Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

4 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

They're pragmatic buys both of those players have been torn to shreds on here for not the standard we should be going for, players on their way down not good enough for *premiership* teams. 

Yet the same people while not liking the likes of Coady and Winks seem to have the unrealistic expectations of some players that sadly are now out of our league. I think Piroe would come here, we'll pay better than Swansea. However if we're up against a premier league side we won't be competing. 

Getting a premier league player on loan I can see, probably a youngster or two later in the window, with Doyle I hope as a buy. But like our youngsters while we were premier league there is standard is unproven and aren't a premier league level, yet and aren't evidently better than some on here confidently make out.  

Also why would any Leicester fan think our board had a plan in place after relegation to have done out anylysis on a list of young hungry players across the top leagues of europe. We know full well they're just reacting now and working within a budget that will limit what we go for. Unless of course we get a move on with selling the likes of Barnes, Catsagne, Nacho for the big money I'm sure the club will hold out for. 

Winks and Coady ARE still premier standard players and I doubt they would be coming down a league if it were not for the fact we are still a premier club setup and have only just been relegated with the bookies making us one of the favourites to go straight back up and have an exciting new manager as well. You come across as being very pessimistic. Cheer up and don't do so much over analysis we are going back up.:scarf:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Winks and Coady ARE still premier standard players and I doubt they would be coming down a league if it were not for the fact we are still a premier club setup and have only just been relegated with the bookies making us one of the favourites to go straight back up and have an exciting new manager as well. You come across as being very pessimistic. Cheer up and don't do so much over analysis we are going back up.:scarf:

I'll have what your having

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think you've misunderstood me. What I'm saying is, we need a rebuild. We've been told we need a rebuild whether that was if we stayed in the PL or got relegated. Players still need to leave, the likes of Ndidi, Praet etc are done here. 

There's very little point us spending all our money on players that haven't got the potential to improve and hopefully be PL quality players. We need a blend of young and possibly unproven players with vast potential who view Leicester as a step up and won't be on ridiculous wages, and some experience either at a higher level if that's the clubs desire or at least of what it takes to succeed in the Championship.

What we mustn't do though is carry on overspending and not really build a squad capable of getting us back to where our ambition and target is (top 10 of the PL). We need better financial flexibility and must learn our lesson in the wage structure we snookered ourselves with. 

It's not easy to build a squad that doesn't require much surgery once you get in the Prem, but as you say we've a nucleus still in this squad of players that are good enough. 

Mavididi on sensible wages and less than £7m would be an OK signing, he might step up and do it at PL level too but for every signing like that I want to see us adding some unpolished talents that we've been so good at in the past of developing and they go on to be world beaters.

RIGHT THEN FISTICUFFS AT DAWN

That makes sense, but really, over the last two years, who have we made better? I know that’s a BR thing, but current track record doesn’t support the development idea.

13 hours ago, Pliskin said:

This “reality” of the situation comment is doing my absolute tree in.

The reality of the situation in we’re the biggest team that’s played in this league questionably ever, certainly since it’s rebranding…. 

The reality of the situation is with our budget, and targets we should piss it, and use it as an opportunity to build a young hungry team. 

What you’ve suggested is what the likes of Neil Warnock has been doing for years, and not once has it been transferable to the premier league. 

What you need to do is build a team of players capable of playing in the premier league….

Yep and it's not even controversial to say it. Teams are calling us the PSG of the league for spending less than half of what we've received for Maddison. We've gone into the league with a squad that absolutely shouldn't have been in the discussion for relegation let alone somehow seen it through.

This idea we now need to start buying lesser players is mental. Go for the best you can get. Yes - that is not quite what we'd have been able to get as a PL club, but it's definitely above virtually anybody in this division.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On the face of it we have acquired Winks & Coady, we have lost Maddison, Tielemans, Mendy,Soyuncu, Amartey, and possibly Barnes, Castagne, Kel, Ricardo & Wilf

Whichever way I look at it, we clearly need more players, of the right quality, and we have under 4 weeks to gather at least 4 more players, predominantly midfielders and forwards, otherwise as a squad we’ll be miles behind squad depth over the last few years….

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

On the face of it we have acquired Winks & Coady, we have lost Maddison, Tielemans, Mendy,Soyuncu, Amartey, and possibly Barnes, Castagne, Kel, Ricardo & Wilf

Whichever way I look at it, we clearly need more players, of the right quality, and we have under 4 weeks to gather at least 4 more players, predominantly midfielders and forwards, otherwise as a squad we’ll be miles behind squad depth over the last few years….

Correct and the lack of creativity is a big worry for me (centrally), plus the winger situation. If we lose Barnes then we’re left with just Albrighton, not an issue if the system we want to play doesn’t require wingers, but ideally you need that flexibility and the ability to play different ways, which of course requires a good depth of squad. 

Not panicking yet, but the club really needs to press on and bring a few more players in, especially with more departures likely. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Ricardo (sick note) ain’t going nowhere. 

14 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Not sure why so many call it the Premiership when it's not been that since about 2007, or something.

The Premiership is rugby or Scotland. 

Not sure why anybody here is talking about it anyway given that we now play in Division II. 

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Maybe fewer players are leaving than we expected?

Agree with this, although I'd change expected to hoped

I think the club, like a lot of us fans, have to accept that we aren't getting the money we want for our players, so we either let them go cheaper or we are stuck with them.

Castagne and Iheanacho potentially going for under 10m each is sickening, but that's the interest they've attracted 

Newcastle could quite easily steal Barnes at 25m, we need the money and he's our last real asset.

There's a reason why there has been no real interest for the rest.. Wilf Riccy soumare etc   either injured all the time, played terrible for a while or both... in a team that's just been relegated, hardly a pull is it

Unless we cut our losses and shift them on for nothing and make use of the saving in the wages and exploit the loan market I think we might struggle.

Genuinely feel like the defence is one cb away from being tight for the season  and if we lose only one of daka and Iheanacho we have enough up front.. but the midfield has nothing going forward at present. Ideally want whoever the club are looking at in with a fortnight left until the new season at least to bed in... no idea who that could be though 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Simonb said:

Agree with this, although I'd change expected to hoped

I think the club, like a lot of us fans, have to accept that we aren't getting the money we want for our players, so we either let them go cheaper or we are stuck with them.

Castagne and Iheanacho potentially going for under 10m each is sickening, but that's the interest they've attracted 

Newcastle could quite easily steal Barnes at 25m, we need the money and he's our last real asset.

There's a reason why there has been no real interest for the rest.. Wilf Riccy soumare etc   either injured all the time, played terrible for a while or both... in a team that's just been relegated, hardly a pull is it

Unless we cut our losses and shift them on for nothing and make use of the saving in the wages and exploit the loan market I think we might struggle.

Genuinely feel like the defence is one cb away from being tight for the season  and if we lose only one of daka and Iheanacho we have enough up front.. but the midfield has nothing going forward at present. Ideally want whoever the club are looking at in with a fortnight left until the new season at least to bed in... no idea who that could be though 

the club will not accept £25mil for Barnes and the club arent in dire need of the money, of course theyd like some money to lay out on transfers but they wont be low balled for players either

• Like 2