Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

14 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

We need to forget about the PL and sign players that will get us out of the Championship - if that's next year then great but if not we need to plan for our time in the Championship. 

All the talk and comparison with players being suitable for the PL or even competing with PL teams for players is complete nonsense. 

You sooner we accept we need to build a team for the Championship the better

Couldn't disagree with this more if I tried. Is this a joke?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

No it's not Ric, its the reality of the situation we and the club find our self in now and into next year

The club evidently don't view it that way though. Their splurging £18.5m on Coady and Winks shows that. We need a huge rebuild and if we have certain finances to enable us to go after players on reasonable wages with the potential to improve, then we don't then need such an extensive 2nd rebuild as soon as we get promoted.

I share your nervousness of the situation we are in and if we get this wrong then it could be nasty. But if there's funds available then I see little point spending a lot of it on players that don't have the ability to play at a higher level than the Championship. Save those short term signings as loans or nominal fees for players with Championship experience. Funnily enough exactly what Pearson did.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

We need to forget about the PL and sign players that will get us out of the Championship - if that's next year then great but if not we need to plan for our time in the Championship. 

All the talk and comparison with players being suitable for the PL or even competing with PL teams for players is complete nonsense. 

Our aim this season is to get promoted. I think that's clear. So you are correct, we need to build a team that can get us out of the Championship however a bit of forward planning would be great too.

I think we need to take into account whether players can make the step up too, should we make it. We don't want to be signing too many ageing players or previous flops on mega contracts. Coady and Winks are decent signings for me however I wouldn't want too many players of a similar age, signing on 3 year contracts. Doesn't make financial sense.

So yeah, to sumarise, you aint wrong but we still need to be ambitious.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The club evidently don't view it that way though. Their splurging £18.5m on Coady and Winks shows that. We need a huge rebuild and if we have certain finances to enable us to go after players on reasonable wages with the potential to improve, then we don't then need such an extensive 2nd rebuild as soon as we get promoted.

I share your nervousness of the situation we are in and if we get this wrong then it could be nasty. But if there's funds available then I see little point spending a lot of it on players that don't have the ability to play at a higher level than the Championship. Save those short term signings as loans or nominal fees for players with Championship experience. Funnily enough exactly what Pearson did.

I worry about goals and creativity. Maddison gone. Barnes, Iheanacho likely gone. Daka either gone or potentially not good enough. No wingers. Vardy 37 during the season. 

I know we'll sign replacements, but we've currently got half a team, and until I see proof in the pudding I don't trust the current set up to sign players that can contribute even half the G+A the above crop do/did...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I think we are. If we are looking to get back to the Premier League this season then there is no point in signing players on 3-4 year contracts if they are not capable of becoming PL players in that time period.

We need to sign relevant players that will fit into the system we'll be playing that we feel will help us get promoted, that's it.

We can't afford to go for perceived premier league standard players, we can't afford it. 

Piroe a championship player perceived to be premier league quality, likely to go to a premier League side who can afford his fee and wages he'll demand. That's the reality we're in. 

We'd never have won the league if we hadn't take risks on a non league player or award skinny player from Le Harve. Not comparing them at all but the argument we shouldn't be looking at these signings. We have to, reality check needed for lots on here. 

I for one want to get the best you youngsters etc etc but they'll be loans that's our market with a few pragmatic buys. Tete was a perceived prem player but turned into a distaster.  

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ric I generally agree with you, but I don’t here.

I don’t think we can take the “risk” of as many unproven players and completely clearing the deadwood.  

I believe our current squad has the quality required to head straight back up. We have been missing

1. Competent managerial and medical staff

2. a competent Exec team

3. on field leadership

Pearson had to bring in cheap, “point to prove” players as we didn’t have youth to promote. I think we do now. We also now have a much higher reputation, so when we come knocking, clubs are putting the prices high. 

Winks and Coady aren’t being brought in for resell, they’re being brought to drive freshness and leadership into a squad. They are too good for this level. If this £18.5m investment gets us back up, it’s well worth it. If it doesn’t, I would at least expect better leadership than what we’ve had the last 18 months, where we’ve had all the talent and no accountability.

I would rather us be complimenting these players with solid young loan signings from the big boys, clearing the players who don’t want to be here, and pushing our current youth into the first team. If we have more holes, I have no problem investing into players with experience/leadership.

£100m from promotion is better than the £15m profit we might get from 1 or 2 players.

