Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

19 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Seems to be about VK's competition rather than compensation. 

I think it would be odd to have a collection of that good lb's in this league. 

If we could get a good deal on Giles, id probably be looking to loan VK out somewhere in europe. He's still got a few too many rough edges. Im not against him figuring that out with us, but in that scenario there should be no need for Giles. If we get Giles.. he plays every game and personally id see it more worthwhile to hold thomas for back up than VK, who imo has a higher glass ceiling.. just lacks experience. 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I think it would be odd to have a collection of that good lb's in this league. 

If we could get a good deal on Giles, id probably be looking to loan VK out somewhere in europe. He's still got a few too many rough edges. Im not against him figuring that out with us, but in that scenario there should be no need for Giles. If we get Giles.. he plays every game and personally id see it more worthwhile to hold thomas for back up than VK, who imo has a higher glass ceiling.. just lacks experience. 

If this is true, then I'd imagine Thomas will be moved on this summer, with VK and Giles competing to play, as both are quite aggressive LBs suited to the Wing Back position. Thomas is also one of the players out of contract next year, and I can't imagine the club are in a rush to get him to sign a new one. 

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

So the article is no more than a 1+1 bit of guess work based on us being loosely linked with another left back (who can also play on the wing) …

Basically, yes. It confirms nothing new, only comments on an existing rumour and what it could mean for a player that the Danes actually care about.

Edited by Verumex

8 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

pretty sure we was interested in him last year or something, certainly wouldnt say no to trying to get him in

Would suit how Maresca set up his City youth side. Certainly not against this 

30 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Would suit how Maresca set up his City youth side. Certainly not against this 

...his balance is poor, a tendency for the ball to run away from him due to poor touch, very ragged, not sure we cannot find a DM better than this!!!

Mohammed Kaba comes to mind, Hamer has outstanding numbers.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...his balance is poor, a tendency for the ball to run away from him due to poor touch, very ragged, not sure we cannot find a DM better than this!!!

I may be wrong, but I had him more of an advanced 8 than a DM?

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

whats everyone obsession with him, id be very surprised if he moved from one championship club to another, more than likely go to a prem club or something like that

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

whats everyone obsession with him, id be very surprised if he moved from one championship club to another, more than likely go to a prem club or something like that

that’s  the reason for the obsession. We can all see he’s prem quality and we hope a deal doesn’t materialize for him and we can capitalize as a club best placed to push for promotion and increase his wage 🤷‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

that’s  the reason for the obsession. We can all see he’s prem quality and we hope a deal doesn’t materialize for him and we can capitalize as a club best placed to push for promotion and increase his wage 🤷‍♂️

only way we getting him is by paying well over the odds, and Coventry will class us as a rival, so why weaken themselves to sell to us and make us stronger

if anyone comes in for him, its a newly promoted or mid to lower prem team, we atm are not a step up for him

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Don't judge him on the video, he's very highly rated by many in the game. He's a box-to-box player, not a DM, although who knows what kind of role Maresca has planned for him.

A friend of mine who is a Brum supporter says he's very highly thought of behind closed doors there and big things are expected. He made 13 starts and 17 sub appearances according to WhoScored, and that#s as a 17/18 year old. That's pretty impressive already.

I'd welcome this type of signing, seems like the type the new manager could mould into something special.

A soumare type replacement maybe?

4 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

pretty sure we was interested in him last year or something, certainly wouldnt say no to trying to get him in

Blues supporting mate said hands off and he'd be more annoyed with him leaving than Jobe Bellingham

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

A soumare type replacement maybe?

A wet bag of cement would probably be more effective than Soumare!

Out of curiosity, I put George Hall into Football Manager and the player he is very similar to is Adrian Bernabe of Parma, but a right sided version. Bernabe we've also been linked with. If you look at the players that Maresca used at Man City U23's or at Parma, all of them tended to be pretty complete all-round players. Comfortable on the ball, good positional sense, etc. If there's an area they excel in, it's technically, so I think we are likely to be linked to players like that.

We know Maresca likes to use either a 4231 or 433. Perhaps he might even try the 3421 that Man City switched to this year to win the treble. If you play a 433 then you only need a single pivot and two mobile / box-to-box 8's that are technical on the ball and all-rounders, which is what he and Bernabe tend to be. If you play a 4231 then one of the pivots is the defensive shield and the other has a bit more licence to roam forward like Tielemans did for us. Ironically, Soumare won the league with Lille as part of a double pivot but never really done it for us. Soumare be someone that Maresca could turn into a top player, but on 70K a week, I think he gets sold or loaned out for the season because he hasn't justified those wages for us.

• Like 3