressing machine. I posted his stats above, he's actually a great link man with his feet, not just in the air. The fact that Ten Hag used him a lot I think is a good testamanet to his work ethic and what he offers.

For Holland when they brought him on, it was when they embraced chaos and were happy to be vulnerable on the break so they could chase the game. But they started with Memphis Depay as their Plan A.