1 hour ago, Lesta Legend said:

We need to sign relevant players that will fit into the system we'll be playing that we feel will help us get promoted, that's it.

We can't afford to go for perceived premier league standard players, we can't afford it. 

Piroe a championship player perceived to be premier league quality, likely to go to a premier League side who can afford his fee and wages he'll demand. That's the reality we're in. 

We'd never have won the league if we hadn't take risks on a non league player or award skinny player from Le Harve. Not comparing them at all but the argument we shouldn't be looking at these signings. We have to, reality check needed for lots on here. 

I for one want to get the best you youngsters etc etc but they'll be loans that's our market with a few pragmatic buys. Tete was a perceived prem player but turned into a distaster.  

We HAVE just signed two premiership standard players in Winks and Coady so obviously we CAN afford it.:nigel:

31 minutes ago, ACF said:

Ric I generally agree with you, but I don’t here.

I don’t think we can take the “risk” of as many unproven players and completely clearing the deadwood.  

I believe our current squad has the quality required to head straight back up. We have been missing

1. Competent managerial and medical staff

2. a competent Exec team

3. on field leadership

Pearson had to bring in cheap, “point to prove” players as we didn’t have youth to promote. I think we do now. We also now have a much higher reputation, so when we come knocking, clubs are putting the prices high. 

Winks and Coady aren’t being brought in for resell, they’re being brought to drive freshness and leadership into a squad. They are too good for this level. If this £18.5m investment gets us back up, it’s well worth it. If it doesn’t, I would at least expect better leadership than what we’ve had the last 18 months, where we’ve had all the talent and no accountability.

I would rather us be complimenting these players with solid young loan signings from the big boys, clearing the players who don’t want to be here, and pushing our current youth into the first team. If we have more holes, I have no problem investing into players with experience/leadership.

£100m from promotion is better than the £15m profit we might get from 1 or 2 players.

I think you've misunderstood me. What I'm saying is, we need a rebuild. We've been told we need a rebuild whether that was if we stayed in the PL or got relegated. Players still need to leave, the likes of Ndidi, Praet etc are done here. 

There's very little point us spending all our money on players that haven't got the potential to improve and hopefully be PL quality players. We need a blend of young and possibly unproven players with vast potential who view Leicester as a step up and won't be on ridiculous wages, and some experience either at a higher level if that's the clubs desire or at least of what it takes to succeed in the Championship.

What we mustn't do though is carry on overspending and not really build a squad capable of getting us back to where our ambition and target is (top 10 of the PL). We need better financial flexibility and must learn our lesson in the wage structure we snookered ourselves with. 

It's not easy to build a squad that doesn't require much surgery once you get in the Prem, but as you say we've a nucleus still in this squad of players that are good enough. 

Mavididi on sensible wages and less than £7m would be an OK signing, he might step up and do it at PL level too but for every signing like that I want to see us adding some unpolished talents that we've been so good at in the past of developing and they go on to be world beaters.

3 hours ago, Shit_arse said:

... there are more than enough posters that are focused on building for the Championship!!!

Maresca himself has stated that we are a Premier League club in the Championship, he is not short-sighted, why should we be? We need to build a team with growth in mind, it will be a team first and foremost,  not constrained to be a second-tier group hoping to survive.

57 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

We HAVE just signed two premiership standard players in Winks and Coady so obviously we CAN afford it.:nigel:

Yes I'm sure the club will go and get the half a squad of players we need all at premier league prices. £70+ million spend by that logic. Obviously the aren't going to start doing this in the championship. 

We'll  keep some some players that have come down, get a few loans and pragmatic buys which should make us competitive. We will not be spending huge sums and out competing premier league teams for the likes of Piroe. 

The delusion is almost funny from some fans on here. 

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I worry about goals and creativity. Maddison gone. Barnes, Iheanacho likely gone. Daka either gone or potentially not good enough. No wingers. Vardy 37 during the season. 

I know we'll sign replacements, but we've currently got half a team, and until I see proof in the pudding I don't trust the current set up to sign players that can contribute even half the G+A the above crop do/did...

Don't panic, we've still got Soumare :scarf:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Our aim this season is to get promoted. I think that's clear. So you are correct, we need to build a team that can get us out of the Championship however a bit of forward planning would be great too.

