Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Sargent wouldn't even get us promoted next season if we go down. Midtable championship striker at best. His one prem season he scored 2 goals and 1 assist in 26 games. 

He's been at Norwich 4 seasons, and had one half decent season, so it's a no from me, but he's just the sort of non striker the club will probably settle on.

Many established players struggle their first season in the prem let alone a kid that doesn’t make him a bad player, his last 2 seasons he’s been very good and is still relatively young, for me if the price was right I wouldn’t be against it especially if you consider the alternatives are players like Maupay lol 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I wouldn't put Maupay and Sargent in the same bracket.

Unfortunately our options are limited. We're not in a position to sign a proven striker who we know will be a success for us. We have to take a gamble on somebody. 

Correct. No me neither. Sarge is a much better player. Not a bad striking record in the last two seasons

To be fair to Sergeant, he was a 21 year old, first season in English football, in a god awful team when he last played in the prem. 

16 goals in 26 games, a goal every 116 minutes last year, is a pretty decent return in any league. A Norwich mate of mine thinks he’s going to explode this year.

he’s clearly not going to be the next big thing but we’re scraping the barrel now. Think people still think we’ve got the pull of 5 years ago, sadly not the case.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

How much would Sargent be? Over 20m I am guessing?

Yea I’d say this would be one of the obvious reasons why it won’t happen…. Unless they’re interested in Cannon and a few quid

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Many established players struggle their first season in the prem let alone a kid that doesn’t make him a bad player, his last 2 seasons he’s been very good and is still relatively young, for me if the price was right I wouldn’t be against it especially if you consider the alternatives are players like Maupay lol 

Maupay is a no from me as well. The point is, along with a KDH replacement, a striker was a priority position, that we needed to spend a fair proportion of our budget on.

Instead we have spewed more money on players or positions that were not as important, which is why will probably end up with sodding Maupay or Sargent!

2 minutes ago, Micky said:

Cooper wants someone who presses hard and can hold onto the ball....

"Wait until the end of Friday, you might see Rudkin in a different light"

You're right, if he brings in Sargeant or Maupay i'm going to lock the **** in a pitch black room. 

Pretty sure Dom Solanke had a rank prem record and was considered a failed signing for a good while for Bournemouth, now a £50m player, Sargent is big strong and mobile, he would be ideal if we could work a deal out

• Like 1

Sargent is a weird one. 

He has certain attributes that I can see the Leicester scouting team being fond of, out of possession he works hard and presses well. While in possession, he was statistically one of the best strikers in the Championship for accurate passes last season.

The season he had in the Premier League, even though most of his performances were crap, he was often played out of position both by Daniel Farke and Dean Smith. 

That season is a massive stain on his career, but after reading up on it, maybe he actually gets too harshly criticised for it.