Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Fair to say he’s leaving to someone soon 

Poor guy. Just broken through to the first team at 17, and chipping in with great performances during a relegation battle, and subject to that!

Probably best for hm to go to a Latin speaking country though, the assault on him and threats to his family which have happened as a result of that interview are vile and would leave anyone shaken for a long time.

A more realistic signing would be Dario Osorio, who us and many Premier League teams were linked with, as were Milan. I'm surprised he hasn't moved anywhere yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Poor guy. Just broken through to the first team at 17, and chipping in with great performances during a relegation battle, and subject to that!

Probably best for hm to go to a Latin speaking country though, the assault on him and threats to his family which have happened as a result of that interview are vile and would leave anyone shaken for a long time.

A more realistic signing would be Dario Osorio, who us and many Premier League teams were linked with, as were Milan. I'm surprised he hasn't moved anywhere yet.

Comfortable in the average points relegation table, although yeah looks like they relegated whoever actually finished bottom of the regular table this year as well, so they could have easily dropped. Also as much talent as there is in Argentina and Brazil we'll get better value for money from other South American nations, even though I've suggested some Argentinians before.

I like Osorio but think Aravena from Catolica is a better shout than both Osorio and Assadi from Universidad de Chile.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

I wish we would go into the South American market for players. However, the fact we've only had 4/5 players from there in our existence, coupled with the fact we don't even scout the region suggests that we won't be anytime soon

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Staff said:

I wish we would go into the South American market for players. However, the fact we've only had 4/5 players from there in our existence, coupled with the fact we don't even scout the region suggests that we won't be anytime soon

Annoying really, we could comfortably sign a handful from outside of Brazil, Argentina and Colombia for not much at all. Add in if they turn out a bit meh, chances are we'd at least recoup what we paid.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Staff said:

It is odd we've rarely dipped into it. Surely we must have some scouts there though? It would be ridiculous for us not to.

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Osorio link is such an odd one. It came out of the blue, suggesting there's no smoke without fire. And we were the only team linked. Since then, it's mainly been West Ham and Milan who have been linked with him, and nothing about us again. Wish we could find out what happened there. Maybe relegation did scupper the move? 

Just now, CloudFox said:

It is odd we've rarely dipped into it. Surely we must have some scouts there though? It would be ridiculous for us not to.

The Osorio link is such an odd one. It came out of the blue, suggesting there's no smoke without fire. And we were the only team linked. Since then, it's mainly been West Ham and Milan who have been linked with him, and nothing about us again. Wish we could find out what happened there. Maybe relegation did scupper the move? 

Marcelino Nunez moved to Norwich after their relegation, Osorio or his representatives may think he's above this level but I think if we went with a serious bid and decent personal terms he'd still make the move.

11 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Marcelino Nunez moved to Norwich after their relegation, Osorio or his representatives may think he's above this level but I think if we went with a serious bid and decent personal terms he'd still make the move.

That's a fair point. I haven't kept track of Nunez—how's he done for Norwich?

You'd hope so. I wonder if it will be another of those "late in the window" signings, when it becomes clear the big guns aren't necessarily all in on him. Would be great to have him on the right.

46 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

That's a fair point. I haven't kept track of Nunez—how's he done for Norwich?

You'd hope so. I wonder if it will be another of those "late in the window" signings, when it becomes clear the big guns aren't necessarily all in on him. Would be great to have him on the right.

Played a fair bit for them, whenever I saw him I thought he looked alright, but didn't watch them enough to say whether he was a success overall though. Could be right with Osorio, would prefer Aravena though, his numbers are very good, playing for a struggling Catolica side (by their standards) and at a smaller side in Nublense.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

His agent is going to be working overtime to get him a move to Europe. You'll see hundreds of links. 

Given how non existent our South American scouting / recruitment is and the fact the only source was lcfc Arg who links us to every Argentinian player ever, I really don't think it was ever worth any kind of excitement lol

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Staff said:

Should've kept Congerton. After all, he did discover Neymar and Messi. Brendan told us so. 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Most English clubs don't !!

Vast majority of South American player's gravitate towards Portugal and Spain, an obvious pattern.

Historically there has been good reason for that though. Namely it was easier to get visas, and they share languages (albeit some dialectic differences of course) e.g. Portuguese spoken in Brazil, etc 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Historically there has been good reason for that though. Namely it was easier to get visas, and they share languages (albeit some dialectic differences of course) e.g. Portuguese spoken in Brazil, etc 

Exactly and will continue to be the case, Portuguese and Spanish are very closely related and it's much easier for a Portuguese speaker to understand Spanish (not other way around apparently). Culturally it isn't so much of a big step for a young player moving away from home with huge expat communities living in Spain and Portugal also. 

We could and should have scouts operating there, we were linked with a few years back with a fair few but nothing came of them, probably for the same reasons discussed and also the Rudkin factor.

Discussing South American players, still based on that continent joining Leicester is like a pipe dream.

If only our board could see the worldwide networking relationships and structure needed to go alongside with the world class training facility, currently filled with the likes of Petty and Rudkin. Our youth ranks filled with Villa rejects shows the extent to which Vichai's vision is currently falling short. It be brilliant to see more flair from across the globe!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Discussing South American players, still based on that continent joining Leicester is like a pipe dream.

It's not really a pipe dream is it? Sara and Nunez both moved to Norwich directly from South America, they are hardly Brighton who have developed a repuatation for picking them up.

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

It's not really a pipe dream is it? Sara and Nunez both moved to Norwich directly from South America, they are hardly Brighton who have developed a repuatation for picking them up.

...it is a pipe dream so far as this club is concerned, we are not going to be fishing in that pond!!!

When we have failed to master the pond just across the way, why would you believe that Rudkin could operate in the South American environment?

• Thanks 1