I think we need to take into account whether players can make the step up too, should we make it. We don't want to be signing too many ageing players or previous flops on mega contracts. Coady and Winks are decent signings for me however I wouldn't want too many players of a similar age, signing on 3 year contracts. Doesn't make financial sense.

So yeah, to sumarise, you aint wrong but we still need to be ambitious.

Winks is 27!  

21 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Yes I'm sure the club will go and get the half a squad of players we need all at premier league prices. £70+ million spend by that logic. Obviously the aren't going to start doing this in the championship. 

We'll  keep some some players that have come down, get a few loans and pragmatic buys which should make us competitive. We will not be spending huge sums and out competing premier league teams for the likes of Piroe. 

The delusion is almost funny from some fans on here. 

That's a long way short of saying we can't afford premier standard players though isn't it given that we have signed two? I was just pointing out the inaccuracy of that statement. No delusions there just facts.

8 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

A player very much in / entering his peak, off the back of multiple seasons disrupted by injuries. Not typically a signing that's worked for us. 

Agree to an extent about his injury record but think there is absolutely nothing wrong with a 27yr old signing a 3 year contract. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

That's a long way short of saying we can't afford premier standard players though isn't it given that we have signed two? I was just pointing out the inaccuracy of that statement. No delusions there just facts.

They're pragmatic buys both of those players have been torn to shreds on here for not the standard we should be going for, players on their way down not good enough for *premiership* teams. 

Yet the same people while not liking the likes of Coady and Winks seem to have the unrealistic expectations of some players that sadly are now out of our league. I think Piroe would come here, we'll pay better than Swansea. However if we're up against a premier league side we won't be competing. 

Getting a premier league player on loan I can see, probably a youngster or two later in the window, with Doyle I hope as a buy. But like our youngsters while we were premier league there is standard is unproven and aren't a premier league level, yet and aren't evidently better than some on here confidently make out.  

Also why would any Leicester fan think our board had a plan in place after relegation to have done out anylysis on a list of young hungry players across the top leagues of europe. We know full well they're just reacting now and working within a budget that will limit what we go for. Unless of course we get a move on with selling the likes of Barnes, Catsagne, Nacho for the big money I'm sure the club will hold out for. 

10 minutes ago, Rhysm said:

Agree to an extent about his injury record but think there is absolutely nothing wrong with a 27yr old signing a 3 year contract. 

There isn't and I've not suggested there's anything wrong with it. I just wouldn't want to build a squad with similar signings. 

Personally I'd like us to include some younger players with a greater ceiling both ability wise and financially. Based on rumours, that's what we appear to be doing. 

Edited by leicesterlad1989
  • Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

This “reality” of the situation comment is doing my absolute tree in.

The reality of the situation in we’re the biggest team that’s played in this league questionably ever, certainly since it’s rebranding…. 

The reality of the situation is with our budget, and targets we should piss it, and use it as an opportunity to build a young hungry team. 

What you’ve suggested is what the likes of Neil Warnock has been doing for years, and not once has it been transferable to the premier league. 

What you need to do is build a team of players capable of playing in the premier league….

Couldn't agree more. Anything else is a (further) dereliction of duty from the powers that be. What's the point of appointing EM if we're just going to accept a "reality" of a situation? The appointment seemed like we were going to have a real go at it in a different way. 

How aren't we capable of unearthing talent, be that from Premier League U23's setups, the continent or even the Championship and below that has either the potential to be a Premier League player or command a large transfer fee in the future to aid with further rebuilds upon sale? Winks and Coady as signings are fair enough, but become far more shrewd are we able to offload the remaining "deadwood" on extortionate wages and replace them with young, hungry talent. The likes of these signings, followed by Tom Cairney et al who have been mentioned get us absolutley nowhere 3 years down the line and we're back to square one scratching our heads again with a "How did this happen..?" look slapped all over our faces. Some would argue it's a risk gambling on youth/potential, but what have we really got to lose at this point? Half our biggest assets walked out the front doors for free this summer, where does it get any worse?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This “reality” of the situation comment is doing my absolute tree in.

The reality of the situation in we’re the biggest team that’s played in this league questionably ever, certainly since it’s rebranding…. 

The reality of the situation is with our budget, and targets we should piss it, and use it as an opportunity to build a young hungry team. 

What you’ve suggested is what the likes of Neil Warnock has been doing for years, and not once has it been transferable to the premier league. 

What you need to do is build a team of players capable of playing in the premier league….

Wouldn’t Leeds or Saints says the exact same thing?