Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

His agent is going to be working overtime to get him a move to Europe. You'll see hundreds of links. 

Given how non existent our South American scouting / recruitment is and the fact the only source was lcfc Arg who links us to every Argentinian player ever, I really don't think it was ever worth any kind of excitement lol

Have to get Willy C to drop his agent a line to convince him to come here!

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it is a pipe dream so far as this club is concerned, we are not going to be fishing in that pond!!!

When we have failed to master the pond just across the way, why would you believe that Rudkin could operate in the South American environment?

Norwich have picked up players from there so I'm not having it we couldn't if we wanted to. Also Rudkin isn't the one deciding where we are scouting is he? Likely our Head of Recruitment is, also when it comes to Rudkins part in all this I imagine a number of clubs from the smaller nations in South America are fairly easy to deal with, they aren't making huge demands.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Norwich have picked up players from there so I'm not having it we couldn't if we wanted to. Also Rudkin isn't the one deciding where we are scouting is he? Likely our Head of Recruitment is, also when it comes to Rudkins part in all this I imagine a number of clubs from the smaller nations in South America are fairly easy to deal with, they aren't making huge demands.

...we can see that it can be done, but we are not doing it!!!

We do not do a lot of things that other teams do, in regards to picking up quality players from abroad, whether it is down to the DoF to oversee the scouting department, it is not being done and we are losing out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

one we was "linked" with 
no surprise really, be sold for 100mil in 4yrs time

Perfect club for him. Expecting a 17 year old Argentinian kid to move to England and be in the first team at a club in turmoil would never have worked out.

As you say, I expect to see him at Chelsea for monster wages and fee in 3-4 years time!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Perfect club for him. Expecting a 17 year old Argentinian kid to move to England and be in the first team at a club in turmoil would never have worked out.

As you say, I expect to see him at Chelsea for monster wages and fee in 3-4 years time!

Joao Pedro did OK doing just that at Watford.

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think his family had just been assaulted by Ultras and told that they knew where his mum lived...

I get that but why would Benfica erase that trauma from him any more than pitching up at Leicester? 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I get that but why would Benfica erase that trauma from him any more than pitching up at Leicester? 😂

Because he won't start for them, he will play in their B team with a handful of first team appearances in the cup. If we signed him, it's to be at minimum a squad rotation option. Benfica have a proven pedigree of finding South American talents, developing them over a few years and then selling them on for monster fees. David Luiz, Darwin Nunez, Ederson, Talisca, Di Maria, etc, etc. If we signed him in the same way Brighton sign South American players, then he'd be an outstanding pickup, but we aren't that club right now. There he can better adjust to their culture with the warm weather and language similarities and do the business when he's a man not a kid.

I can't remember the last time a 17 year old was a first team player for us regularly, it's a rarity for it to happen for a domestic player, yet alone a foreign one.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Because he won't start for them, he will play in their B team with a handful of first team appearances in the cup. If we signed him, it's to be at minimum a squad rotation option. Benfica have a proven pedigree of finding South American talents, developing them over a few years and then selling them on for monster fees. David Luiz, Darwin Nunez, Ederson, Talisca, Di Maria, etc, etc. If we signed him in the same way Brighton sign South American players, then he'd be an outstanding pickup, but we aren't that club right now. There he can better adjust to their culture with the warm weather and language similarities and do the business when he's a man not a kid.

I can't remember the last time a 17 year old was a first team player for us regularly, it's a rarity for it to happen for a domestic player, yet alone a foreign one.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I'd understand if we were still in the PL.

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ederson was already in Portugal when Benfica picked him up (still their record for doing it is obscene). It'll be easier to settle and he probably won't be in the spotlight as much at Benfica and knows he's in a good place to develop and get a bigger move in a few years, but not sure how that changes what happened to him.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Culture, language play a huge part. 

Benfica will have a huge network of Spanish / Portuguese speakers working in and around these countries and have a good reputation within these countries. 

It's evident our club has nothing. 

Imagine old del boy Rudkin throwing out the ay up me ducks when trying persuade a family of a young Portuguese speaker to choose us. Not even worth thinking we'd be getting these player's at present because we won't. After the lack of joined up thinking on transfers over the last few years I don't believe in a couple of months since their board meeting that we've got the structure in place to nab the hot talent in South America. 

I'll wait for the genuine links before getting upset by losing out to Benefica on transfers. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Culture, language play a huge part. 

Benfica will have a huge network of Spanish / Portuguese speakers working in and around these countries and have a good reputation within these countries. 

It's evident our club has nothing. 

No one has debated that though?

https://anfieldwatch.co.uk/exclusive-kiernan-dewsbury-hall-liverpool-transfer-leicester/

Liverpool are looking at Leicester City’s Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall over a possible move, Anfield Watch understands.

Sources close to the situation suggest that Liverpool's scouting team has been closely monitoring Dewsbury-Hall's progress over the past season, and the club's interest in him has grown substantially.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

https://anfieldwatch.co.uk/exclusive-kiernan-dewsbury-hall-liverpool-transfer-leicester/

Liverpool are looking at Leicester City’s Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall over a possible move, Anfield Watch understands.

Sources close to the situation suggest that Liverpool's scouting team has been closely monitoring Dewsbury-Hall's progress over the past season, and the club's interest in him has grown substantially.

KDH is no-where near good enough for Liverpool. 

• Like 3