Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

If we end up signing Bowler this summer, them that makes last summer's window look even worse in retrospect. He was at Blackpool, they wanted to sign Callum Wright from us, we had our long standing right winger problem. So naturally we sold them Wright for a little cash, then sat by idly as Forest signed bowler for sod all then immediately loaned him out. Now we will probably end up handing Forest a tidy little profit on a platter, when we could have signed him up last year for a smaller spend than what we spent on cardboard clappers.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

If we end up signing Bowler this summer, them that makes last summer's window look even worse in retrospect. He was at Blackpool, they wanted to sign Callum Wright from us, we had our long standing right winger problem. So naturally we sold them Wright for a little cash, then sat by idly as Forest signed bowler for sod all then immediately loaned him out. Now we will probably end up handing Forest a tidy little profit on a platter, when we could have signed him up last year for a smaller spend than what we spent on cardboard clappers.

Last season we weren't planning on ending up the in the Championship. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and im pretty sure if we stayed up we wouldn't be giving two hoots about Bowler.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

...we never thought he was good enough and is still not the quality we are looking for!!!

There are constraints in being in the second tier, but we seem to be tieing ourselves down without much help from outside.

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we never thought he was good enough and is still not the quality we are looking for!!!

There are constraints in being in the second tier, but we seem to be tieing ourselves down without much help from outside.

I'm not saying he would have been a world beater, but the counter point to not being the quality we are looking for is - were the club actually looking for quality in that position? Or looking at all? As they neglected the position for half the season (again) then hashed it over with a 6 month loan deal which again failed to accomplish anything. Meanwhile, the right wing options we used were: Maddison (out of position), Praet (out of position), Albrighton (the only winger option, until we bounced him out on loan), Daka (out of position), Nacho (out of position), Perez (out of position), castagne (out of position), Ricardo (out of position) and Tete. Surely he might have been worth a cheap punt on the off chance, would have at least added a young winger to the squad. If it didn't work out, he could have been easily loaned out or sold for little loss anyway.

1 hour ago, Clarkey123 said:

Isn’t this the same club that will be paying Kante £100million a year?

It isn’t, but they are the club paying Ronaldo a similar amount of money per year, and they are bank rolled by the Saudi state. They can definitely afford it. 

24 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

It isn’t, but they are the club paying Ronaldo a similar amount of money per year, and they are bank rolled by the Saudi state. They can definitely afford it. 

The debt is from before PIF bought into the club. I guess they didn’t want to pay it until they were forced to (which has now happened ) 

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I don’t know why but it bothers me how they’ve started doing the whole (born in 2003) just tell me how old he is, I don’t want to have to do the math!! lol 

I'm pretty sure they just do it so i feel old as f$%%

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I don’t know why but it bothers me how they’ve started doing the whole (born in 2003) just tell me how old he is, I don’t want to have to do the math!! lol 

2003... Even I can manage that one lol

Although it also depends if he's South Korean these days 

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

I'm not saying he would have been a world beater, but the counter point to not being the quality we are looking for is - were the club actually looking for quality in that position? Or looking at all? As they neglected the position for half the season (again) then hashed it over with a 6 month loan deal which again failed to accomplish anything. Meanwhile, the right wing options we used were: Maddison (out of position), Praet (out of position), Albrighton (the only winger option, until we bounced him out on loan), Daka (out of position), Nacho (out of position), Perez (out of position), castagne (out of position), Ricardo (out of position) and Tete. Surely he might have been worth a cheap punt on the off chance, would have at least added a young winger to the squad. If it didn't work out, he could have been easily loaned out or sold for little loss anyway.

...we were chasing wild geese!!!

This club has no idea how to recognise a winger, never mind someone who could play on the right?

• Like 1